Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

7 Wrong Philosophies You Thought Were True - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Wrong Philosophies You Thought Were True (315 Views)

Run Away From These 8 Philosophies Of Life / What You Thought Was True That Was False. / 8 Wrong Philosophies You Must Resist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Wrong Philosophies You Thought Were True by Legohouse: 12:00am On Oct 02, 2018
The other day, my siblings and I were just discussing and goofing around. It was one of those rainy Saturday morning, and let’s just say we didn’t have anything better to do (just kidding!)

We started talking about some of the philosophies and wise saying we grew hearing as kids that were so untrue. It was quite hilarious because we made fun of our so many childhood memories.

My mum will always say ‘not every things that appears right is right…and I think we can say that about some of these our philosophies in life. That’s why in this article, I will give you 8 wrong philosophies you always thought were true…

Let’s get started…and you are free to have a good laugh at how naïve you were (like I did!)

WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE
Whatever will be will not be…

You have to make it be. You have a part to play in what will be in your life, so don’t leave it to chance. Relegating to fate and chance the job of planning your life is the worst thing you can do to you. We are responsible for our decisions, choice and tomorrow. So you can get rid of this philosophy…because it aint true boo!

HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE
Okay, I know this phrase preaches contentment, humility, bla bla bla… but why settle for half bread when you can get full bread or even own a bakery? You can agree with me that this belief is quite limiting guys.

In fact I heard this phrase for the first time when I was 10 years old. I remember going to our uncle’s house with my cousin when we travelled home for Christmas. It was kind of a Christmas ritual young kids do those days; they go around ‘collecting’ Christmas money from their uncles and aunties. This uncle (a very stingy man) we went to collect from gave us #20 instead of the usual #50 naira others were giving; he sent us home with this very philosophy. It was really funny because he said that to limit our expectation to 20 naira.

You don’t have to settle for half bread. You shouldn’t settle for half bread. Of course you should be content and all that, but that shouldn’t stop you from wanting more and reaching for more. Why settle for very good when excellence is possible?

This is one limiting belief that positions you to settle for less and it is a mediocre philosophy

A FOOL AT FORTY IS A FOOL FOREVER
And here comes another belief you should throw into the trash can…

A fool at any age can be a fool forever if he refuses to let go of his foolishness. There is no age specification for foolishness. The position is open for all applicants!

Again, it is never too late to become wise because the day you wake up and wise up is the day you CHANGE! If you doubt me, look at the stories of people who succeeded after the age 40.

It’s never to start again, and it’s never too late to get your life together. If you fall 100 times, then stand up 101 times!

ALL FINGERS ARE NOT EQUAL
To be honest, I don’t even understand the inspiration behind this philosophy or what the message it carries?

Yes, all fingers are not equal, but it doesn’t make one any less valuable than the other. And besides, who cares about being equal…is anything even equal? What really matters is the value you bring as a person.

LIFE BEGINS AT FORTY
Uhm….if you are below forty and you believe this, I feel so sorry for you because it means you are not yet alive. And if you know the contact address of the philosopher behind this philosophy, be so kind to share in the comment section. I would love to understand how he reasons!

Thanks in advance…

HE WHO LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS BEST
Forgive me; I didn’t know laughing is now a competition. And besides why laugh last when you can laugh always? Laughter is free guys!

Laugh. Be happy…and don’t worry about who laughed first and who is laughing last…

THE PATIENT DOG EATS THE FATTEST BONE
Uhmmmmmmmmmm….my question is ‘in which country and generation is this philosophy applicable’? Because I no say e no go work for Naija!

My brother, the patient dog won’t even see biscuit bone to eat. No siddon one corner dey wait for when e go reach your turn ooo. Opportunities wait for no man. Always be prepared and ready to grab hold of opportunities.

What is your own is not your own ooooo…if you siddon for chair, your own will soon become another person’s own. You must GO for your dreams…

Re: 7 Wrong Philosophies You Thought Were True by OneStep3: 12:01am On Oct 02, 2018
Re: 7 Wrong Philosophies You Thought Were True by fykes(m): 12:19am On Oct 02, 2018
Good... But there is a God who controls the affairs of men.
"those who wait on their God, will mount up with wings like eagles. "

The question is "whose report will you believe ?"

(1) (Reply)

Trump Threatens To Punish Saudi-arabia Over Khashoggi’s Disappearance / US Ambassador Billed For Hubert Humphrey Association Seminar In Lagos / Nigerian Workers Are Pleased With A New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.