Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? (15052 Views)

Doughnut Business / How Profitable Is Eatery Business? / Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by EzendiEgo1: 10:45am On Sep 25, 2018
Please I need help, I just started learning how to make snacks like doughnut and Meat pie from YouTube and I plan to distribute to people that will hawk and I plan to distribute to shops around me also,

Reason why I want to distribute it to hawk.. is because of my job.

I want to know if this business is lucrative... please if you are someone who knows much about this business please put me through.... how do I package them that would make them look attractive, what's the cost of production, how do I make profit?

This is my estimation:

Let assumed I have 3 hawks and 1 co-maker and we makes around 150 doughnut at the cost of #50 each, I will be making around #7500.
How achievable is this estimation,Please guru here should help me out.

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Krucifax(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
EzendiEgo1:
Please I need help, I just started learning how to make snacks like doughnut and Meat pie from YouTube and I plan to distribute to people that will hawk and I plan to distribute to shops around me also,

I want to know if this business is lucrative... please if you are someone who knows much about this business please put me through.... how do I package them that would make them look attractive, what's the cost of production, how do I make profit?

This is my estimation:

Let assumed I have 3 hawks and 1 co-maker and we makes around 150 doughnut at the cost of #50 each, I will be making around #7500.

Cc:Lalasticlala Mynd44

As with any "products" business the fundamentals are thesame.
1. Production. 2. Marketing. 3. Distribution.4. Logistics. 5. Sales.
1. First get an honest appraisal of how good your snacks are from a chef who has years of experience. You could pay one to sample your snacks. This is important as people normally never return to bad products.
2. If above is fine then open an Instagram and Facebook business page for your business.
3. The above is free marketing and hopefully sales.
4. You can Google search local,hotels,schools,event centres,offices etc. These are few but good leads for business.
5. In "my opinion" this should be your first starting point. As it keeps costs minimal(hawking etc).
6. As your brand hopefully expands and your market penetration increases then you can fork out expenses for hawking.
Either way you go good luck with your endeavour.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by BruncleZuma: 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
In America or Nigeria?

For Nigeria open close to a secondary school...in America or Canada open close to a Police station.

Trust me you won't need marketing to sellout every single day that school is in session and Police no dey close.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by tripin(m): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
See mi here cool cool cool cool cool

I said it tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by nonny400(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
If done in a students' environment, it's quite profitable...
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by ybman: 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
More profitable than the average salary of a Nigerian graduate depending on ur business strategies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Tekecoms1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
Ghanaian invented business.
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Enn214(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
v. profitabl here. anytin food..

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by braine(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
Anything edible is lucrative, especially if you have a busy environment like Lagos, you just need proper planning like the one you currently have which is not bad. Well done, OP.

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by BruncleZuma: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
Tekecoms1:
Ghanaian invented business.
Wee you shatap!?

7 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by letout: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
Ok
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Factfinder1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
Depends on your location and how well u fry it and how mannerful u are and how neat you are and how you talk to your costomers....that's what makes me buy

4 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by judecares1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
your location matters alot
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by qanda: 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by suyamasta(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Good money if you know what you are doing, Krispy Kreme made million $$ last year and they in Nigeria now

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Olachase(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
I don't have anything to say
wetin I kw be say the mama way day sell for my area Don close chop base on mama give me 4 I go give you money tomorrow

11 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by gazal55(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
Se you dey wine me ni Doughnut bawo Oga ask another question coz oyin say what doughnut na fish pile family tankiu

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by itiswellandwell: 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
Very profitable if you can get the taste, size, quality and marketing locations right. All the very best in your decision.

Cheap s6 edge. Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2018
Krucifax:

As with any "products" business the fundamentals are thesame.
1. Production. 2. Marketing. 3. Distribution.4. Logistics. 5. Sales.
1. First get an honest appraisal of how good your snacks are from a chef who has years of experience. You could pay one to sample your snacks. This is important as people normally never return to bad products.
2. If above is fine then open an Instagram and Facebook business page for your business.
3. The above is free marketing and hopefully sales.
4. You can Google search local,hotels,schools,event centres,offices etc. These are few but good leads for business.
5. In "my opinion" this should be your first starting point. As it keeps costs minimal(hawking etc).
6. As your brand hopefully expands and your market penetration increases then you can fork out expenses for hawking.
Either way you go good luck with your endeavour.

Bros, thumb up for your advice, but about the social media part: you mean she should open instagram and facebook page for doughnut?

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by id4sho(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
r
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
BruncleZuma:
In America or Nigeria?

For Nigeria open close to a secondary school...in America or Canada open close to a Police station.

Trust me you won't need marketing to sellout every single day that school is in session.
F
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
I'm going out to look for doughnuts. Suddenly feel like.

Op listen to the first commentor
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by braine(m): 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
gazal55:
Se you dey wine me ni Doughnut bawo Oga ask another question coz oyin say what doughnut na fish pile family tankiu

Not everything you come across is a joke, okay?

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by ifyain: 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
If you can not devote you time 24/7 on your business plans at start up , then forget it.
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by millionboi2: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
Start small 1st

By giving to ur family, friends and closest to chop

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by kizwid(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

This is my estimation:

anything made from flavor, is lucrative.. just make sure u have good business plan and strategies..and make ur product advertise for u
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by DANILSA(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
Pls don't, it's going off the market. secondly the stress is much. but if u decide to do i can help u for free.
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by sacajawea: 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2018
Forget it, Buhari is a terrible person

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Jrevelation(m): 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2018
dey don spoil market for those selling it since they said the thing cause cancer our people don stop buying it
Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by islandmoon: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2018
churches now order snacks on Sunday for their congregation, I know of redeem. 250 from my friend every Sunday,
then, go to a major junction and get a space, my friend is making 8k daily just from puff puff and doughnuts , I can teach you. very easy to make them, puff puff is very profitable as well, but you need to learn that on the job. goodluck

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? by Reelmii: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
oluwaseyi000:

Bros, thumb up for your advice, but about the social media part: you mean she should open instagram and facebook page for doughnut?
if she already has an account on the socal media,

she can advertise it there

and if she does not have any social media handle, she can creat one, there is nothing wrong with her opening one for her business purposes

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Regains Top Spot From Rupert On Forbes Africa’s Billionaire List / Today's Naira Rates Against Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Making Money By Online -simple Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.