Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Nigerian Lady In Search Of Better Life Lands In Paris As A Sex Slave - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Lady In Search Of Better Life Lands In Paris As A Sex Slave (372 Views)

A Russian Man Who Tried To Rob A Hair Salon Ended Up As A Sex Slave (Throwback) / Gang Kept 14-Year-Old Girl As Sex Slave In Bauchi, Arrested By Police / ‘in Abidjan, I Slept With 15 Men Daily As Sex Slave For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady In Search Of Better Life Lands In Paris As A Sex Slave by evanso6226(f): 10:35am On Oct 06, 2018

A Nigerian lady's hope of making a fortune in France turned into a nightmare having fallen to human traffickers who reportedly made her a sex slave.
In a CNN News report, she is identified as Nadège (not real name). The Bois de Vincennes park in Paris used to be a home for her until she managed to escape her captors.

Nadège claims that "she was trafficked from Nigeria to France and forced into sexual slavery, at €20 ($23) per client, to pay off a colossal debt to a female Nigerian love-vendor", says a CNN report.

The love-vendor who is described as "madam" had made false promises about a good life in Europe when they met in Lagos. She anticipated a visit to France will fetch her waitress job as promised but that never happened.

"I was told it was like a paradise but getting here, it was like from frying pan to fire," CNN gathered from her. She was made to swear an oath at a juju temple before leaving Nigeria.

By swearing the oath she agrees to "repay her madam for sending her to Europe, and to never speak of her oath, or her debt, to anyone."

According to CNN, Nadège was 20 years old when she flew out of Nigeria on a commercial flight to France. She reportedly travelled with a fake passport.

Settling a debt of over N20 million was one of her obligations to her love-vendor who also seized her travelling documents. Things soon took a different turn for the lady when she became pregnant for her boyfriend.

At this time she made a decision to escape the forced labour but risks terrible consequences such as death or madness. Fortunately, both never came. They are expected to be the outcome if she fails to fulfil her obligation to the madam.

"I was waiting patiently for the death or the madness.

"I was like... 'Should I go over to the street and start working? Should I abort my baby?'," she tells CNN.

The family of Nadège who now enjoys protection at an asylum in France are reportedly feeling the heat after she successfully escaped. She has vowed not to return to Nigeria because it is not safe for her especially when playing the role of a mother.

read more ; https://www.clintgist.com/nigerian-lady-in-search-of-better-life-lands-in-paris-as-a-sex-slave/
Re: Nigerian Lady In Search Of Better Life Lands In Paris As A Sex Slave by Oreofepeters: 10:58am On Oct 06, 2018
this is so prevalent these days.

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Lawmaker, Maria Ude Involved In Fake Certificate Scandal / AE-FUNAI Students Unleash Mayhem On Nabbed Robber In Campus (Graphic Photo) / Mexican Drug Lord ‘el Chapo’ Trial Approaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.