Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? (1542 Views)

Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner / The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) / ABU Medical School Graduating Doctors - Breathtaking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by stillondmatter: 3:21am On Sep 30, 2018
Medical students with the prospect of practicing abroad, especially those in their penultimate,finals and fresh graduates, wish to drink from your cup of wisdom and knowledge regarding how you were able to source funds for your preferred international exams( PLAB,USMLE and others) and how many years(post internship) it took you to achieve your dream of practicing abroad.

Those in the process of writing the exams can also share helpful tips with us.

PLEASE TELL US THE TRUE NATURE OF REALITY .

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by marshalldgreat(m): 6:16am On Sep 30, 2018
Let me sit here
Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by GdexFolami(m): 8:22am On Sep 30, 2018
Okay!
Following smiley
Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by sainty2k3(m): 8:31am On Sep 30, 2018
The way I see it. All that is needed is to be focused. Don't start living large on top HJ money. See your early incomes has a seed to your future. You will need time , the best time will be during NYSC but try to steal as much time as you can during HJ
All the best

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by stillondmatter: 8:59am On Sep 30, 2018
sainty2k3:
The way I see it. All that is needed is to be focused. Don't start living large on top HJ money. See your early incomes has a seed to your future. All the best

Sir, I agree with you on this point but some medicos have parent and enough siblings to tend to after graduation. And that alone requires money.

So what can anyone do in a situation like this?
Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by SarakiBukola: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2018
stillondmatter:

Sir, I agree with you on this point but some medicos have parent and enough siblings to tend to after graduation. And that alone requires money.

I would sound very harsh but here goes...

I have siblings who are Drs. 2 are also married to Drs.

You have to get rid of that African entitlement mentality. You can maybe help your parents if handicapped/ retirees but it's not by force to be giving monthly salaries to those working.

Empower your siblings by giving money for tuition/business.

One-off payments are okay....monthly deductions would sink you faster than you blink.

I know someone on a 970k monthly salary who still scrapes by because of his "generosity"

To be frank, i really felt you were a fake medical student when you were asking how to source for money for PLAB.

What answers did you expect? Money rituals or illegal abortions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
Following
Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by sainty2k3(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
stillondmatter:

U let those that are important know your plan. It is for a greater gain for them too.
For the rest, my friend focus on your life first, if you satisfy them at the expense of your own goal . you owe no one o

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by stillondmatter: 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
sainty2k3:

U let those that are important know your plan. It is for a greater gain for them too.
For the rest, my friend focus on your life first, if you satisfy them at the expense of your own goal . you owe no one o

This is an eye opener. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by stillondmatter: 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
[quote author=SarakiBukola post=71654950]

You have to get rid of that African entitlement mentality. You can maybe help your parents if handicapped/ retirees but it's not by force to be giving monthly salaries to those working.

One-off payments are okay....monthly deductions would sink you faster than you blink.

I know someone on a 970k monthly salary who still scrapes by because of his "generosity"

To be frank, i really felt you were a fake medical student when you were asking how to source for money for PLAB.

[/quote

Thanks for ypur contribution.
Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by Martinez19(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
SarakiBukola:

970k monthly and still scrapes? Chai! If one doesn't draw his boundaries, people will use one mercilessly and they don't care if you don't have enough.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by SarakiBukola: 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
Martinez19:
970k monthly and still scrapes? Chai! If one doesn't draw his boundaries, people will use one mercilessly and they don't care if you don't have enough.

grin

I swear. Oyinbo no send you. I remember reading about Bell of Celtics crying about his sister who died in a car accident.

He was a NBA star earning at least $5million dollars annually (likely higher because he was an established star).guess what car this sister was using? A 1998 Camry- the one we call the Pencil.

A brand new Camry would cost like $22,000. That's extreme i know but Oyinbo no send you
Re: Medical Doctors ,how Did You Do It? by Martinez19(m): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
SarakiBukola:

grin

I swear. Oyinbo no send you. I remember reading about Bell of Celtics crying about his sister who died in a car accident.

He was a NBA star earning at least $5million dollars...guess what car this sister was using? A 1998 Camry- the one we call the Pencil.

A brand new Camry would cost like $22,000. That's extreme i know but Oyinbo no send you
Of course nah. Even oyinbos can suck you dry if care is not taken.

(1) (Reply)

WAEC 2019 Physics Practical Specimen Questions And Answers / Uniport Anthem / NUC Orders Universities To Conclude Resumption Arrangements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.