Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) (43262 Views)

Talented Nigerian Boy Builds A Duplex Design With Lights And Swimming Pool / Nnadi Chimaobi Michael Builds A Drone In Enugu (Photo, Video) / Umar Yusuf Builds Modern Bicycles To Empower Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2018
Shelloween:
Baby steps... Baby steps...

My Nigeria will be great some day, if I don't see it happen, my children would or their children or their children's children...
But surely, one day, one of my offsprings would look back to this day and wonder how We survived.

I believe in the future.... I won't let the past or present weigh me down.

God bless Nigeria.
I swear i gat buy u one botul bt no get money bt 1 day i remember you. Keep it up.
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by yommen: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2018
Oye0404:
Don't know if one should be happy with this kinda news, primary school pupils build this for fun in advanced countries but its a final year project for a university student in Nigeria,,

Bottom line is we are so lagging behind in every aspect as a country, I almost wept when I saw my father's note he used in the 80s, the topics are practically the same with the same approach. We really need to improve our standards..

You should just shut up! You are too negative! Show us the Primary School pupil that built this in 'advanced' countries. Mind you, you called it 'advanced countries'

To set the records straight, advanced countries own the technology while we import it. They will do it better any day. As a matter of fact self, you wey you get PhD, wey your invention? Go sidon abeg. Me, I'm even tired of lazy but talkative Nigerian childrens.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Slimlord(m): 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
A jss3 student made this in the school I taught

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Godw1n(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2018
Culin:
This is old news na, you guys didn't move it to front page since 2016. It wasn't created by one person o. I'm suprised that the news is not giving credit to the three of them, instead giving credit to the least contributor. They were my classmates, Abdul, Shettimah and sir ATM, ABU U12physics. It's when ATM has finished NYSC and Abdul almost through that nairaland is making it news.
my eldest brother currently a 500lvl student of Abu has informed us and show us the video since 2016
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Oye0404(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2018
yommen:

You should just shut up! You are too negative! Show us the Primary School pupil that built this in 'advanced' countries. Mind you, you called it 'advanced countries'

To set the records straight, advanced countries own the technology while we import it. They will do it better any day. As a matter of fact self, you wey you get PhD, wey your invention? Go sidon abeg. Me, I'm even tired of lazy but talkative Nigerian childrens.

You won't be able to comprehend well if you read with a bitter mind.
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Oye0404(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
MythAngel:

Still, you yet to build anything to show... Of what value have you added... You complain the country is lagging behind yet we yet to see anything coming from you... You just a dormant noise maker who don't appreciate the little people can do ... The reason the country is the way it is, is because of lazy drones like you... You may want to argue with yourself ... Am less concerned

Its a shame you don't understand what you've read. And learn to pass your messages across without insults, you don't know me in person so don't give yourself unnecessary headache.
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by tasteofcash: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
Oye0404:
Don't know if one should be happy with this kinda news, primary school pupils build this for fun in advanced countries but its a final year project for a university student in Nigeria,,

Bottom line is we are so lagging behind in every aspect as a country, I almost wept when I saw my father's note he used in the 80s, the topics are practically the same with the same approach. We really need to improve our standards..
can u build dat? i guess no
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
Lomprico2:

What have you built?
It's not about what anybody has built, final year project is about solving a problem in our society, this project obviously cannot solve any problem in our current society today, anybody can build this toy even u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by tasteofcash: 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
henrydadon:
western world are passed this level.

this is basically a toy for white people child.

it called an RC plane.

high time we stop celebrating mediocrity.
tell us what u hv achieved in ur entire life
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2018
tasteofcash:
Seriously anyone including u can build that, u don't need to go to school for 5yrs to learn how to build a toy plane.
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Oye0404(m): 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
tasteofcash:

Does a caterer build a drone??
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Oye0404(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2018
charliboy654:

Seriously anyone including u can build that, u don't need to go to school for 5yrs to learn how to build a toy plane.

That's the problem bro, most of these things are on YouTube and anyone interested can build it, our tertiary institutions need to do better, i'm a product of the system and I know what's up
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Lomprico2: 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
charliboy654:

It's not about what anybody has built, final year project is about solving a problem in our society, this project obviously cannot solve any problem in our current society today, anybody can build this toy even u.

What did your final year project solve?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by kharmakhazy: 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
they are busy buying form n primaries,go to Delta somebody invent serious one dat brought Channels TV for interview,till today d guy don turn to militant.....no 1 see u
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by naijajobx: 1:01am On Oct 05, 2018
smiley
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by MrGoogle88: 1:18am On Oct 05, 2018
Oye0404:

The truth is anyone can build this, educated or not this is the information age after all, it doesn't make it any less impressive though, with all your education can you make a simple battery from scratch? neither can a great number of the worlds population, even though that information is freely available on the internet sad sad sad....Yes we are lagging behind as a country but please learn to appreciate the little growth that you see...the big countries of today started from shitholes like ours, brotherhood and togetherness made them grow...all this bad belle will get us nowhere... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by elmarshall1(m): 7:19am On Oct 05, 2018
if u cant commend then u sure as hell cant condemn. oloshi enemy of progress
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Oye0404(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2018
MrGoogle88:

The truth is anyone can build this, educated or not this is the information age after all, it doesn't make it any less impressive though, with all your education can you make a simple battery from scratch? neither can a great number of the worlds population, even though that information is freely available on the internet sad sad sad....Yes we are lagging behind as a country but please learn to appreciate the little growth that you see...the big countries of today started from shitholes like ours, brotherhood and togetherness made them grow...all this bad belle will get us nowhere... undecided undecided undecided

This guy is a physics student hence he constructed a drone, do you know my field of study before asking if I cam make a battery?
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 05, 2018
Every invention was made for a particularly different purpose! This is not an invention. What has the RC Plane to offer other than flying for a few distance.
I refuse to commend mediocrity in a hopeless zoo!
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by strenghtt: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2018
charliboy654:

Sorry to come in here, and are u going to provide d fund for the guy to build a drone that can solve problem like that of USA?? pls pls pls pls appreciate this team that built that drone. If they had d opportunity their counterparts have in USA they would had done it better. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by stan4guy6(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2018
Rindo69:

Thank you all! This was basically my thoughts when I saw this. This is a kit put together not fit for a final year project! What problem does it even tackle? It doesn’t carry a sensor so you cannot do anything but fly it! This isn’t baby steps; this is backward steps. Let us stop celebrating mediocrity.
long live my bro more sense to your sense.
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by stan4guy6(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2018
Olalekan76:

Please why can't we try to.appreciate our own, which high school in the western world has built drone, share the news here so we will one is something they built for fun. God will change our orientation about seeing the white as superior to us.
no dey console your self the west pass us like !;:+:":"**¥€^°¥°™×£¶
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2018
Oye0404:

That's the problem bro, most of these things are on YouTube and anyone interested can build it, our tertiary institutions need to do better, i'm a product of the system and I know what's up
Same here
Re: Nigerian Physics Student Builds A Drone, Names It ‘hope For Chibok Girls’,(pix) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
Lomprico2:

What did your final year project solve?
U have no idea, I did a camera based traffic control system, my project supervisor almost frustrated me to death.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Calabar Boy Generates Power From Butter Containers & Damaged Solar Panels (Pics) / Snake Killed In A Poultry Farm In Owerri Today! / Anullar Eclipes Pictured In Osun State By 7:15am Till Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.