Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. (45218 Views)

FGC Kwali Directs Parents To Evacuate Wards Over Fear Of Terror Attack / UNIBEN Students Express High Displeasure Towards VC On N20,000 Late Payment Fee / Yahaya Nuhu Aliyu Beaten To Death By Teacher At FGC Kwali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by phranq30(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2018
columbus007:
its that all?common clean or wipe out this nonsense forever and put notable nigerians there,how can she be made a national heroin for making just common claypot,this country self!what happened to Dora akinyilli?cant they put her there?foolhardy.
Dora Akunyili should be put on the 20 Naira note. Dear Nigerians, what brand of marijuana do we produce these days?

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 29, 2018
Real Gbagyi woman.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Theory2022: 8:52am On Sep 29, 2018
EnglishUsa:
Now I know the reason 20naira is always clean and neat because Na awusa person de inside but because they normally tear people apart that is the reason you will never see 20 naira without part been tour to pieces you know naa (boko Haram). but go to hundred naira you know the person wey de there naa (pig) you know as hundred naira be naa, if you know you know shocked grin
lipsrsealed your coment self lipsrsealed just de as e be lipsrsealed n0 gain our attenti0n, cuz e no make sense

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by excomarow(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2018
davodyguy:
those days, Hausa people were enlightened, not now with Almajiris

Who told you she is hausa
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by urahara(m): 9:03am On Sep 29, 2018
EnglishUsa:
Now I know the reason 20naira is always clean and neat because Na awusa person de inside but because they normally tear people apart that is the reason you will never see 20 naira without part been tour to pieces you know naa (boko Haram). but go to hundred naira you know the person wey de there naa (pig) you know as hundred naira be naa, if you know you know shocked grin

What trash are you saying ?

How the Bleep is ladi kwali even hausa
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Tenny05(m): 9:07am On Sep 29, 2018
Can we just go back to the old time way? cool
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Gkemz: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2018
She's a legend. Thirty years after, she's still being remembered unlike the pepe dem gang slay mamas (women of easy virtue) who can only give a fvck because that's all they got to offer.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by QuestionMark910: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2018
davodyguy:
Ladi Kwali is not Hausa
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by LordofNaija: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2018
czarina:
waiting for Nairaland males to coman say
"this is the real Slayqueen" cheesy

check my profile if you live in Jos
I live in Jos but I have a question for this your masseuse advert. I go just lie down for you to massage abi we go massage each other?
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by mechanics(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2018
czarina:
waiting for Nairaland males to coman say "this is the real Slayqueen" cheesy

check my profile if you live in Jos
funny u.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by rectitude(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2018
She was one of the influential women then who was known for her God's given talent of turning ordinary clay into something of beauty and class, one of the leading force amongst the Gbagyi tribe of the FCT Abuja.
Her legacy lives on...
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by sanusikebbe(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2018
RIP Ladi Kwali
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:34am On Sep 29, 2018
daewoorazer:
Ladi Dosei Kwali (1925-1984).

Born in Kwali village in Gwari, a Nothern region of Nigeria (FCT), until her death was a female potter because pottery was an indigenous female tradition in Kwali.

She received numerous awards which includes:

MBE: Member of the order of the British Empire (1962)

Honorary degree by ABU Zaria (1977)

NNOM: Nigerian National order of Merit Award (1980)

OON: Order of the Niger (1981)

Also a street is named after her in Abuja: Ladi Kwali road;

Also, Sheraton Hotel names their convention center after her.

Source:
https://naijacomet.com/2018/09/28/meet-ladi-dosei-kwali-the-woman-whose-portrait-is-on-n20-note/

MBE in 1962 and OON in 1981, 19 years later.

Yet politicians are getting GCON for stealing.

E don tay wey Naija don bend.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by bigpicture001: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2018
I guess her grand children are all slay Queens now
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Chochovini: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2018
moscobabs:
Bro wic time u leave Yabaleft or you don bite your doctor again?
. LOLsss...Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by NiggasInParis: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2018
True heros!

Reminds me of my Granny...
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by godliman: 10:13am On Sep 29, 2018
columbus007:
its that all?common clean or wipe out this nonsense forever and put notable nigerians there,how can she be made a national heroin for making just common claypot,this country self!what happened to Dora akinyilli?cant they put her there?foolhardy.
what do you say of Fumilayo ransom kuti.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by mysteryman2014: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2018
JezCalMeJay:

Chill, everybody is the hero of their story, it's about Ladi not Nigerian women Haba, YTK

True, she deserves all the accolades. She made pots without potter's wheel. Everyday individuals that are exceptional should be appreciated, that is how to build society that honours hard work, not the kind we have in Nigeria today where mediocrity reigns.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by columbus007(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2018
godliman:
what do you say of Fumilayo ransom kuti.
that again.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by blazeee: 10:45am On Sep 29, 2018
Na so them take dube her off her talent......
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by thedondada(m): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2018
otunde527:
2years ago I still saw this on nairaland front-page

Old news

This news I've seen on front page more than 4 times now.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by ajaymina(m): 10:56am On Sep 29, 2018
coolebux:
This mama also deserves some accolades for dual-carriage grin grin

Accolades fire!!!

As if you no de see d negative result on her chest.

Mtcheeeeeew.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Emytini(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2018
inforesource:
That's when value, integrity, hard work and moral values were being rewarded. How did we get here?

How can someone do so well like this and I will not honour her? I don't care which tribe you come from, neither North nor South. When you do nature well, the nature will reference you.
Now we reward BBM & mis cucuba

Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by TEYA: 11:33am On Sep 29, 2018
EnglishUsa:
Lad I Kwali is gbagyi and not Hausa, the two languages are in no way similar.
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by darichlife: 11:51am On Sep 29, 2018
This white slave masters brought us nothing but confusion and corruption. This is a renowned potter from far across the seas when technology was nowhere to be found.

Education in Africa is a Scam and a Fraud
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Fitbillionairep: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2018
and th 20 naira note is already extinct. i swear since i returned to nigeria. i have not seen 20 naira. the least i see is 50 naira. her family needs to be appreciated with good cash
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Curry30: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2018
Virtuous woman who took pride in her craft and the world honoured her.

Girls of today... paint face, fix every every, lazy about, hop from diick to diick and cry foul on twitter.

Yeye!
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by inforesource: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
We as a people have to redirect our focus. There is an urgent need to reverse the trend.
Emytini:
Now we reward BBM & mis cucuba
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by allytinted: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
Hard work pays
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
coolebux:
This mama also deserves some accolades for dual-carriage grin grin

that's why she has nothing to feed them on her chest
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2018
davodyguy:
You just so dumb and stupid
Kwali is not Hausa. Its Gbayi and its in the article. Why wont you have 3rd class
Re: Meet Ladi Kwali: The Woman Whose Portrait Is On N20 Note. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Is she dead? Love to meet her
Learn to read before commenting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Final Year Student Of UNIZIK Dies From Malaria As Friends Mourn. Photos / JAMB's Snake: Nigerian Student Disgraced Abroad / Sokoto Girl Leads With Highest Score As FG Releases NCEE Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.