Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

See What Man Did On His 25-Year Old Late Daughter's Grave (Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What Man Did On His 25-Year Old Late Daughter's Grave (Photos) (870 Views)

Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What Man Did On His 25-Year Old Late Daughter's Grave (Photos) by Groovenaija360(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2018
-- Grieving Father Erects iPhone Headstone On Daughter's Grave --

A 25-year-old woman has been buried underneath a massive iPhone headstone - leaving mourners stunned.

The unusual 5ft tombstone was put up over Rita Shameeva's burial plot in a Russian cemetery earlier this year.

The gravestone features a picture of Rita leaning against railings and surrounded by trees in a park. It even has the Apple logo on the back.

It was erected by her grieving father Rais Shameev long after his daughter's death in January 2016 from an unknown cause, say reports.

Shameev has not commented on the unusual memorial.

It is made from basalt in the shape of a black iPhone.

And the 5ft high monument towers above other gravestones in this part of Ufa cemetery.

Mourner Nikolay Yevdokimov told newspaper ProUral: “I thought I was having hallucinations.How could an American smartphone suddenly appear at our cemetery?And such a huge one.I came closer and was surprised.

“I've seen many gravestones, but to make one in the form of iPhone - this is the first time, to be honest.It was made for a young woman from black basalt most likely. Very unusual,”he said.

Little is known of Rita except that she was a keen traveller and had friends in Germany.

Local headstone maker Ilgam Galliulin denied he was responsible for its design.

“My father and I make monuments to order,but I saw this unusual one for the first time last week,” he said.

The grave is believed to have been commissioned from a Siberian company which offers “death accessories”.

Designer Pavel Kalyuk built a similar headstone as an advertising gimmick.

“We began to make monuments just to attract attention," he said.

But after exhibiting his work at a funeral exhibition in Novosibirsk, orders came in for the bizarre tombstones.

>>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/see-what-man-did-on-his-25-year-old-late-daughters-grave-photos/
Re: See What Man Did On His 25-Year Old Late Daughter's Grave (Photos) by Hardrive(m): 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2018
Very soon, this thing would be replicated in this country.

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget / Recommended Family Schedule During This Lockdown Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.