Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Time For Hayatou To Go - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Time For Hayatou To Go (584 Views)

Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. / Issa Hayatou Named FIFA Acting President / CAF President, Issa Hayatou To Resign After This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time For Hayatou To Go by lipuka(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2010
Hayatou has been at the helm of CAF for the last 20 years. You would have expected him to have taken steps to strengthen the African Premier leagues, But he has not. Africa still continues to rely on the European leagues to produce world-class players. Africa did not do well at the World Cup, held for the first time in Africa, mainly because of the weakness of the leagues in Africa.

Until the premier leagues in Africa become stronger, Africa will continue to be described as a developing continent with potential and talent, produce individual brilliant players, but will never win the World Cup, whether in Africa or anywhere else. It is time Hayatou left the game to some other person with a vision to develop African soccer in Africa, so that it can compete with the best anywhere. Then we will win the World Cup
Re: Time For Hayatou To Go by chidichris(m): 9:19am On Jul 11, 2010
the stupid man like everyother african ruler will like to die on the seat even when the going is bad.
the darkness of our hair represents the darkness of our minds.
our football is going down on daily basis with poor policies and the man refused to go.
the whole world became mad when the same caf organised a competition in angola that cld not provide security for the competitors and turned back to ban a country that lost upto 3 staffs in a gun attack.
the so called caf has been incompetent and as such needs to be disolved.
Re: Time For Hayatou To Go by dominique(f): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2010
after that Togo ban debacle, he should have silently handed over his resignation. he needs to pass the baton over to a successor who has a better vision for African football.
Re: Time For Hayatou To Go by RuuDie(m): 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2010
angry angry angry

What d fc.uk has hayatou got 2 do with d ligues in African countries Is CAF s'posed 2 come & personally supervise what goes on in National ligues what are d national FAs there 4

If d man stays on that CAF presidency sit till he dies, it's simply because of 1 simple but bitter truth. . . . . there are no football administrators out there better than he is!
Re: Time For Hayatou To Go by chelseabmw(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2010
i hate that name HAYATOU angry
Re: Time For Hayatou To Go by lipuka(m): 6:07am On Jul 12, 2010
Yes, he should go. And the CAF leadership has everything to do with African football. It has to plan for the development of football in Africa. And that includes the national leagues. If CAF leadership supports corrtupt football administrators, there will be no good football, but big tummies. I personally thought Johnathan was on the right track. A
Re: Time For Hayatou To Go by medjai(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2010
Hayatou's dethronement is imminent as I hear that SA 2010 Head of LOC, Danny Jordan would be contesting for CAF presidency. Hayatou has fallen out with many FA's following Togo's ban and I think is only someone that is extremely out of his mind that will vote for Hayatou in the coming CAF elections
Re: Time For Hayatou To Go by omar22(m): 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2010
the silly man like everyother african ruler will like to die on the seat even when the going is bad.

Joao Havalange the former FIFA present step down in 1998 and he was there since 1974
Re: Time For Hayatou To Go by lipuka(m): 6:34am On Jul 13, 2010
The sooner he goes, the better

(1) (Reply)

2 Nigerians Now In West Ham / House How Can I Apply For Super Eagle Coach / I Need Help With Soccer Fitness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.