Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? (4173 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / Are Extra Lessons Really Necessary For School Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by june84(f): 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2007
Extra marital affair, why is it very common among married men? why can\t men get married and stay faithfull to their spouses? must every married man cheat on his wife? infact this questions drive me crazy! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by cuteass1(f): 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2007
My dear, i wonder that many atimes too ooh, but i don't think we should say every, because even though the good ones are very rare, they sure should be given some credit

so lets say some, i guess they're cut up in the "don't want to be eating the same soup every day" good-for-nothing theory, the selfish part of it is the fact that they wouldn't want their wives to taste some other "types of mango" lol.

i sometimes wonder what it is with men and things on skirt, because immediately one comes passing by, all their self-control and self-respect flys right out the window *sighs* guess its true what they say that God gave each man a brain abd a p^nis, but not the ability to use both at the same time

its sad, but there's actually very little that can be done, one solution that helps many is being more sexually creative and productive because a p^ssy will always be a p^ssy, but the variety is sure something wink. and some say they loose their wives after child-birth because she gets so wrapped up in the baby(ies) that she looses her woman touch, That should nit be the case, always try tolook your best for your man. Nothing more alluring than a wife who looks sexy. To some points, its not all the men's fault ooh. Some women need to buckle up.

Some keep claiming "tired" hence denying their men sex, that can also drive the man to the street. Thats where family patnership steps in because if both help each other then i don't think the wife woild have cause to be so exhausted sad

Hope to the stars that you'll get someone who appreciates you enough to want you and you alone and thinks you're woman enough to satisfy him in every way that matters.

Some of these men love their wives its just their "thingy" that won't respect itself lol
I remeber a woman that was advicing a friend whose husband was cheating,and she was like -"how many men doesn't, my dear wipe your tears, its not whether he's cheating that matters but at the end of the day whether he's taking good care of you. If yes, then you have no problem"

I hope to God ¨that it won't be my potion in Jesus name, amen cheesy
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by june84(f): 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2007
@ cute-ass

Amen my dear smiley
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by whiteboy(m): 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2007
You know what?
Only a married man can answer this question so I think its best you ask one. And what about married women? grin hmm?

Peace!
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by Seun(m): 1:46am On Apr 09, 2007
Moved to family section
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by Busta(f): 2:43am On Apr 09, 2007
I guess not.

becos it cannot be controlled and men that engage in such are simply dogs.
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by cuteass1(f): 3:00am On Apr 09, 2007
june84:

@ cute-ass

Amen my dear smiley

lol Amen ooooo kiss
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by trinigirl1(f): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2007
Most times the reason a married man has an affair has nothing to do with sex initially.  There are varying cirumstances that may exist in his marriage:-

1.  Lack of communication
2.  Inability to resolve recurrent issues with his wife
3.  The husband has chosen to develop himself, whether it be spiritually, academically etc,
but the woman is just content  being "wifey", and her entire identity is wrapped up in him and the marriage

3.5 He feels trapped, frustrated and bored with her.
4.  Lack of romance
5.  Somehow, someone's needs are not being met
6.  Frustration with his life, be it financial or physical
7.  Nagging, clingy, overbearing wife
8.  The wife's unwillingness to change
9.  The wife lets herself go physically and thinks she's won the prize so she can relax
10.  Differences in spiritual convictions

There are men who simply marry to have a wife at home to cook and bear his children while they continue to chase skirts.  But the "good" man can also have affairs when they meet a woman who:-

1.  Reminds them of what they love in a woman
2.  They can talk to and confide in and the woman just seems to "get them" sincerely ie a friend
3.  Gives him his space
4.  Does not pressure him to change

Over time this friendship becomes dangerous and the man becomes emotionally attracted to her, then the physical aspect follows.

Women have this delusion that they can change a man when they cannot.

All marriages have problems, but the key is communication, mutual respect, compromise and understanding to make it work.

It helps to understand that even after marriage you are both still individuals and a woman should never lose her identity because she has become "Mrs." Ball and Chain.  Good men admire and respect intelligent women who can hold their own and are not intimdated by a strong woman of God who understands and accepts her role as wife, but also her appreciates her value as woman.
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by Ugwumba(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2007
Maybe some answers from this radio link (please listen to all of it). If you 'don't use the mouth', and are always giving excuses, your man might stray to a 'nikki'. grin grin grin grin grin

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/PHOENIX-AZ/KZZP-FM/snake-dontusethemouth.mp3
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by alabiyemmy(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2007
you will be shocked if men tell you how many married women they have had relationships with while the women remain "happily" married, its both ways, it is as common among married men as it is as common amongst married women - just pray to God you dont marry one of such women.
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by trinigirl1(f): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2007
Ugwumba:

Maybe some answers from this radio link (please listen to all of it). If you 'don't use the mouth', and are always giving excuses, your man might stray to a 'nikki'. grin grin grin grin grin

Lmao! lol!hahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't laughed this hard in months!!!

Use the mouth!! lol!

Wow, thank u so much for this, it's just too funny.
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by saintchux(m): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2007
What is extra marital affairs? Is it only when a married man had sex with another woman either mairried or single and vice versa??
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by osegwu(m): 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2007
Because the single girls will not leave them alone.

They believe they are the one than can give them

enough cash to cool their temper.
Re: Why Are Extra-marital Affairs Common Among Married Men? by eesaah(m): 8:57am On Apr 10, 2007
Ugwumba:

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/PHOENIX-AZ/KZZP-FM/snake-dontusethemouth.mp3

hahahaha. dis is really funny! hahahaha. wives pls use the mouth b4 ur husby goes to nikki

(1) (Reply)

. / Butterfly Sewing Machine For Sale Location Surulere / My Younger Sister No Longer Want To Practice Her Faith....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.