Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

The Hail Mary Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hail Mary Prayer (4215 Views)

When You Pray The “hail Mary” Prayer / Christians, Say After Me- "Hail Mary, full of Grace!" / The Story Of A Protestant Child Who Prayed The Hail Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2018
Where did my Catholic friends learned this prayer from? Jesus Christ taught his disciples how to pray and whom to direct their prayers to when they requested that he teach them how to pray(Luke 11). This was a pattern the Lord gave to them and by extention us as well, who are his disciples today.

Note: This is not a Catholic bashing thread. I put up this so that we may all learn the truth.

May the good Lord Jesus enlighten us all. Amen!
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bedspread: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2018
I'll love to hear from the Catholics..
let's Rub minds and get Exposed to the Truth!
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Shelumiel: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
It will eventually turn out into a tongue-lashing contest
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2018
bedspread:
I'll love to hear from the Catholics.. let's Rub minds and get Exposed to the Truth!
Yea bro, exactly my intention. Let us turn on the light of truth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
Shelumiel:
It will eventually turn out into a tongue-lashing contest

By God's grace it will not.
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by sonmvayina(m): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
The hail Mary prayer is made up of 2 parts, the first part is the prayer of angel Gabriel to Mary during the announcement that she was going to be the mother of jesus... Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with the, blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb...
The second part was added by the church by the authority given to it by jesus under the guidance of the holy spirit.. " I give you the keys of the kingdom of God, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be considered loses in heaven".. This authority was confirmed when jesus said" receive the holy spirit, those whose sins you forgive they are forgiven and those whose sins you retained shall be retained "...
Spoken as an ex mass server, ex CYON SEC GEN, For 2 terms, ex legion of Mary,....

Bring it on

10 Likes

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by sway112: 9:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
sonmvayina:
The hail Mary prayer is made up of 2 parts, the first part is the prayer of angel Gabriel to Mary during the announcement that she was going to be the mother of jesus... Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with the, blessed are thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb...
The second part was added by the church by the authority given to it by jesus under the guidance of the holy spirit.. " I give you the keys of the kingdom of God, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be considered loses in heaven".. This authority was confirmed when jesus said" receive the holy spirit, those whose sins you forgive they are forgiven and those whose sins you retained shall be retained "...
Spoken as an ex mass server, ex CYON SEC GEN, For 2 terms, ex legion of Mary,....

Bring it on

Did the Lord ask us to pray such? He layed a foundation of prayer for his disciples in Luke 11.

1 Like

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Gggg102(m): 7:14am On Sep 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Did the Lord ask us to pray such? He layed a foundation of prayer for his disciples in Luke 11.

did the Lord ask us to pray the grace?

8 Likes

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2018
Gggg102:

did the Lord ask us to pray the grace?
Which one is grace?
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Gggg102(m): 7:59am On Sep 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Which one is grace?

the grace of the lord, Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the holy spirit be with us now and forever, amen.

4 Likes

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:38am On Sep 27, 2018
Gggg102:

the grace of the lord, Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the holy spirit be with us now and forever, amen.

And what is wrong with the prayer?
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Gggg102(m): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

And what is wrong with the prayer?
Did Jesus ask us to pray the prayer?

5 Likes

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Hier(m): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Gggg102:

After all of Paul's messages, he often admonish the saint and commit them to the grace of God.

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

The grace is one of the ending messages of Paul writings, often note that, most of Paul's writing were not written by him, but they were inspired and I wound always say, the Holy Spirit through Paul, because Jesus said, I have yet many things to say unto you, but you can't bear them now...

That was why, Peter said according to the mystery.

yea, the grace is found in

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:02am On Sep 27, 2018
Gggg102:

Did Jesus ask us to pray the prayer?

Jesus clearly gave us a guide on how to pray in Luke 11. It is in line with how Jesus taught us to pray.

Directing our prayer and request to the eternal Godhead(Father, Son and Spirit)

1 Like

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Gggg102(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Jesus clearly gave us a guide on how to pray in Luke 11. It is in line with how Jesus taught us to pray.

Directing our prayer and request to the eternal Godhead(Father, Son and Spirit)

where did Paul get the prayer from?

2 Likes

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
Gggg102:

where did Paul get the prayer from?

This question is irrelevant. The question should be, what is the foundation of the prayer and to whom is it directed to?

I pray different kind of prayer everyday directed to God my Father.
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Gggg102(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

This question is irrelevant. The question should be, what is the foundation of the prayer and to whom is it directed to?

your question is also irrelevant then.

the hail Mary is directed to one who is together in communion with God and Christians to intercede on our behalf.
an intercessory prayer.

6 Likes

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by doyinbaby(f): 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Catholics cannot be helped....... trying to correct or teach a catholic is a waste of time.....they will keep taking you around circles of vain philosophy.......... Jesus directed his prayer to God .... now catholic is tell us to talk to Mary.......who is Mary is Mary different from Paul Peter Stephen shed rack Meshach Abednego...... should prayer be directed to her....... can Mary hear prayer of a billion people at the same time....is Mary omnipresent that she can hear prayer of a billion people in different places at the same ......... Catholics prefer lies taught to them by their church traditions than the truth expressed in the Bible....... they even build shrines to the Mary they love so much.......is Mary the mediator between God and Man......

1 Like

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2018
Gggg102:

your question is also irrelevant then.

the hail Mary is directed to one who is together in communion with God and Christians to intercede on our behalf.
an intercessory prayer.

Ok then.
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
doyinbaby:
Catholics cannot be helped....... trying to correct or teach a catholic is a waste of time.....they will keep taking you around circles of vain philosophy.......... Jesus directed his prayer to God .... now catholic is tell us to talk to Mary.......who is Mary is Mary different from Paul Peter Stephen shed rack Meshach Abednego...... Mary should prayer be directed to her....... can Mary hear prayer of a billion people at the same time....is Mary omnipresent that she can hear prayer of a billion people in different places at the same ......... Catholics prefer lies taught to them by their church traditions than the truth expressed in the Bible....... they even build shrines to the Mary they love so much.......is Mary the mediator between God and Man......

With God all things are possible. They can be changed
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by doyinbaby(f): 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

With God all things are possible. They can be changed
amen
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Where did my Catholic friends learned this prayer from? Jesus Christ taught his disciples how to pray and whom to direct their prayers to when they requested that he teach them how to pray(Luke 11). This was a pattern the Lord gave to them and by extention us as well, who are his disciples today.

Note: This is not a Catholic bashing thread. I put up this so that we may all learn the truth.

May the good Lord Jesus enlighten us all. Amen!

one of the errors in rcc
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by amanda2013(f): 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2018
See them! Catholic this Catholic that. you have not finished helping yourself yet you want to help another person.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Gggg102(m): 5:39am On Sep 28, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Ok then.

Hail Mary, full of grace,

the Lord is with you,

blessed are you among women, and

blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God,

pray for us sinners,

now, and the hour of our death,

amen.

point out the part of the prayer that is problematic.

cc: solite3, doyinbaby.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:26am On Sep 28, 2018
[quote author=Gggg102 post=71593108]

the Lord is with you,

pray for us sinners,

amen.

In relation to the pattern Jesus gave us in Luke 11 about prayer, everything is wrong with it. The eternal God is the one who hears our prayers in heaven.
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:41am On Sep 28, 2018
Gggg102:

the Lord is with you,

pray for us sinners,

amen.

Mary do not have the ability to hear and respond to prayers in heaven. Neither can She intercede for anyone.

The scripture says we have only one mediator and intercessor who ever liveth to intercede(pray) for his people in heaven, the man Jesus Christ.
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by amanda2013(f): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2018
Gegg you are wasting your time trying to explain to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:58am On Sep 28, 2018
amanda2013:
See them! Catholic this Catholic that. you have not finished helping yourself yet you want to help another person.

Jesus said, "we shall know the truth and it will make us free."

The absolute truth is important for our liberty and wellbeing.
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2018
[quote author=bloodofthelamb post=71596277][/quote
hail Mary is a prayer directed to Mary not God.
prayers are to be directed to God
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2018
[quote author=bloodofthelamb post=71596277][/quote]
hail Mary is a prayer directed to Mary not God.
prayers are to be directed to God
Re: The Hail Mary Prayer by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 28, 2018
amanda2013:
Gegg you are wasting your time trying to explain to them.
pls this is not a them vs us thread, it is intended to be a discussion thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christ Apostolic Church Member :::chatbox::: / All 22 Church Doctrines Of Deeper Life Christian Ministry / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.