Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Help! Web Programmers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Web Programmers (539 Views)

How Can Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Help Web Design ? / Escrow Services In Nigeria Can Help Web Designers Get More Jobs / Please Help.. Web 4 Africa Domain Nsme Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Web Programmers by Bossmd: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2018
Someone contacted me that he will help build a website for my business. We agreed on 60k for the job. He told me to send 20k initial deposit which I did. After a few days he came asking for more money. So I told him before I can send him any more money he should show me what he has done so far so he showed me a site ending in .xyz. So I told him a need a site with my own domain name as we agreed and he said he needs more money to buy domain and SSL that the money I gave him initially he used it for HOSTING. He said he needs additional 7k for DOMAIN and SSL. I asked him which SSL provider he’s using and he said GoDaddy and he said he will buy the SSL for 1,800 for 2 years but when I checked GoDaddy site I cannot see any SSL that is that cheap for 2 years.

Why I have come here is to ask for your advice in this forum because I don’t know anything about web design and I have never met this guy in person.

Please should I send him more money? Please I need your advise as I do not want to scammed.

Thank you
Re: Help! Web Programmers by techgeek12(m): 11:48am On Oct 07, 2018
Bossmd:
Someone contacted me that he will help build a website for my business. We agreed on 60k for the job. He told me to send 20k initial deposit which I did. After a few days he came asking for more money. So I told him before I can send him any more money he should show me what he has done so far so he showed me a site ending in .xyz. So I told him a need a site with my own domain name as we agreed and he said he needs more money to buy domain and SSL that the money I gave him initially he used it for HOSTING. He said he needs additional 7k for DOMAIN and SSL. I asked him which SSL provider he’s using and he said GoDaddy and he said he will buy the SSL for 1,800 for 2 years but when I checked GoDaddy site I cannot see any SSL that is that cheap for 2 years.

Why I have come here is to ask for your advice in this forum because I don’t know anything about web design and I have never met this guy in person.

Please should I send him more money? Please I need your advise as I do not want to scammed.

Thank you

No don't, he should have bought a domain from the initial money u gave him, 20k just for hosting without domain name?, big no no for me, he want to eat more of ur money, . xyz is a free hosting, I doubt if he has bought anything let's chat on whatsapp 081-350-65702
Re: Help! Web Programmers by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
The first thing you buy is a domain name before an hosting account. Though you can buy a domain name.wothout an hosting account but you can transfer buy an hosting account without a domain name.
And SSL is free for 80% of hosting companies I know.
If you need a genuine website.
Contact me on 09033012548

You're free to check out some of my work and tell.me what you need.
I'm a web developer and a web designer

www.zealnut.com
www.writerspay.com
www.temigram.com
www.talkspace.com
www.labenj.com
www.realhope.ng

One more thing, he charged you too much for the job.
I charge way less...

09033012548 (Whatsapp and call)
Instagram: Thezealnut
Twitter: Thezealnut
Facebook: Adewale A James
Re: Help! Web Programmers by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bossmd:

Thank you
The first thing you buy is a domain name before an hosting account. Though you can buy a domain name.wothout an hosting account but you can transfer buy an hosting account without a domain name.
And SSL is free for 80% of hosting companies I know.
If you need a genuine website.
Contact me on 09033012548

You're free to check out some of my work and tell.me what you need.
I'm a web developer and a web designer

www.zealnut.com
www.writerspay.com
www.temigram.com
www.talkspace.com
www.labenj.com
www.realhope.ng

One more thing, he charged you too much for the job.
I charge way less...

Re: Help! Web Programmers by bedfordng(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
hmm. will advice you look for other person to get this done for you as the guy will suck up your cash without any progress. if you don't want to waste cash again, then look for someone else and then find a way to get some part if your money back.

when i setup site for business owners or bloggers via hosting, ssl is free
Re: Help! Web Programmers by Bossmd: 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hhmmmm, I have asked him for a refund now he is saying he cannot refund that he has used the money for hosting
Re: Help! Web Programmers by bedfordng(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bossmd:
Hhmmmm, I have asked him for a refund now he is saying he cannot refund that he has used the money for hosting
then you just have to look for someone else. just try to avoid paying more cash because you will end up spending without result
Re: Help! Web Programmers by SirLakes: 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kelvin30286063:

[s]One more thing, he charged you too much for the job.
I charge way less...[/s]

Because you charge 5 naira for developing a site doesn't mean everyone will charge same.....levels pass levels..okay!!!

However, Mr op

Dont give more money if the person can't show anything tangible for the one you gave.
Re: Help! Web Programmers by Ayemileto(m): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
Bossmd:

If he can't refund, ask him to send you the script of the one he showed you online.

You can purchase hosting and domain name yourself.

What type of website are you building?
Re: Help! Web Programmers by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
SirLakes:

[s]Because you charge 5 naira for developing a site [/s]doesn't mean everyone will charge same.....levels pass levels..okay!!!

However, Mr op

Dont give more money if the person can't show anything tangible for the one you gave.

I didn't mean it that way. You don't have to be so sarcastic with your response especially when the matter doesn't concern you. Mind you, I don't charge 5 naira.
I'm a developer but a realistic one. If you're developing a website with cms... You shouldn't charge that much.
If you want to develop an app, come and ask me how much I charge.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do Website Design Services Cost? / Your Website Needs To Be Mobile Friendly ? / Advertising Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.