Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. (1267 Views)

FRSC Screens 300,000 Applicants For 4,000 Jobs / 2018 FRSC Recruitment: 2000+ Applicants For Screening In Rivers State (Pics) / NPF Releases List Of Shortlisted Applicants For 2018 Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2018
I applied for a graduate trainee job at Leadhire, got an interview test invite from them with link to my test page only to discover I have to pay a sum of money to gain access to the test site.
The test is to be written at home.

Below is the message from the site:

Welcome to Pre-Employment Test Centre
Pre-employment Test Centre is a foremost Online Testing platform that administers various forms of pre-employment tests like aptitude, personality and skills tests that help recruiters make objective hiring decisions.
Your assessments are customized according to the requirements of the recruiter in compliance with acceptable worldwide pre-employment test standard.
A service fee of $2.75, an equivalent of about N1,045 is required for this test administration. Kindly click on the “proceed to payment” button to access your test or enter your activation code if you already have one.
You would be granted access to the test upon successful activation.
Please do note that results for tests taken on this site are sent directly to the Recruiting Company.
We wish you all the best!

Is it right for employers to seek money from applicants for an interview test and has anyone seen such before??

Lalasticala

Please move to front page

Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by teepha: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2018
Henrybright:
I applied for a graduate trainee job at Leadhire, got an interview test invite from them with link to my test page only to discover I have to pay a sum of money to gain access to the test site.
I got it too. I was shocked. How will they tell us to pay for a test? It's either that test company is a scam or leadhire wants to make money from us. As for me am not paying nada. They can hold their test

1 Like

Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by phoebeaustin: 10:28am On Oct 06, 2018
I got the mail too. They wrote between the 11th and 12th of October and gave a specific time. Maybe when the date comes it won't have any fee. But if I does have then I don't think its reliable
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 10:36am On Oct 06, 2018
phoebeaustin:
I got the mail too. They wrote between the 11th and 12th of October and gave a specific time. Maybe when the date comes it won't have any fee. But if I does have then I don't think its reliable
exactly, I intend putting a call across to them to hear what they will say about it.
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 10:37am On Oct 06, 2018
teepha:

I got it too. I was shocked. How will they tell us to pay for a test? It's either that test company is a scam or leadhire wants to make money from us. As for me am not paying nada. They can hold their test

I just don't know the motive behind asking for money to do the test.
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Queenmark: 11:18am On Oct 06, 2018
Everyone is taking advantage of unemployment in the country. Yesterday one Lady(Hr personnel) was telling me to pay her for consultation so she can teach me on how to get a job I just laughed.

The money is small but I advice everyone who received the mail not to pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2018
Queenmark:
Everyone is taking advantage of unemployment in the country. Yesterday one Lady(Hr personnel) was telling me to pay her for consultation so she can teach me on how to get a job I just laughed.

I wish the topic can be moved to front page, so we can hear other people's views.

I'm really shocked they will demand money
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Queenmark: 11:50am On Oct 06, 2018
Henrybright:

I wish the topic can be moved to front page, so we can hear other people's views.

I'm really shocked they will demand money

Not only views but to stop this nonsense and let the company be flagged as a scam.
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 11:54am On Oct 06, 2018
Queenmark:

Not only views but to stop this nonsense and let the company be flagged as a scam.
You are right, I'm surely a lot of applicants has stated making payments already.
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by teepha: 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2018
Henrybright:
You are right, I'm surely a lot of applicants has stated making payments already.
Sorry to say anyone that makes that payment is a fool. Why will they tell you to pay for a test. I'm sure they already have their candidates sef they just want to fulfill all righteousness by inviting us for the test. Rubbish
@Adortem please come and respond to this because I've been seeing your post about leadhire training if you are working for them
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2018
teepha:

Sorry to say anyone that makes that payment is a fool. Why will they tell you to pay for a test. I'm sure they already have their candidates sef they just want to fulfill all righteousness by inviting us for the test. Rubbish
@Adortem please come and respond to this because I've been seeing your post about leadhire training if you are working for them
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by bethellite(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2018
I got the mail, I called leadhire and was told that I have to pay for the test. This is my first time to come across something like this, ideally there are supposed to pay the test administrator for their services and not the other way round. This is disheartening, I believe that they are over 20000 applicants multiply that by N1045 and discover that maybe they are using the applicant for making more money(MMM)
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
bethellite:
I got the mail, I called leadhire and was told that I have to pay for the test. This is my first time to come across something like this, ideally there are supposed to pay the test administrator for their services and not the other way round. This is disheartening, I believe that they are over 20000 applicants multiply that by N1045 and discover that maybe they are using the applicant for making more money(MMM)
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2018
bethellite:
I called too and they said the same thing, it's not right
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Gmajor(m): 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
I was about to create a thread on this exact same topic before I stumbled on this thread.
It's so shocking that they are tell us to pay an exam fee on the first stay at home exam. It is unheard of and extremely unethical.
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Gmajor(m): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
I just got this message now

Dear XYZ

We have received several inquiries and complaints about the Online Test for the Graduate Internship Program.

The test is administered by a 3rd party company and unfortunately they require an administrative fee of $2.75 to access their platform. This payment goes to the Testing Company and we have no control over that.

To take the test you are required to make this payment online with your card or purchase a code from them. If you would prefer to purchase a code, you can reach out to us and we would guide you through the process.

However, please note that this program and test is voluntary and you may discontinue without making payment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
LeadHire Recruitment Team

Nawa oh
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Henrybright(m): 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
Gmajor:
I just got this message now

Dear XYZ

We have received several inquiries and complaints about the Online Test for the Graduate Internship Program.

The test is administered by a 3rd party company and unfortunately they require an administrative fee of $2.75 to access their platform. This payment goes to the Testing Company and we have no control over that.

To take the test you are required to make this payment online with your card or purchase a code from them. If you would prefer to purchase a code, you can reach out to us and we would guide you through the process.

However, please note that this program and test is voluntary and you may discontinue without making payment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
LeadHire Recruitment Team

Nawa oh

I got it too
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Bukunmii: 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
Got the same mail.. This is absolutely ridiculous.
HR company that is too lazy to set standard questions for recruitment.
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by duchessendy: 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2018
[quote author=Henrybright post=71844534]

I got it too
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by naijaoppotunity: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2018
Welcome to Pre-Employment Test Centre
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by lunacol(m): 10:49am On Oct 07, 2018
Leadhire are thieves, so candidates will pay the assessment center to write the CBT. This is an organized fraud more subtle than MMM. They are taking advantage of the unemployment situation Ioravaging the country to exploit the jobseekers.

1 Like

Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Queenmark: 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2018
teepha:
As seen on LinkedIn by leadhire senior HR

What he is saying doesn't make sense and him trying to justify their actions is just plain dumb.

When they put out the advert why dint they state that candidates are to pay for the recruitment. This is just fraud on all levels and if we accept it all consulting firms will pick up this attitude.

And if you check there is actually no vacancy they just want to fund their company.

2 Likes

Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by teepha: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
Queenmark:

What he is saying doesn't make sense and him trying to justify their actions is just plain dumb.

When they put out the advert why dint they state that candidates are to pay for the recruitment. This is just fraud on all levels and if we accept it all consulting firms will pick up this attitude.

And if you check there is actually no vacancy they just want to fund their company.
Abi o...They are in debts they want to use us to pay their debts
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Ityjusty(f): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2018
[/color] [color=#000099] That's true, there's no vacancy. It's just an internship program and they are training graduates for future job roles. I don't think they will pay salary
Queenmark:

Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Queenmark: 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ityjusty:
[/color] [color=#000099] That's true, there's no vacancy. It's just an internship program and they are training graduates for future job roles. I don't think they will pay salary

Can you imagine
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Temmydotty(f): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
teepha:
As seen on LinkedIn by leadhire senior HR

@teepha,publicly displaying somebody's profile online is totally wrong,please take it down. I don't know him but this is not fair.
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by idamokoemmanuel(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Queenmark:

well said. No one should pay, it will make them to reversed their decision
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by teepha: 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Temmydotty:

@teepha,publicly displaying somebody's profile online is totally wrong,please take it down. I don't know him but this is not fair.
Publicly displaying what? He posted something on LinkedIn which is public. So many people reshared it. So there is nothing bad in resharing it here
Re: Employer Requesting Money From Applicants For Apt. Test. by Temmydotty(f): 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2019
URGENT VACANCY-ADHOC SALES PROMOTERS/SALES AGENTS

Do you know any Sales Promoter/Sales Agent who wants to make extra cash on Tuesday,24/09/2019 and Wednesday,25/09/2019 at the rate of #2000 per day,8am-5pm?

These applicants should reside close to TradeFair Shopping Complex, Off Badagary Expressway, Lagos, Nigeria.

Kindly, send a DM to (Whatsapp Only-0703 190 8041) with your attached CV and you would be given instructions about the nextstep of action.

(1) (Reply)

Interview Invite From FSF Limited...real Or Scam / If You Are In Need Of A Job Forward CV Now. / The News Company That Pays Minimum Withdrawal Of #2000 With Referral Not Compuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.