Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Cooperate With Divine Purpose In Prayer - 1 Kings 3:5-13; Matthew 6:33 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cooperate With Divine Purpose In Prayer - 1 Kings 3:5-13; Matthew 6:33 (217 Views)

Relationships Can Bring Wealth - 1 Kings 5:1-12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cooperate With Divine Purpose In Prayer - 1 Kings 3:5-13; Matthew 6:33 by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 05, 2018
Today, we will consider the importance of praying in alignment with God’s purpose. Solomon’s prayer in 1 Kings 3 pleased the Lord because Solomon was not celebrating the fact that he defeated his brothers to become king. This prayer pleased God simply because Solomon was not praying that God should give him the neck of his enemies; he wasn’t just doing thanksgiving for becoming king while ignorant of the purpose. He was praying the prayer that will help him fulfil his purpose as the king of Israel and it pleased the Lord.

All that you have become in life is a platform to fulfil divine purpose; labour to find God’s purpose for putting you in that position or blessing you with that ability and cooperate with His purpose. It is not how long you spend fasting and praying as much as how strongly your prayer aligns to the purpose of God; that is what brings the power of God into your life. Many people are looking for methods to succeed in life, but God is a God of principles. Methods change but principles remain constant. God wants you to discover His purpose for your life and walk in it.

When Solomon chose to pray the purpose of God and walked in it, God gave him things that other people were pursuing. That’s what the Lord Jesus said in Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Go beyond the mundane and align your prayers to God’s purpose and you will enter a new season of divine commitment.

PRAYER: Lord, show me Your will and I will follow You in prayer and in all I have and hope to be in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Jeremiah 4:19-6:15, Colossians 1:18-2:7, Psalm 77:1-20, Proverbs 24:23-25

Rev. Olusola Areogun
www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org

(1) (Reply)

The Evil Of Selfishness / He Is Right Beside You / My (3) Wildest Imaginations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.