Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Why Is Lagos So Busy? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Is Lagos So Busy? (571 Views)

Difference Between Busy And Productive / If You Own A Blog/website But You're Too Busy Or Need An Extra Hand, Employ Me. / 10 Ways To Look Busy In The Office: The Gospel Of Lazy Bones. A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Lagos So Busy? by mastercee(m): 6:08am On Oct 09, 2018
There is Lagos; and there is lagos.

9 a.m. Banana Island. Cynthia cracks open her eyes, rolls to the edge of the bed, snoozes her alarm and dozes off again.

Why wake up so early when she has only one logo design project on her plate? She had negotiated a less-pressured deadline with the American client, who had contacted her on the strength of another happy client's recommendation.

The estate where Cynthia lives is peopled by many like her. People who, by way of parental influence, political connections or technical skills, are in control of their time, their destinies...

Cynthia owns her time. Cynthia is a Lagosian. She lives in Lagos. She is never busy; she is living the life.

4.30 a.m. Ikorodu. Segun is already seated inside a BRT bus bound for Victoria Island, his head in his hands, eyes closed as he tries to take a nap in transit. The night before he had gotten home as late as 11 p.m. Mountain of Fire and Miracles faithfuls had caused a lock-jam as they traveled from all parts of Lagos to their camp for a crusade...

Given a choice, Segun would rather he slept a little more at home. However, he is well aware that the price of lateness in his workplace is an admonitory deduction of 1,000 naira from his 35,000 naira salary. This month, he had come late twice already...

Segun is trading his time for money. He is a lagosian. He lives in lagos. He is ever busy; he is dying slowly...

What was your question again? Lagos? or lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos So Busy? by Nwodosis(m): 6:14am On Oct 09, 2018
Ragos!
Re: Why Is Lagos So Busy? by Mynd44: 6:18am On Oct 09, 2018
Lmaooooooo
Re: Why Is Lagos So Busy? by FunnyDude(m): 6:28am On Oct 09, 2018
I'll keep saying it, Lagos is too busy for my personality. How will I be leaving home by 5am to get back at say, 10pm.

Money is not my motivation in life. Peace of mind and ability control my time is my priority.

I was born n breed in Lagos but finally left when things looks gloomy especially traffic, transport n housing fee.

Now, I can only go supply my goods and come back to my base

Or say, for a wedding, pay a visit to my friends in Lagos, can't live there.

Too tight mehn

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos So Busy? by mamaafrik(m): 6:44am On Oct 09, 2018
lagos should link up with Ogunstate,special design and master plan,express train,develop other ports.Lagos will be depopulated if such is done
Re: Why Is Lagos So Busy? by Netfilix: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2018
FunnyDude:
I'll keep saying it, Lagos is too busy for my personality. How will I be leaving home by 5am to get back at say, 10pm.

Money is not my motivation in life. Peace of mind and ability control my time is my priority.

I was born n breed in Lagos but finally left when things looks gloomy especially traffic, transport n housing fee.

Too tight mehn

Hello bro, I'm sorry I mentioned you outta the blue.. I want to inform you that Ewawumi has paid me.. Dats all.

Thanks cheesy
Re: Why Is Lagos So Busy? by hahn(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
mastercee:
There is Lagos; and there is lagos.

9 a.m. Banana Island. Cynthia cracks open her eyes, rolls to the edge of the bed, snoozes her alarm and dozes off again.

Why wake up so early when she has only one logo design project on her plate? She had negotiated a less-pressured deadline with the American client, who had contacted her on the strength of another happy client's recommendation.

The estate where Cynthia lives is peopled by many like her. People who, by way of parental influence, political connections or technical skills, are in control of their time, their destinies...

Cynthia owns her time. Cynthia is a Lagosian. She lives in Lagos. She is never busy; she is living the life.

4.30 a.m. Ikorodu. Segun is already seated inside a BRT bus bound for Victoria Island, his head in his hands, eyes closed as he tries to take a nap in transit. The night before he had gotten home as late as 11 p.m. Mountain of Fire and Miracles faithfuls had caused a lock-jam as they traveled from all parts of Lagos to their camp for a crusade...

Given a choice, Segun would rather he slept a little more at home. However, he is well aware that the price of lateness in his workplace is an admonitory deduction of 1,000 naira from his 35,000 naira salary. This month, he had come late twice already...

Segun is trading his time for money. He is a lagosian. He lives in lagos. He is ever busy; he is dying slowly...

What was your question again? Lagos? or lagos?

Bros, BRT don't start conveying passengers till 7 or 8 am. Lie small small na undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos So Busy? by hahn(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2018
FunnyDude:

Too tight mehn

I left Lagos too and we now only go there for shopping. Everyone is Lagos is just too angry. Kilode

I am now in Ogun state and it's much better only that the roads are terrible but I work online so as long as my gen is on I am good to go.

My next move is to start buying land and go into farming. No time grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2019 | Apply Now Before Deadline / Job Application Form Tips And Tricks / 14 Year Old Boy Works For Google Earns Over ₦450 Million Yearly (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.