Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Anonymous University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Anonymous University (234 Views)

Anonymous Warns Elon Musk / School Go Soon Resume, No Forget Wetin U Write for Anonymous / Anonymous Message: Share Your School Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Anonymous University by Only1Leem(m): 11:40pm On Oct 03, 2018
I gained admission into the school as a young bloke, I did the school's post utme and everything expected of me just to be a bonafide student for the university education, so as to have the so called baccalaureate. I was offered the course of my choice and started life in the University.

I attend class and read just for everything to go on as planned. I didn't know the university was far different from my secondary school. I was in class waiting for the lecturer, and just decided to go for a leisurely walk, and suddenly this guy with a battered and bestial face called me.

I answered humbly thinking he wanted to send me on an errand, but no! The psychopath was forcefully asking me for the sum of two thousand naira, threatening me, he said he wanted to use it to get codeine. Fear gripped me instantly as no one was there to rescue me... Welcome to the great school, a school filled with indolent, bone-idle, manipulators, godfathers, braggarts, wasters in the snuff of candle.

A very amazing institution of learning, where we all know the right thing and we still choose to dine and wine with the wrong people, in a wrong environment. How do I define this great institution of learning? Jiggambob! Where do I start this structured set from without making preposterous statements and without enervating people?

Should I start from the ladies roaming the school environment with useless backside, or the guys walking majestically in the school premises with 'swollen arms' and reprehensible hairdos? Can I take you all into the lives of the internet swindlers in my school? Those who see nothing in cybercrimes, moving freely in the school with big and alluring cars.

A school where votes don't count anymore, I witnessed my school's election some weeks ago, and the outcome discouraged me, and most especially the good students seeking good governance, I don't think the result will make these students partake in any political activities of the school, as it was an election rigged unprofessionally. After the tenure of these so called people, all we witness again is èminence grise, and political apathy appears! I have witnessed a lot in this school filled with pokerish and jiggy beings.

The fear of rustication and the fear of being threatened by the 'owners of the school' won't make the students speak out, won't make them challenge the mischief-makers and they just accept everything without saying anything. A student once told me, "Hey cobber, don't ever try to criticize the SUG, or else you won't last long". Wow! I find this bothering, just because the SUG don't know the difference between 'criticizing and pointing out problems' for it to be easily solved.

This is not about animadversion, our legal system in Nigeria is slack truly, and we all know only the wealthy ones get justice. If one doesn't stand against these people who finds solace in committing atrocities, who will? Is it God? Will He come down here to fight for us? It is in my school you'll be standing for hours in the scorching sun just to write exams, and some guys will just enter without the security men questioning them. We are strong students and not poltroons.

A school where the so called yahoo guys will drive in and you'll still be at the gate begging the security men just because you forgot your identity card. They don't 'know' the meaning of equality here, there's nothing like justice here, there's nothing like public opinion here. We only have 'insignificant dictators'.

I think I should rest and I hope everything changes for better. Only the students of this great institution can relate.

Only1Leem✍️�
Re: The Anonymous University by CodeTemplar: 12:14am On Oct 04, 2018
That's part of the preparation for the society out there. It will make you adapt better than those in closed campus systems . . .

(1) (Reply)

You Become What You Believe / Academic Writing Jobs - Assignments And Research / Unizik Admission Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.