Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help (31782 Views)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / Help, This Gerd Is Draining / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2018
For more than a month I've been having this feelings like something is stocked in my throat

When I checked Google this what I got.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17019-gerd-or-acid-reflux-or-heartburn-overview&ved=2ahUKEwjRtNaM2ujdAhUqCsAKHZ81AfgQFjABegQICxAE&usg=AOvVaw0VHaqVXtQfvCWCzrFBdb6F

I went to lab I complained the doctor said its acid reflux he did series of tests, I had to go for scan also, nothing was discovered, they even took a sample from my throat also, after everything they gave me a syrup medicine like mix Mag, can't remember the name

But up till date I'm still experiencing the same thing, it's even getting worse, once I'm done eating it will start as if all the food i ate are stocked in my throat

Please I need serious advice I'm not comfortable at all

Am sorry for any blunder
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ThisGuyEhn: 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
Get omeprazole 20mg
Take 2 capsules(40mg) at least 1hr before any meal for a max of 3 times a day
When the symptoms stop you can reduce it to one cap before meals.

Reduce intake of spicy(peppery) foods.

After every meal sit up at least two hours before going to bed.

Also try to retch (gag - put you fingers in your throat till you feel like vomitting and let the secretions flow out)

Also, do you get water brash and slow esophageal motilty? ie food take time to get down your stomach
Do you feel full after a small meal?

2 Likes

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by deybholar(f): 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
If you are sure it is GERD, walk into any pharmacy and buy ULSA KIT. It is a drug containing Omeprazole, metronidazole and One other drug which I can't remember now. You would feel instant relief. I used to suffer from GERD with different trial and error drugs till I was lucky enough to meet a doctor who finally prescribed ULSA KIT for me. It's been 4 years now and it has totally disappeared.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
ThisGuyEhn:
Get omeprazole 20mg
Take 2 capsules(40mg) at least 1hr before any meal for a max of 3 times a day
When the symptoms stop you can reduce it to one cap before meals.

Reduce intake of spicy(peppery) foods.

After every meal sit up at least two hours before going to bed.

Also try to retch (gag - put you fingers in your throat till you feel like vomitting and let the secretions flow out)

Also, do you get water brash and slow esophageal motilty? ie food take time to get down your stomach
Do you feel full after a small meal?

I don't feel full after small meal sir

Please what is water brash
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
deybholar:
If you are sure it is GERD, walk into any pharmacy and buy ULSA KIT. It is a drug containing Omeprazole, metronidazole and One other drug which I can't remember now. You would feel instant relief. I used to suffer from GERD with different trial and error drugs till I was lucky enough to meet a doctor who finally prescribed ULSA KIT for me. It's been 4 years now and it has totally disappeared.

Wow
Yes I'm very sure it's GERD

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Adalassy: 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
There is a cure for your GERD.

I am an alternative medicine practitioner in Ghana and I can help you get cured of it.

Adamslaseio@gmail.com is my email.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ThisGuyEhn: 11:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
Excessive salivation, having to spit out more than normal, drooling.
Do you feel food move slower than normal through your throat?
Kingwizzy16:

I don't feel full after small meal sir

Please what is water brash
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 03, 2018
ThisGuyEhn:
Excessive salivation, having to spit out more than normal, drooling.
Do you feel food move slower than normal through your throat?

No sir I don't feel such I eat Normal
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2018
Op I am suffering same thing now, was at the hospital 2 day ago, having series of heartburn, like something is stuck in my throat.. doctor gave me omeprazole and gavicon
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Adalassy: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2018
ugomnaanny:
Op I am suffering same thing now, was at the hospital 2 day ago, having series of heartburn, like something is stuck in my throat.. doctor gave me omeprazole and gavicon

Omeprazole and gavicon are suppressants and not a cure for it.

What you need is a cure. Omeprazole will not stop it from coming back and causing you serious discomfort and pain.

As an alternative medicine practitioner in Ghana, I offer you a cure.

Adamslaseio@gmail.com is my email

Cc kingwizzy16
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
Adalassy:

Omeprazole and gavicon are suppressants and not a cure for it.

What you need is a cure. Omeprazole will not stop it from coming back and causing you serious discomfort and pain.

As an alternative medicine practitioner in Ghana, I offer you a cure.

Adamslaseio@gmail.com is my email

Cc kingwizzy16

The cure doesn't have name sir?

I'm not in Ghana and I'm not ready for upfront payment stuffs

5 Likes

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
ugomnaanny:

I took that gavicon it ain't working

Today I bought ulsakit and gascol
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Adalassy: 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

The cure doesn't have name sir?

I'm not in Ghana and I'm not ready for upfront payment stuffs

I deliver anywhere. This is why we have ems via ghanapost or your bus companies here in Ghana. I use either one when delivering my remedies to Nigerians as well as people of other nationalities.

I offer a pay before service transaction which is standard.

None of my patients have had any cause to regret using my services.

The cure is a herbal remedy of my making. If you wish not to go with my option, its your choice.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Talibanis: 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2018
Some peeps will just be walking around with undiagnosed Oesophageal Carcinoma and be claiming another diagnosis without indepth proper and adequate evaluation. Then be seeking medical help on Nairaland! Hailings. undecided
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

I took that gavicon it ain't working

Today I bought ulsakit and gascol
Is the ULSA KIT working?
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
ugomnaanny:

Is the ULSA KIT working?

I don't think so
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
Started taking mine this morning, let me watch it

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Talibanis:
Some peeps will just be walking around with undiagnosed Oesophageal Carcinoma and be claiming another diagnosis without indepth proper and adequate evaluation. Then be seeking medical help on Nairaland! Hailings. undecided

Your post indicate who you are. A Typical Nigerian Doctor.
You just suggested this guys have because they complained about their symptoms.
You were too daft to notice he said he's been to the hospital. The problem is the lazy set of doctors and medics like you we have in Nigeria. The only diagnosis you know how to make is typhoid and malaria.
I presented at the hospital countless times with my symptoms and not for once did any of the quake doctors figure I was talking about Gerd until I went to the internet myself to figure it out and then went for an endoscopy.
Shamefully most of the doctors don't even know what gerd is.

Again shame on you for your reckless post.
You're not immune from cancer yourself.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
My advice is Gerd is a diet related disease. Read up all you can about it. Lots of useful materials online.
Monitor the way your body responds to every food you eat and minimize or eliminate those that trouble you.

For starters, stay away as much as you can from oranges, lemon, ginger, fried and roasted grandnut, cashew nut.

Limit intake of fried stuffs, consume fewer quantity of food at a time, eat semo or amala instead of eba. Eat at least 2 hours before sleep.

This are the few I can share. They've worked for me.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

I don't think so

Lol.. You started taking Ulsa kit on the 3rd and today is the 7th, calm down. ULSA KIT is supposed to work because it contains the combination of drugs you need (a Proton Pump inhibitor and 2 different classes of antibiotics).
Also follow the instructions of your doctor /pharmacist with respect to the drug, don't take any foods or other drugs that will interact with the drug, know when to take it and the duration of treatment (how long to take)
You should bee In contact with your doctor /pharmacist so they can monitor your progress.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
deybholar:
the other drug is Clarithromycin
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Talibanis: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
BENARI:

Your post indicate who you are. A Typical Nigerian Doctor.
You just suggested this guys have because they complained about their symptoms.
You were too daft to notice he said he's been to the hospital. The problem is the lazy set of doctors and medics like you we have in Nigeria. The only diagnosis you know how to make is typhoid and malaria.
I presented at the hospital countless times with my symptoms and not for once did any of the quake doctors figure I was talking about Gerd until I went to the internet myself to figure it out and then went for an endoscopy.
Shamefully most of the doctors don't even know what gerd is.

Again shame on you for your reckless post.
You're not immune from cancer yourself.
Awww.....e pained u so much to hear the truth. Don't read out of context bruv. Release urself.

Only endoscopic findings will clearly Confirm u if u have GERD or it's relatives after a careful symptomatic evaluation. U can't just say u have GERD by going to the internet to analyse ur symptoms. We have had patients who presents late with Oesophageal carcinoma thinking all along they were having dysphagia or symptoms of GERD. Don't throw ur life away throwing dice on the internet. Sure some doctors might get the wrong diagnosis the first time. Reasons being multifactorial. If proper evaluation isn't sticked to. Some patients do decline further investigations as seen by the typical 9ja mentality displayed by some of ur peeps.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by BENARI: 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
Talibanis:

Awww.....e pained u so much to hear the truth. Don't read out of context bruv. Release urself.

Only endoscopic findings will clearly Confirm u if u have GERD or it's relatives after a careful symptomatic evaluation. U can't just say u have GERD by going to the internet to analyse ur symptoms. We have had patients who presents late with Oesophageal carcinoma thinking all along they were having dysphagia or symptoms of GERD. Don't throw ur life away throwing dice on the internet. Sure some doctors might get the wrong diagnosis the first time. Reasons being multifactorial. If proper evaluation isn't sticked to. Some patients do decline further investigations as seen by the typical 9ja mentality displayed by some of ur peeps.

You made a lot of sense. My only problem was the casual way you suggested cancer was the likely cause of their problem. That suggestion was just to crude to throw to a patient in need of help.

Suggesting they do an endoscopy would have been pointing them in the right direction than how you did.

Are you a Gastroenterologist?

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by frozen70(f): 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
I experience same and got same symptoms

Having been to hospital and test it was related to ulcer

But then, I sorted my way out

Eat little food if you can

Get GAVISCON SYRUP from a good pharmacy its about 1500 take it once you notice it, and you will be relieved

Eat more of vegetables and fruits, get to identify foods that causes it, its either you avoid those foods or you tate the GAVISCON immediately after meals

If that's too expensive get any antacide syrups or tablet like targament

It always comes and go but not really often
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
I eat little food now and also eat 4hrs b4 I go to bed, I eat more of vegetables now also blend cabbage, carrot and cucumber extract the juice and drink it's been helpful so far.

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
Talibanis:
thank u, I wish u what u wish others

2 Likes

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
BENARI:
My advice is Gerd is a diet related disease. Read up all you can about it. Lots of useful materials online.
Monitor the way your body responds to every food you eat and minimize or eliminate those that trouble you.

For starters, stay away as much as you can from oranges, lemon, ginger, fried and roasted grandnut, cashew nut.

Limit intake of fried stuffs, consume fewer quantity of food at a time, eat semo or amala instead of eba. Eat at least 2 hours before sleep.

This are the few I can share. They've worked for me.
thanks a lot I appreciate

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Talibanis: 12:08am On Oct 08, 2018
ugomnaanny:
thank u, I wish u what u wish others
Hey fat turd, I didn't wish anyone anything but only stating clear facts. I guess u didn't understand my post because of ur douche status. angry
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by ugomnaanny: 5:44am On Oct 08, 2018
Talibanis:

Hey fat turd, I didn't wish anyone anything but only stating clear facts. I guess u didn't understand my post because of ur douche status. angry
I don't blame, If u want to advice someone do it the right way rather than the way u did up here. May u not have any reason to panic ijn amen

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by deybholar(f): 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

I don't think so

Do you feel better now? If not, I suggest you ask your doctor to test you for tonsillitis / uvulitis. Uvulitis is another major cause of feeling like something is stuck in your throat. Get well soon.
Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
deybholar:

Do you feel better now? If not, I suggest you ask your doctor to test you for tonsillitis / uvulitis. Uvulitis is another major cause of feeling like something is stuck in your throat. Get well soon.

I'm almost done with the ulsakit it remains 2 searchet but I'm not seeing any sign at all

I've not been to hospital actually I only went to lab and I saw a pharmacist

This time I will visit a hospital

1 Like

Re: GERD Is Really Dealing With Me Help by elijah101(m): 12:38am On Oct 09, 2018
Bros ... na hypochondriac Dey worry you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

7 Medical Myths That Even Doctors Believe / Dead Body Abandoned By Pedestrian Bridge In Abuja / Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.