Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,084 members, 7,852,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

The Internet Will Split In Two And One Part Will Be Led By China: Eric Schmidt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Internet Will Split In Two And One Part Will Be Led By China: Eric Schmidt (274 Views)

Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc / How Business And The Internet Will Work In 2020 / The Internet Will Be Shutting Down In The Next 48hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Internet Will Split In Two And One Part Will Be Led By China: Eric Schmidt by ud003: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2018
Eric Schmidt predicts that within the next decade there will be two distinct Internets: one led by the U.S. and the other by China.
—-
“I think the most likely scenario now is not a splintering, but rather a bifurcation into a Chinese-led internet and a non-Chinese internet led by America.
If you look at China, and I was just there, the scale of the companies that are being built, the services being built, the wealth that is being created is phenomenal. Chinese Internet is a greater percentage of the GDP of China, which is a big number, than the same percentage of the US, which is also a big number.
If you think of China as like ‘Oh yeah, they’re good with the Internet,’ you’re missing the point. Globalization means that they get to play too. I think you’re going to see fantastic leadership in products and services from China. There’s a real danger that along with those products and services comes a different leadership regime from government, with censorship, controls, etc.”

for news, tips and info on business, startups, entrepreneur, investment, finance, careers and jobs subscribe to our page www.Facebook.com/biz360plusng
www.biz360plus.com.ng
Re: The Internet Will Split In Two And One Part Will Be Led By China: Eric Schmidt by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 03, 2018
Very informative
Re: The Internet Will Split In Two And One Part Will Be Led By China: Eric Schmidt by youcanmakeit: 11:49am On Oct 03, 2018
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Contact Me For Help In Your School Work / Whø Can Handle Exportation / I Cant Make Payment On Aliexpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.