Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. (844 Views)

I Won't Let Any Religion Bully Me. / Forget Any Religion And PRAY! / Stop & Think: Did God Create Any Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by vedaxcool(m): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2010
despoil is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable.  Yet few people know that the Bible often condones and even approves of despoil.  How anyone can get their moral guidance from a book that allows despoil escapes me.  Perhaps they have been lied to about the Bible and carefully detoured around all the nasty stuff in the Bible.

So grab your Bibles and follow along as I show you all the nasty despoils that your priests and preachers don't want to tell you about.  Note that in many places in the Bible there are references to "taking a wife".  Don't be fooled into thinking that these were voluntary marriages.  This first quote clearly shows that murder and force were used to "take" these wives.

1) Murder, despoil, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead  (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children.  "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin."  Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives.  But there were not enough women for all of them.  The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel.  So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead?  There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever.  But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem.  They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards.  When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife!  And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding.  Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'"  So the men of Benjamin did as they were told.  They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance.  Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them.  So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

Obviously these women were repeatedly despoiled.  These sick bastards killed and despoiled an entire town and then wanted more virgins, so they hid beside the road to kidnap and despoil some more.  How can anyone see this as anything but evil?

2) Murder, despoil and pillage of the Midianites    (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men.  All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle.  They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.  Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder.  They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived.  After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp.  But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle.  "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded.  "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor.  They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people.  Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man.  Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

Clearly bible despoil of virgins.

3) More Murder despoil and Pillage   (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

What kind of God approves of murder, despoil, and slavery?

4) Laws of despoil   (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of despoiling a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a despoil victim marry her attacker?

5) Death to the despoil Victim   (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

It is clear that bible doesn't give a damn about the despoil victim.  He is only concerned about the violation of another mans "property".

6) David's Punishment - Polygamy, despoil, Baby Killing, and God's "Forgiveness" (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)

Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house.  I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor.  He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight.  You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'

Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord."  Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die.  But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die."  [The child dies seven days later.]

This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible.  God himself brings the completely innocent despoil victims to the despoiler.  What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil?  And then he kills a child!  This is sick, really sick!

7)  despoil of Female Captives   (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house.  But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb.  After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife.  However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Once again the bible approves of forcible despoil.

cool  despoil and the Spoils of War (Judges 5:30 NAB)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil.   (Judges 5:30 NAB)

(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst.  And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.   (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
despoiling And Killing

"Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." (Isaiah 13:15-16)
Comment

These verses foretold the deaths of the people of Babylon. Fortunately not everyone in Babylon (now modern Iraq) fell by the sword or had their children dashed to pieces or their wives despoiled (just another instance of errors in the Bible). How some people who believe in an infallible Bible can accept these verses as God inspired, or morally uplifting can only give evidence to the blinding nature of belief. For if we believe these words as God inspired, then the killing of children and the despoiling of wives must also come as an inspiration from the Supreme Being.
despoil My Daughter

"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:24-25)
Comment

Judges 19 describe a father who offers his virgin daughter to a drunken mob. When the father says "unto this man do not so vile a thing," he makes clear that sexual abuse should never befall a man (meaning him), yet a woman, even his own flesh and blood, or a concubine belonging to a perfect stranger, can receive punishment from men to do what they wish. This attitude against women still persists to this day and we have the Bible, in large part, to thank for this attitude against women.

Verse 25 describes the hours long gang despoil of the poor concubine. The Bible gives not one hint of passion or concern for the despoiled girl. Considering that many people believe that every word in the Bible comes from God, it should not surprise anyone why people still use these verses to justify such atrocities.

Silence The Woman!

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)
Comment

Another case where the Bible makes it quite clear that women live for man and must submit to them.

"Man enjoys the great advantage of having a god endorse the code he writes; and since man exercises a sovereign authority over women it is especially fortunate that this authority has been vested in him by the Supreme Being. For the Jews, Mohammedans and Christians among others, man is master by divine right; the fear of God will therefore repress any impulse towards revolt in the downtrodden female."

--Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex 1949

(See also I Cor. 11:3-12, I Cor. 14:34-36, I Peter 3:1-7, Ephesians 5:22-24, Col. 3:18-19.)
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by manmustwac(m): 12:25am On Jul 10, 2010
Well over 80% of christians haven't really studied thier bible. They just believe what they have been programmed told to believe from an early age. They can't actually think for themselves.
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by tpiah: 6:13am On Jul 10, 2010
another dullard in the house.

didnt know manmuswac is now a full fledged member of that club.
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2010
Eh ya! Another pusillanimous fellow in the house. Sorry ehn, i guess you've never seen chickens fight, not to talk of sudden exposure to violence and calamity. Take heart, take real heart, and pls don't wet it.
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by Tudor6(f): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2010
^^
Why dont you address issues the poster raised rather than barking like a tpia dog??
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by Image123(m): 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2010
^
And have you addressed 'issues raised'? Na today? What of all the ones that have been addressed, did they reach the address?
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by tpiah: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2010
tudor has a problem expressing himself without using vulgar language and attacking wildly like a tasmanian devil.

it's his nature and nothing can be done about it, really.

anyone who doesnt know this fellow should check his previous posts or keep watching this space- tudor will display/go on rampage soon.

[img]http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/05/17/l_rampage17_narrowweb__300x428,0.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by nuclearboy(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2010
Very funny thread based on an amazing amount of ignorance!  grin

@Tudor:

You're an amazement! What, under God's Heaven, is "a tpia dog"? Wetin she do you just now now? Take it easy now lipsrsealed

In response to Vedaxcool's post (as you requested),

[1] what religion condones "r a p e"? the law of the Torah i.e. Judaism, right? Christianity and Judaism are different religions!

[2] In a lighter mood, Vedaxcool is a moslem - talk about a pot calling a kettle black!

Assume he was right - ours was in the past. Theirs nko?  tongue Yet is he wrong for the Old testament is not Christianity but Judaism? Are they same?  

Yet even Judaism's despoils were in the past! Some still treat women as children and require them to be beaten, owned like dogs and to walk behind men. Funniest, they don't even have a hope for the hereafter [size=3pt](not that anyone has since all will be burnt to cinders and be known only by the koko on their heads)[/size]
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by tpiah: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2010
nuclearboy:

Very funny thread based on an amazing amount of ignorance!  grin

@Tudor:

You're an amazement! What, under God's Heaven, is "a tpia dog"? Wetin she do you just now now? Take it easy now lipsrsealed

recent ones:

Tudór:

You are a big fool. . .

Here is the daft quote from you;

I showed the iidiot ''QUOTES'' in the bible directed at so-called ''unbelievers'', ''doubters''.

Tell me fool, WHO ARE THOSE QUOTES FOR your butthole??

Answer the damn question, slowpoke

And oh, if the bible contains quotes directed at satan then YES the bible contains messages for satan,  Try again abeg

What is this goat rambling

Which foolish evidence?? A witness who is inconsistent in his testimony and a lawyer uses the internal inconsistencies  to discredit the witness' account as false.

According your argument, the lawyer has no right at all to reference or quote the testimony because he disbelieves  it or is a 'doubter'?? You are a dunce!

Again i ask, did you go to school at all??

Tudór:

Ironic coming from a[b] loudmouth pig[/b] who loves to spew tactless statements

Tudór:

lol. . .its fun to see loud-mouthed fools wriggle in the shiit they created for themselves. . . .

What exactly is this dude saying?

''Sure the Bible calls out  to unbelievers and sinners, but IF they accept that call, they CEASE  to be unbelievers.''

The slowpoke has clearly stated that the bible calls out to unbelievers and sinners .  does that not contradict his daft claim that''The bible and its quotes are NOT meant for unbelievers''?

Who cares IF they accept the call or not
The relevant issue HERE IS THERE WAS A CALL MADE!

WHO WAS THE CALL/MESSAGE TO REPENT MADE TO in the first place? Answer; Unbelievers/sinners

A BOOK THAT CONTAINS MESSAGES MADE TO SINNERS/UNBELIEVERS CAN IT BE SAID TO NOT BE FOR UNBELIEVERS?? Answer; NO

Why then will an iidiot come claim and proudly so that ''the bible and its quotes are NOT meant for unbelievers''?? Answer; ask Romeo4real
Another idiotic statement. Even in the court of law a witness can be proven to be a liar based on internal inconsistencies in his hitherto suspected fictional testimony. Go figure

Did this noisemaker actually go to school at all??

Try again abeg. . . .
[quote][/quote]
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by nuclearboy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2010
^^ shocked shocked cry

Since you know Tudor's temper, please - just let it go!
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by tpiah: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2010
ok.
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by nuclearboy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2010
^^^

I've directed 2 pleas here - the first was to Tudor! Anyway, forgive me for my "pleas".
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by tpiah: 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^

I've directed 2 pleas here - the first was to Tudor! Anyway, forgive me for my "pleas".

oh, sorry.

i didnt notice you were the same person responding to tudor.

i apologize- i thought it was just someone jumping in as people are wont to do here.

alright- i've exited the thread.
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by Image123(m): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2010
You can't teach a dog to fly. He needs a CONVERSION.
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by olutboy1: 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2010
it is nice that u displayed ur ignorance vedaxcool that was the old testament and i dscovered that u are just like one who went through a palace blindfolded but hearing noises and saying the place is a club house or a market u can't understand the bible without the holy spirit
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by ice234: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2010
hope u know wat rape is. if u know why should a religion condone rape
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by Tudor6(f): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2010
tpiah:

oh, sorry.

i didnt notice you were the same person responding to tudor.

i apologize- i thought it was just someone jumping in as people are wont to do here.

alright- i've exited the thread.
Bye bye. . .make sure you shut the door behind you
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by 5solas(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2010
@Vedaxcool.

I wonder where you got your notion of morality.
Re: Why Would Any Religion Condones R*a*p*e. by vedaxcool(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2010
Typical of xtains rather than address the issue at hand they involve themselves in noise making and empty thinking. As for those that say all the verses are in the old testament I want you to know that jesus quoted a lot from the old testament and hence you can never separate the "old testament" from the "new" cause it has been a part and parcel of Christianity.

(1) (Reply)

Satan’s Final Destination / Which Christian Denomination Do You Belong To? / Working On Your Believing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.