Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report (5500 Views)

How To Get UBEC Password After Creating Federal Teachers’ Scheme Account 2020 / UBEC - Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) Recruitment Exercise For 2020/2021 / Delayed Allowance Of The Current UBEC Federal Teaching Scheme Teachers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by adekunlebaj: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
THE Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) has updated its website, days after The ICIR published a report to draw attention to its abandonment.

A visit to the platform on Wednesday revealed that fresh contents have recently been uploaded and irrelevant ones removed — over a year after changes were last made to it. New pages have also been added to bring it closer to the template of the old website, which now redirects to it.

Five backdated news reports have been published, with their dates of publication ranging from March 19, 2018 to September 9, 2018. Unlike previous, now-deleted stories, they have greater details, are more recent, and are illustrated with appropriate images.

The list of projects on the website has been updated. Only five questionable projects were featured as at September 18 when The ICIR reported its observations, but this number has shot up to 244 projects, all stated as completed.

UBEC has also deployed the platform to make a call for tenders and expressions of interest for the implementation of 2018 capital and constituency projects. Most pages have been updated — from Matching Grants, Data, Report, Gallery, all five pages under About Us, to all 19 pages under Departments.

However, from indications, the site is still a work in progress. The commission’s official email address, a replacement of the former (info@ubeconline.com), is still unavailable, and some pages such as Research, Journals and Digest still have nothing under them. The social media links likewise remain unusable.

A little over a week ago, The ICIR reported how UBEC at the time used two official websites with neither being used effectively. Muhib Olaniyan, whose company designed the new website, and Garba Kwandi, who is supervising the website project, had told our reporter that work was still ongoing.

It was observed that, shortly following a call to Osom Osom, UBEC’s Public Relations Officer, the old UBEC website address started redirecting to the new address, though contents on the former had yet to be transferred at the time.

Source: https://www.icirnigeria.org/ubec-finally-updates-website-following-icir-report/

Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by cooldipo(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2018
Active journalism!
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by CapitoneMax(m): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2018
H
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by JIDEproudAFONJA(f): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by Rollins777(m): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by tunwumi: 6:54am On Sep 27, 2018
Done
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by hisgrace090: 6:54am On Sep 27, 2018
What an upside down country?

Only in this country that you open a website an it will contain very little or nothing at all.

Budget money for even ordinary website, someone will steal it. Those that will query the act may have committed the same offence, or looking for opportunity to commit one so therefore will not take any of such risk.

I know we desperately want development but not with this our attitude.

Bikonu kanyi fu beanyi nanya!
Pls let love our country!

1 Like

Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by kolafolabi(m): 6:54am On Sep 27, 2018
Power of media

2 Likes

Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by dingbang(m): 6:55am On Sep 27, 2018
cool

Please read my signature, thanks
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by kalu61(m): 6:56am On Sep 27, 2018
Okay then. However, I'm selling my laptop.
check my profile I need cash
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by kalu61(m): 6:56am On Sep 27, 2018
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by ObservantFellow: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2018
Lol. They needed to act fast grin
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by donsimoniiblog: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2018
Lmfao, sharp people
If only the government would act as fast as this, there would be improvements everywhere

Story lovers visit www.donsimonii.com now for your interesting stories
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by gaby(m): 7:09am On Sep 27, 2018
Kudos to that reporter..
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 27, 2018
Uk US and nigerian adsense account available send me a pm if interested or call 0903 714 7924
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by adedam007(m): 7:31am On Sep 27, 2018
Re: UBEC Finally Updates Abandoned Website Following Report by RevenGeMission: 7:38am On Sep 27, 2018
Maitenance culture .....

(1) (Reply)

Who Needs Neco 2011 Examination Question Paper.it's Real! / ASUU Postpones National Meeting To January / Ivy League Schools In Nigeria, If You No Go Here, Na College You Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.