Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break (50809 Views)

UEFA Reveals The 10 Fastest Players In 2018/19 UCL Season / UEFA Reveals Champions League Team Of The Week / UEFA Reveals ” Ultimate Team Of The 21 Century” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by ClintGist(f): 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
The Union of European Football Associations, UEFA, has revealed nine records Barcelona ace, Lionel Messi and Juventus star, Cristiano Ronaldo have not yet broken in the history of Europe’s topflight competitions, (Champions League and Europe League).

UEFA took to their official website today to release the records, indicating that Messi and Ronaldo are yet to break the following feats in the Europe topflight leagues:

1. Most appearances – Messi has 126, while Ronaldo has 158, but the record is being held by Porto goalkeeper, Iker Casillas (179).

2. Most final goals – Messi has scored only two final goals (in 2009 and 2011), while Ronaldo has four (one apiece in 2008 and 2014, and two in 2017) but is still three shy of the record shared by two Real Madrid legends, Alfredo Di Stéfano, Ferenc Puskás, who have both scored seven.

3. Oldest goalscorer – AC Milan legend, Paolo Maldini scored for his side’s defeat to Liverpool at the age of 36 in the 2005 Champions League final and also Roma legend, Francesco Totti scored at the age of 38 in his side’s Champions League group stage clash against CSKA Moskva in 2014.

4. Player with most success with different clubs – Clarence Seedorf (Ajax 1995, Real Madrid 1998, Milan 2003, 2007) and Zlatan Ibrahimovi? (Ajax, Juventus, Internazionale, Barcelona, Milan, Paris Saint-Germain) are both ahead of Messi and Ronaldo.

5. Fastest goal – Roy Makaay scored in 10.12 seconds for Bayern München against Real Madrid in 2007. Ronaldo’s earliest Champions League goal came in the fourth minute for Real Madrid against Juventus in 2013, while Messi’s fastest goal came in three minutes into Barcelona’s 7-0 win against Celtic in 2016.

6. Long-distance goal – Manchester United legend, Ryan Giggs has sixteen long-distance goals in the Champions League. Ronaldo has 13, while Messi has 14.

7. Goalscoring consistency – Bayern Munich forward, Gerd Müller has 0.97 goals per game ratio. Ronaldo has 0.76, while Messi has 0.82.

8. Fastest hat-tricks – Bafétimbi Gomis got his fastest hat-trick for Olympique Lyonnais against Dinamo Zagreb in 2011. Ronaldo scored his fastest hat-trick in 12 minutes for Real Madrid against Malmö in 2012, while Messi scored his fastest hat-trick in 22 minutes for Barcelona against Arsenal in 2010.

9. Most goals in a single European season – Colombia striker, Radamel Falcao scored 18 goals for Porto during the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League. Messi’s best year came in 2011/12 when he ended the European season with 14 goals, while Ronaldo set a European Cup/UEFA Champions League record with 17 in 2013/14.

https://www.clintgist.com/uefa-reveals-nine-historic-records-ronaldo-and-messi-are-yet-to-break/

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by dominique(f): 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
You can't win em all

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by ClintGist(f): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2018

7 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nbote(m): 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
Abeg let some other players give it a shot jor... These 2 have not only rewritten most of d records in d books but have made d books their own

154 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by gideon1971(m): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
Lol, football fans over to you, but please does UEFA want only two players to break all the football records that was set by hundreds of different players from different races, the ones this talented duos have broken is okay with us, I know that messi didn't mean to break any record, he is just playing bcus of passion, likewise ronaldinho etc, but C.Ronaldo is very stubborn, he is still striving to break more records, he even break a glass cup today, he is ready to break everything breakable

159 Likes 14 Shares

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by thesicilian: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
I see Ronaldo breaking most of these records faster than Messi

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by JailBreaker(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
there is always a record to break

Study For Free In Canada - Donald Wehrung International Scholarship 2018

http://tellcollege..com/2018/09/study-canada-donald-wehrung-international-award.html

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by phaphyz05(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
We hearing!!
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Bossontop(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
undecided
These ones go hard dem small
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by ambrosedmax(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
It doesn't stop the fact that history will always remember them as football greats.
Respect!!!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
Meanwhile somewhere in Seville Spain in a match between Sevilla & Real Madrid.................

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Pabloosas(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
A
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by gurunlocker: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
Thank God their era is coming to an end gradually. They've used others people shine with theirs.... lol
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by FuckFuckBoy(m): 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
No be PlayStation na.

They've tried jare!

Others should try undecided

10 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
Even though I'm a born again Christian, why can't fifa and uefa appreciate Muslim football players I hate this Christianity for been biased angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
They've done what's needed to make their marks.

That's all that matters.

38 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by notenobe: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
hmmm

1 Like

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Hades2016(m): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Leave Ronaldo and Messi alone let them rest biko them don try

11 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Unlimited22: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
Check your info. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has not won even one champions league medal.

13 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by FuckFuckBoy(m): 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
Meanwhile somewhere in Seville Spain in a match between Sevilla & Real Madrid.................

18 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Keshe50: 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
which success did zlatan has in uefa competition biko..dude only won the Europa league with Manchester united

13 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Sard(m): 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian, why can't fifa and uefa appreciate Muslim football players I hate this Christianity for been biased angry

I've noticed you write this Christian-Muslim gibberish every time on NL?
Are you okay at all? Must everything come down to religion?

I hope you understand that most of these people are neither Muslims nor Christians. Lots of them are irreligious, so shove your Muslim-Christian rant into your unsightly asss.

BTW, stop being a sissy, you're not a Christian.

Anyone who doubts me should check the screenshots of his previous posts below.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nbote(m): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
thesicilian:
I see Ronaldo breaking most of these records faster than Messi

U see wrong...

7 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
Unlimited22:
Check your info. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has not won even one champions league medal.
I wish people read and understand well before commenting, it would have solved alot of uneccessary questions

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by maklelemakukula(m): 10:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
GoTV:
sick soul

6 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by rozayx5(m): 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2018
Madrid getting flogged 3-0

That's what matter now

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by rock003: 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
dominique:
You can't win em all

I'm forced to agree with you
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by fagbemiakintayo(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2018
That is life, you can't have it all. That is their inconclusive heart desires for now. Mine is to get just 20% of there net worth am OK..
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by ezewinted1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 26, 2018
GoTV:
make FIFA n UEFA go dey meet them for Mosque/house?
Most of them would rather blew themselves up fighting Jihad. At least they are known for something

1 Like

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by abbeyfel: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2018
GoTV:
What is this one saying again? Wetin consign futbol and religion? Zidane no be muslim? Abi who say make muslim countries no quick embrace football?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by pascalbenz: 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2018
Sard:

I've noticed you write this Christian-Muslim gibberish every time on NL?
Are you okay at all? Must everything come down to religion?

I hope you understand that most of these people are neither Muslims nor Christians. Lots of them are irreligious, so shove your Muslim-Christian rant into your unsightly asss.

BTW, stop being a sissy, you're not a Christian.
GoTV:
You Hear ?
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
LEGENDS!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Red Card On UCL Debut With Juventus (Photo) / Pep Guardiola Becomes First Manager To Receive Yellow Card (Photos) / Gifty Pushes For Divorce As DNA Test Confirms Asamoah Gyan Is Father Of Her Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.