Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

"How I Risked My School Fees To Build My Event Planning Empire" - Moyo - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "How I Risked My School Fees To Build My Event Planning Empire" - Moyo (575 Views)

I Require Assistance To Build My Skills � / How YOU Can Get Paid Premium Fees To Write Emails For Other Companies / Should I Continue With My School Or Accept A Military Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"How I Risked My School Fees To Build My Event Planning Empire" - Moyo by Dilianne(f): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2018
EVERYDAY GREATNESS WITH DILIANNE

Miss Moyosoreoluwa is the Young CEO of Moshowers, a grand event planning company that she started while in school, and has grown it into a prestigious company worthy of emulation in the event planning industry.

She shares with us the great risks she had to take to bring her company to life and her experience managing staffs at a young age.

DA: You recently celebrated Mo'showers third anniversary, what is the inspiration behind this big dream?
Mo’showers: First of all it has been my passion, I discovered some years ago that during family functions I was never seated and I loved to organize events and get-together for family and friends.

Since I pay close attention to details and love creativity, I decided to earn a living from it.

DA: What aspect of event planning did you start with and how were you able to incorporate others?
Mo’showers: I started with bridal shower, baby shower and planning small birthday parties for my friends till I got my first wedding job in November 2016.

DA: How were you able to raise funds when you started and how much did you start up with?
Mo’showers: Like I said while celebrating my 3rd year anniversary, it wasnt all easy I had to take some risks to achieve all of these. In 2015, I knew I will be a party planner not a wedding planner at first.

So let me tell you a quick story about the brand Moshowers Events on how I started and how I got my money for training;
I remember telling my dad when I was in 100Level that I wanted to learn how to do professional makeup and the passion I have for events (If you know me well, even before I became a planner, I'm always everywhere during family functions) he told me Wait till you finish school then you can go ahead and do that I just told him okay sir but within me, I knew I really wanted to do more for myself.

Fast forward to 200Level during my IT, I had the opportunity to meet an amazing woman, CEO, Labana Events, I spoke to her about my passion for planning events and she told me the amount she will collect before she can train me. Then, it was a huge amount of money, I didn't have the money but I told her I will get back to her.

Some weeks later, My dad sent my 300Level school fees to my account and the first thing that came to my mind was Moyo, you can use this money for the training and you think of how to get it later I thought about it for a few days and I made up my mind to pay for the training.

And I remember contacting Aunty Tinu of Teeshowers in 2015 too. It also started from stalking her on IG till I got everything I wanted to know about bridal showers & baby showers and also about party supplies to use for each showers.

P.S I know you want to know if I paid my school fees that year and how I paid my school fees that year. Lol, Yes I did and all thanks to an amazing soul.

DA: What has been your greatest challenge so far? And how did you overcome it?

https://dilianne.com/2018/10/it-hasnt-been-easy-schooling-and-building-an-event-planning-brand-ceo-moshowers/

Re: "How I Risked My School Fees To Build My Event Planning Empire" - Moyo by Dilianne(f): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! My Friend Doesn't Take Pictures. / Mini Importation Business For Beginners 2019 / Meet The Talented 15 Year Old Boy That Designs Excavator (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.