Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming (1046 Views)

My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) / Amazing Profit On Livestock Farming. / Effect Of Wonderful Kola On Livestock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
I want to go in to livestock farming but I'm trying to decide which of the animals to start rearing; should I start with goat's, rams, or cows? What do you think? Or should I just go in to poultry? My folkes told me that it is more profitable but I don't know, what do you guys think?
Re: I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming by SUPERPACK: 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
poultry is capital intensive and a risky venture, goat and cow have low cost and high turnover with less risk, go for goat or cow.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming by oluwatodimu1(m): 5:36am On Oct 08, 2018
Cattle, goat or sheep, is quite lucrative depending on how much u wanna invest(u get to make proceeds once a while)
poultry is good, though risky but there are ways around. its high yielding in terms of making money on a daily basis (if u r a fearful person, pls dnt venture there)
Pigs are another, demands money but they are good producers &dnt die anyhow. its safer &no need 4 fulani herder.
Just get full details from those that are fully into d kind of livestock u want

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming by Lagosrabbit: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2018
I'll say poultry... The risk or mortality is higher than goats n other ruminants.. Its a matter of 100% dedication to be successful, but as for me its rabbit anytime..

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming by ehinmowo: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2018
mhd5757:
I want to go in to livestock farming but I'm trying to decide which of the animals to start rearing; should I start with goat's, rams, or cows? What do you think? Or should I just go in to poultry? My folkes told me that it is more profitable but I don't know, what do you guys think?

Do cattle. The maturity period of small ruminant like goat and large ruminants like cattle are the same. But one mature bovine can generate enough income to buy six mature goats. I can help do a proper planning for a fee.
Re: I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2018
ehinmowo:

Do cattle. The maturity period of small ruminant like goat and large ruminants like cattle are the same. But one mature bovine can generate enough income to buy six mature goats. I can help do a proper planning for a fee.
That would not be necessary, thanx.
Re: I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming by fayahsoul: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
Grasscutter farming rocks
Re: I Need Your Advise On Livestock Farming by joeyreports: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2020
Check out the list of live stock business you can invest in... https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/livestock/

(1) (Reply)

Snail Farming: Preparing For The Dry Season / Sun-dried Ponmo For Sale / Cost To Clear Virgin Land?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.