Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Have You Ever Been Stereotyped Because Your African? - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Have You Ever Been Stereotyped Because Your African? (1102 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Stereotyped Because Your African? by morayo15(f): 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2007
some ignorant people think that african girls walk around
naked all the time and we have no electricity
or running water. angry angry sad sad I agree that
Nigeria is bad but I
don't think its as bad as people make it to be. cry cry cry

I would like to know of some of the things that have been said to you guys about our motherland
Re: Have You Ever Been Stereotyped Because Your African? by HUSH2(m): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2007
Those comments only make me amused cos u & i know the truth anyway so
Re: Have You Ever Been Stereotyped Because Your African? by chiogo(f): 1:20am On Apr 06, 2007
hmmmm, people in america here talk a lot of trash about africa. They think we eat wit our hands always,They don't think we got TV in africa or books like my geometry teacher said she visited south africa last summer and she was tellin' d class how they ain't got textbooks in southafrica and how they don't know how to use d computer and stuff. I kept quiet because dat wasn't my problem, lemme hear them talk about naija, then they would hear my voice. They also think we don't have food in africa, so we're always skinny, like dis skinny girl in my class is obviously worried about her weight,so she asked d teacher if she saw anybody skinnier than her in southafrica but d teacher answered dat she saw different people of different sizes. I was crackin' up inside 'cause dis girl is from Trinidad and they ain't rich over there either. Naija is probably richer than them but they all open their mouth but i won't talk 'cause i didn't hear " Nigeria" from their mouths. A lot of people don't like to annoy me so they be like"chidi lived in d rich part of africa', i lived in lagos for a few years but i just nod.they can't mess wit me, y'know. 'cause i don't care, i can get into it with anybody at anytime. So, they put commas and fullstops when they talk.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stereotyped Because Your African? by iice(f): 3:18am On Apr 06, 2007
They ask you what's Africa like? in the tone that implies Africa is a country rolls eyes
They ask, do you see Lions running around when you look out the window?
Do we live in mud houses?

I tell them, you see your city? yeah our cities look like that except you don't see white people all over the place.
When i was in school, i had to educate my classmates on Nigeria and Africa, and those who read/researched on it
we ended up as friends.

(1) (Reply)

Rate This Guy / Demon Hunter Inferno Farming Guide At Diablo3goldsafe.com / Put Your Brain To Test Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.