Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

One Oba One Wife! Some Traditions Belong To The Dark Ages - Oba Adewunmi Fasiku - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / One Oba One Wife! Some Traditions Belong To The Dark Ages - Oba Adewunmi Fasiku (551 Views)

The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State / 7 Interesting Wedding Traditions That Are Peculiar To Different Countries / 7 Traditions That Are Peculiar To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Oba One Wife! Some Traditions Belong To The Dark Ages - Oba Adewunmi Fasiku by kemzy036: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2018
The Elekole of Ikole-Ekiti, paramount ruler of Egbeoba Kingdom, Oba Adewunmi Fasiku, Aladesekole I, has said that some cultures are dirty and should be stopped.

Oba Fasiku specifically mentioned the inheriting of wives as one of the traditions that belonged to the dark ages.

The monarch, who spoke in Punch Interview, said times have changed so much that having several wives was no longer worth it.

He said:

I have told you that things are changing. Even in those days, our fathers who were not kings had several wives because of the situation at that time. Then, wives were taken to the farms, and the kings then had so many wives.

What is the essence of marrying so many wives? If you are a 60-year-old man and you still have new children, how will you train them? And if you want to have peace of mind, why would you have so many wives? You will never have peace. I thank God that when I was being interviewed for this position, nobody spoke to me about marrying more wives. So this is the trend in the country- one Oba, one wife, if you want to enjoy yourself.

On the inheriting of wives, the monarch said,

Those are the dark days. How can you inherit the wife of your father or an Oba? It is very dirty, it is a dirty habit. There are traditions that are bad and those habits should be taken away.

There is where if man wants to marry a woman, he will be stripped naked and beaten to show that he is capable or strong enough to control a woman. Does that make sense? Is that what he needs to have a wife? What he needs for marriage is maturity, education and experience.
http://www.nairafame.com/2018/09/one-oba-one-wife-some-traditions-are.html

Re: One Oba One Wife! Some Traditions Belong To The Dark Ages - Oba Adewunmi Fasiku by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
Una sit down for Yoruba land dae change Toto still dae collect south south oil money. God go open una files. Jobless goats.

(1) (Reply)

Ikoyi Club 1938 Pictures / Yoruba Ladies, Come In Now. / Mournful Poem For An Achiever, Late Alhaji Shehu Shagari- Basheer Adamu Gobir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.