Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. (447 Views)

10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid / WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar / How To Correctly Use The Word "BEAT" In A Sentence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2018
If you think you speak or write English better than others ,perhaps your friends or neighbors,then here is a platform to test your skills.

Let's get started :

Which of the following sentences is correct?

A. The protesters raised their hand in favour of a strike action.

B. The protesters raised their hands in favour of a strike action.

C. The protesters raised up their hands in favour of a strike action.

POI:

Now it's your turn to write a sentence .
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2018
jhubril:
If you think you speak or write English better than others ,perhaps your friends or neighbors,then here is a platform to test your skills.

Let's get started :

Which of the following sentences is correct?

A. The protesters raised their hand in favour of a strike action.

B. The protesters raised their hands in favour of a strike action.

C. The protesters raised up their hands in favour of a strike action.

POI:

[/b]Now is your turn to write a sentence.[b]

#Sighs with resignation while shaking my head.

answer- B.

If you must initiate a grammar test, at least write yours well.

1 Like

Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2018
topcatking:

answer- B.
Where did I get it wrong? How and when?
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2018
topcatking:

answer- B.
Where did I get it wrong? How and when?
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2018
topcatking:

answer- B.

If I am going to have to engage you in a lengthy discussion ,it is because I seek to destroy your pride.

You wrote :

"#Sighs with resignation".

Rewording the above sentence will result in the following construction:

" I SIGHS WITH RESIGNATION". Goof !! "Gbagaun!" olodo rabata!

LET ME TEACH YOU HOW TO USE THE WORD "MUST".

If you must do something,then you must do another thing. MUST is often used in a sequence .
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2018
topcatking:

answer- B.
It's merely an error of omission . Mr fool!
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2018
topcatking:

answer- B.
It's merely an error of omission . Mr fool!
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2018
topcatking:

answer- B.

Hello !

"SIGHS WITH RESIGNATION" is a flawed sentence. (INCORRECT) olodo!

"A SIGH OF RESIGNATION" is the appropriate way to express that emotion.
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
jhubril:

Hello !

[/b]"SIGHS WITH RESIGNATION"[b] is a flawed sentence. (INCORRECT) olodo!

"A SIGH OF RESIGNATION" is the appropriate way to express that emotion.

SMH. Dude.

Not to write too much, but the emboldened describes an action i carried out.

I choose to ignore the myriad insults you hurled at my person and your childish display, while hoping you will be more mature in your responses in future.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by chii8(f): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2018
You have already spoiled a good thing you started,if he pointed out a mistake you made,accept it and move on.
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2018
topcatking:

SMH. Dude.

Not to write too much, but the emboldened describes an action i carried out.

I choose to ignore the myriad insults you hurled at my person and your childish display, while hoping you will be more mature in your responses in future.

Peace.

Weak defence !

1.Described /not describes(it is not universal)

2. I not i (Singular pronoun is written as I not i).

3. An action I carried out? Very awkward tone.

4. I chose(correct) .

You love your chains and you will eventually die in the bondage of ignorance.

POI:

I don't think I have any cause to regret my affront on your person judging by the dull mind you brought to the perusal of my post. How suddenly has the table turned against you ? Did you at any point realise how uncouth you were by those degrading words you posted in this forum? You played a fast one on me and thought you would go home with laurels and a crown on your head?

Driven by pride and envy,you sought to drag me through the mire ,not minding how extremely low you are on the academic ladder. Now that your ego has been bruised I hope you will learn to keep your peace and stay out of trouble.

My two cents is that you need to unlearn a lot of things ,this way you would become a better person rather than a wet blanket .
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
chii8:
You have already spoiled a good thing you started,if he pointed out a mistake you made,accept it and move on.

You know this typical Nigerian mentality to show off everything at every given opportunity ? That's exactly what the guy brought here. He thought he was going to have the last laugh by trying to make fun of my English and ,by extension,derail the thread. But his plan fell through and the table turned against him. Hence ,my strong words .

I urge you to read the second post and form your impression about that guy.
Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2018
jhubril:

Weak defence !

1.Described /not describes(it is not universal)

2. I not i (Singular pronoun is written as I not i).

3. An action I carried out? Very awkward tone.

4. I chose(correct) .

You love your chains and you will eventually die in the bondage of ignorance.

POI:

I don't think I have any cause to regret my affront on your person judging by the dull mind you brought to the perusal of my post. How suddenly has the table turned against you ? Did you at any point realise how uncouth you were by those degrading words you posted in this forum? You played a fast one on me and thought you would go home with laurels and a crown on your head?

Driven by pride and envy,you sought to drag me through the mire ,not minding how extremely low you are on the academic ladder. Now that your ego has been bruised I hope you will learn to keep your peace and stay out of trouble.

My two cents is that you need to unlearn a lot of things ,this way you would become a better person rather than a wet blanket .

Get a job and a life boy.

1 Like

Re: Grammar Challenge: Write A Sentence & Get Hit By Critics. by jhubril(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2018
topcatking:

Get a job and a life boy.
Stray dog ,do you have one?

(1) (Reply)

Apply!! For 2019/2020 Master Card Foundation Scholarship For All Categories / UNILAG Medical Students Slept Outside In School Due To Power Outage / Adeleke University JUPEB Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.