Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,569 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) (26102 Views)

Edo Woman & Her SUV Skid Off Muddy Sapele Benin Road, Plunge Into A Ditch / Woman Drives Car Into A Ditch During Thunderstorm In Enugu (photos) / Vehicle Falls Into A Ditch On Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by AutoJoshNG: 11:11am On Oct 02, 2018

A Twitter user with the handle @hand2ome shared his heroic experience when he was traveling from Lagos to Portharcout City. He recounted his ordeals and how he helped save the lives of the occupants (family) in the Toyota 4Runner SUV.

The man behind the wheel lost control and was at the verge of falling inside a big ditch with his family in the SUV; then the good Samaritan intervened. It happened in Ondo State.

Below is the story he shared;

So back in August, I was on my way to PHC from Lagos.. in the front seat of one of the GUO buses.. somewhere before Ore, I saw someone waving frantically from inside this 4runner. I quickly alerted the GUO driver and he stopped. then we all ran back to the spot…apparently, this 4runner skidded off the road and was supposed somersault backwards into a very deep ditch by the roadside.. I still can’t explain what kept it hanging/dangling. it was like a touch of the finger will just topple it into the big hole behind it.

The driver, probably a young man in his mid 30s just kept his foot on the break. he is a hero. I probably would have been so scared looking out the window to see the valley behind me and my foot will tremble uncontrollably. but he held fast and waved frantically.

behind him, there was a woman and two children. first thing we did is take out the children through the window.. then we started waving down trailers.. one Dangote trailer stopped and i dived for the rope underneath it.. no time to check time.. we got two ropes…we quickly tied the ropes accordingly, the trailer tried to move. the ropes both cut.. it was a nervy moment as the suv almost slid off but one rope didn’t cut completely. nervy moment. phewww. remember the man and the woman are still inside. the woman was praying like a warrior

So i ran again and blocked another big truck.. i shouted rope rope rope.. that one now stopped.. and they threw one rope for us.. the mother of all ropes.. that one can lift a house. this 4runner is not just being towed, it was to be pulled because the tires. the entire weight

when the dangote truck began pulling, it was like the 4 runner was goring to rollover as it wasn’t a straight pull. remember there wasn’t enough space to pull straight. but God in his infinite mercies.. the jeep was out and it’s occupants safe. oh God was I relieved?

One thing that struck me was how I forgot that I had a phone during the whole rescue activity. I was all dirty from handling big ropes and going under the truck to tie them. I was so involved that I didn’t even remember that there is something called pictures.

it was when we got back in the bus that someone now mentioned pictures. eventually I collected these two pictures via whatsapp from one of my co-travelers. I really felt very useful. remember to drive safe guys. remember to help anyway you can when you can.

Big shout out to the GUO driver “sorry I can’t recall his name” who stopped instantly and took part in the rescue process as well. also was really impressed by the Dangote trailer driver, we hear a lot of bad reports but hey.. good reports abound too. blessed.

https://autojosh.com/man-shares-saved-helpless-family-falling-ditch-car/

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Babyforever(f): 11:21am On Oct 02, 2018
Awwwwww it's so emotional GOD IS GREAT cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by ITbomb(m): 11:23am On Oct 02, 2018
The guy is really lucky, if it were me....

9 Likes

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
grin
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Shortyy(f): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
ITbomb:

You're heartless

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by tobtap: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ok
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by ngwababe(f): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2018
Kudos bro
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2018
And Ambode has already fallen off a political cliff

Can you rescue him too

1 Like

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Labeebhabiby(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
may God rescue u from hard times too bro

15 Likes

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by TheOdd1sOut: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
That man should be given a medal.

If it were Nigeria, they would just ignore him

1 Like

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by OKOATA(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
Good Gesture, May Grace and Goodness fall on the kind hearted man

2 Likes

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by larrywax: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2018
Thank you for been a life saver grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by wizedomain(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2018
Dope...More of guys like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by dan900(m): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2018
nice one. great gesture from him. we should love each other . this is great

If you want to start earning up to N4k daily from empty carton biz from anywhere. Holla me NOW. Check my signature for contact. It is so sweet.

2 Likes

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by ojuikwu: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2018
hope is true.because i dont believed flat.head,story.but u sure say u know.hid.somthing,there..
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2018
God of mercy. We thank God for using the guy.
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Yankee101: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2018
You're all heros boy

1 Like

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Kaycee9242(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
Chai u are really a God sent, may he reward u all accordingly
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by ojuikwu: 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
ojuikwu:
hope is true.because i dont believed flat.head,story.but u sure say u know.hid.somthing,there..
na me talk am ojuikwu.trust flat.head.at.ur.own.peril.
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
The man and his family should go to Church and thank God
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Hibiscuss(m): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
Wow
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by HealthDragon: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
wink
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
Thank God
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
He deserves a Medal of Honor
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
The SUV must be running over 100km/hr.

Thank God for their lifes
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by rentAcock(m): 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
I saw this movie too, the Rock was in it.
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by hustla(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
TheOdd1sOut:
That man should be given a medal.

If it were Nigeria, they would just ignore him

lipsrsealed
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2018
At that moment I'm sure it didn't occur to anyone to ascertain the tribes of one another before helping or calling for help.

The probably Igbo man, saw a family, probably Yoruba, in great danger and calls truck drivers, two of them, probably Hausas or northerners for assistance and together lives were saved.

#sigh

Moral of the story?

Nigeria can be great, will be great only if we all team up together regardless of tribe or religion.

But Nairaland children are always hunting for likes to the detriment of their souls.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by sevo(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
hustla:

lipsrsealed

And a
Re: Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) by Fahrenz: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2018
ITbomb:
may you be in that situation one day

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Shuns Nigeria, Okays Tourist Visas For 49 Countries / Images From My Brief Visit To The LA Zoo. / United Airlines Flight Lands With Engine On Fire At Denver Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.