Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used (22673 Views)

Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me / 10 Things That Happen To Your Health If You Don’t Eat Meat / Please Help Me, What Antibiotics Can I Use To Treat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by Krucifax(m): 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2018
dominique:
Some people use antibiotics for almost every ailment including flu and malaria. Antibiotics should not be used anyhow, but our people will not hear.

Your are right. But it's because of a lack of awareness and failure of the Ministry of Health and government to highlight the dangers and enforce policies that prevent abuse.
When I lived in Nigeria every tom, dick and harry can go to a pharmacy to buy antibiotics. When I moved to Europe I realised I couldn't. That antibiotics can only be prescribed by a doctor.
Even the doctors here are very reluctant to prescribe antibiotics .Not so much for the immunity depletion mentioned in the original post but because microbes in your body when exposed to heavy doses of a particular type of antibiotics start to adapt and become immune to the antibiotics. This essentially makes that particular type of antibiotics ineffective in your own body when targeting that particular strain of microbes . Nature is crazy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by kay29000(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
had to go to a hospital
OK.
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by theachiever: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
Have taking long term of antibiotics, just stop few weeks ago because am treating staph which refuse to go, Can any body recommend me probiotics to be taking now?
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
The way some girls drink Beecham ampiclox like they are taking paracetamol is alarming and at the detriment of their health.
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
theachiever:
Have taking long term of antibiotics, just stop few weeks ago because am treating staph which refuse to go, Can any body recommend me probiotics to be taking now?
You need to keep taking it to kill the staph.
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by Olibboy: 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2018
about drinking origin bitter?
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by Fribery: 12:23am On Sep 27, 2018
Colourich:
You need to keep taking it to kill the staph.

sheybi you know taking too much antibiotics can spoil kidney and liver.. ? don't kill somebody's pikin o
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by holicalpha(m): 5:38am On Sep 27, 2018
Offpoint:
Why most it be this particular time when I'm on antibiotics medications before a related topic must be push to front-page?
let me sink remaining dosage away...

No oo, don't even try it.. At least if your antibiotics was prescribed by a doctor or health professional.

I'm also on a dosage for an infection... Your infection could get worse if you don't complete your dosage.
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by holicalpha(m): 5:42am On Sep 27, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
Rem when I was on self med after getting an sti from my ex

Ampiclox Becham was amongst the dose, one every 6hrs

3days and my neck bone was on a 4D display
Had to stop, everyone was going on about me drying up

Seems like we have the same ex... Cuz I got an STI from my ex too...

Used becham for like a week before I stopped... The situation got worse but it's resolving na...

When shit got worst I though I had HIV �... Finally got my self checked.. And it's aii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by holicalpha(m): 5:44am On Sep 27, 2018
theachiever:
same case with me o
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2018
holicalpha:

Seems like we have the same ex... Cuz I got an STI from my ex too...

Used becham for like a week before I stopped... The situation got worse but it's resolving na...

When shit got worst I though I had HIV �... Finally got my self checked.. And it's aii
haha you know one funny speech she made when I told her I got an sti from her?

She said... ''ask those girls you've been smashing, it's definitely not me"

I swear I wasn't seeing any one else while I was with her
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by Offpoint: 7:28am On Sep 27, 2018
holicalpha:

No oo, don't even try it.. At least if your antibiotics was prescribed by a doctor or health professional.

I'm also on a dosage for an infection... Your infection could get worse if you don't complete your dosage.
Thanks boss
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by candelahria(f): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2018
Don't dare take Gentamycin anyhow. You'll be inviting kidney failure if u do.
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by professore(m): 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
It is true some ailments leave on their own without anti-biotics and it is true that anti-biotics could be a life-saving thing to use. I like that we may take probiotics with them and that you most finish the course of prescription and not stop halfway if anti-biotics become necessary.
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by holicalpha(m): 3:38am On Sep 30, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
haha you know one funny speech she made when I told her I got an sti from her?

She said... ''ask those girls you've been smashing, it's definitely not me"

I swear I wasn't seeing any one else while I was with her

If this is true.. Then you need to stop having sex with her...

Cuz if you can get An STI from her... She isn't to be trusted, and besides the worse can happen... Like getting an incurable STD.
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 30, 2018
holicalpha:

If this is true.. Then you need to stop having sex with her...

Cuz if you can get An STI from her... She isn't to be trusted, and besides the worse can happen... Like getting an incurable STD.
bro I broke up immediately after contacting the sti
Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by holicalpha(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
bro I broke up immediately after contacting the sti
better.. It's better safe than Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used by munchi(m): 3:43am On Apr 26, 2019
theachiever:

https://mrsasurvivors.org/survivor-stories/

no be staph you get

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Introduces Pain-relieving Drug For Cancer, HIV / Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims / UCH Ibadan, A Death Trap: Official Reply From UCH Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.