Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,543 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Germany Coach Eyes Brazil 2014 Glory - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany Coach Eyes Brazil 2014 Glory (660 Views)

Who Scored The Best Goal In Brazil 2014 Fifa World Cup.. / We ‘ll Play Spain, Argentina In Brazil 2014 – Ethiopia / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Germany Coach Eyes Brazil 2014 Glory by funmi2010: 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
Germany coach Joachim Loew on Saturday said the South Africa 2010 World Cup was a good event for his players and Germany.

Germany defeated Uruguay 3-2 in Port Elizabeth on Saturday to win bronze.

According to him, the performance of the team in South Africa has convinced him that Germany is capable of winning future tournaments.

He noted that the team posted results that many would not forget in a hurry at the event, which ended on Sunday at the Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg.

Loew said, ”We made impact at this competition in our own way and I am okay with the bronze medal. We have a good team that I believe could have gone all the way but in football the best team is not always the winner.

”Beating Uruguay to win bronze is good for the confidence of the players, especially for future tournaments.

”This team is looking up to Euro 2012 and the Brazil 2014 World Cup. They have gained all the experience needed here and we are happy to go home with a medal.

”We have so much depth and understanding. It is unfortunate we are not in the final of the World Cup but I am happy that we have done well and people will easily remember that, ”Leow said.

Meanwhile, German President Christian Wulff says he will award Loew the country‘s Federal Cross of Merit for taking the national team to third place at the World Cup.

Wulff said in a televised press conference on Sunday that the players would be decorated with the Silver Laurel.

About 300,000 people were reported to have gathered at public viewing areas in Germany to watch Saturday‘s match.

About 100,000 were near Berlin‘s Brandenburg Gate, roughly a third the number that attended previous Germany games.
Re: Germany Coach Eyes Brazil 2014 Glory by candylips(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2010
thats good.

they are a team to watch in the next Euros definately

(1) (Reply)

Holland Karate Kick / I Need To Join A Sports Club / Sport Jokes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.