Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" (29716 Views)

Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions / Wayne Rooney Has Retired From International Football. / Wayne Rooney Taunts Same Angry Man City Fans - 5 Years Apart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by uzolexis(f): 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
darkchild64:
To be honest sometimes I get really mad at this comparison,yes Cristiano Ronaldo is a world class player,he has scored so many goals and has many individual trophies,but no he is not better than Lionel messi,like I said earlier I love Ronaldo,real Madrid and Manchester united and of course I dislike Barcelona but come on let's be real,the only part of the game that Ronaldo is ahead of messi is on his aerial prowess,give me Lionel messi and Ronaldo and I would choose Lionel messi one million times,like seriously this is not even an argument for me

I feel the same way. It hurts me physically and emotionally when pple say Ronaldo is better, I mean what more do they want Messi to do to prove he's the best? He's done it all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

The world would remember Ronaldo for lifting European trophy but the world would forget the second place lol, no one remember when you fail
Wrong,Lionel messi is an iconic player and would never be forgotten, his performances at the world cup would always be remembered, perhaps u forgot,Portugal won the finals of the euros without Ronaldo playing any meaningful part in the finals,Lionel messi was unlucky not to have won a copa america by the way,I hope he wins it in 2019 he deserves it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by GaggleNSwallow: 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
Rooney spoke the unbiased truth, with factual examples. Penaldo fans just hate Messi for no reason.

3 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by chiefolododo(m): 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
Brownshugar69:

You that has not smelt the grass in the football field is saying that a professional footballer who has played with the two people is question is wrong. Like a carpenter arguing with a doctor on medical metters
matters not metters
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by uzolexis(f): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

Who pass naim know book, Messi be like Buhari no leadership qualities and that’s what he lacks at Argentina, when in Barcelona he got a whole lots of leaders then, from ronaldinho to deco to puyol, to xavi, ineista, etc

I agree Messi is not a leader, Ronaldo is more of a leader but when it comes to football skills, Messi is better than Ronaldo.

6 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ronaldo is just a perfect finisher,Lionel messi on the other hand is a complete footballer,plays very entertaining football, he will dribble to the core if it is dribbling that u want,his passes are incredible,his left foot is simply magical,I can't believe that people have watched messi play and they still choose Ronaldo over him,even this year I believe Lionel messi in the strict sense of it is the best player in the world,but I guess there are some other parameters like your team performance that has to be considered before giving the award

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Umueme: 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
[quote author=Nbote post=71934722]
Dis it comment shows U know Little or nothing about football..

Oversabi dey worry u....
u jst dey call all d tins Rooney done do because im come praise ur overhyped Messi abi, bt na u go do call am all d tins wey full ur mouth wen im dey flop for ManUtd....
Keep shouting messi up an dan im no know u dey exist sef...online bagani like u...dont quote me again cos of this s**t...if u wanna argue do dat with ur keyboard...
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by busco59: 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2018
sparkle6:
Every man has his own taste. Thank you for airing your view rooney. He thinks... Now thats maturity not forcing it down others throat.
I just gave a like to this particular comment, the first and last statement got my attention, most especially the last statement. There is nothing wrong airing you views but forcing it on people, that a big no, only bigots and unmatured people do that.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Rilwayne001: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
Messi is actually the best even though I like Ronaldo more. But in case one wants to take a quantifiable lesson from any of them, or that in case one wants to make a role model out of them, Ronaldo should always be. He's worthy of role model than Messi.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by rastaLivity: 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Tonimordred:
Dis rooney is a fool i dnt blame im cos drogba did nt alow im 2 win highest goal scorer
e really pain you oh

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by afonjabreed(m): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
MedicalSamwise:

Giggs played in ManU through out his career and that doesn't make Fred a better player than him.

Besides, Ronaldo left manU( the biggest club in England as at that time) to madrid( also the biggest in Spain) and then to Juventus ( the biggest club in Italy who have won the league for 7 consecutive times now) .
If he(ronaldo) wants to prove a point, let him go to a club like YOUNG BOYS or PSV and win the champions league for them. Maybe then, I can start taking him serious

Besides, Ferguson spent most of his career in manU... Does that make him a bad coach?? ...abegii
I love you, I like you, I salute you
you too much
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by TemmyT002(m): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
See his ugly mouth.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Preciouzword: 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by fredoooooo: 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
OLUWAMESSI AKANMUADE .... Omo kan soso bi mIllion grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by coolh3ad(m): 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
darkchild64:
To be honest sometimes I get really mad at this comparison,yes Cristiano Ronaldo is a world class player,he has scored so many goals and has many individual trophies,but no he is not better than Lionel messi,like I said earlier I love Ronaldo,real Madrid and Manchester united and of course I dislike Barcelona but come on let's be real,the only part of the game that Ronaldo is ahead of messi is on his aerial prowess,give me Lionel messi and Ronaldo and I would choose Lionel messi one million times,like seriously this is not even an argument for me

The thing just tire me my Brother..I swear..I don't even argue over this matter again....

2 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by coolh3ad(m): 10:02pm On Oct 09, 2018
nelsonebby:
so you think Ronaldo actually plays better than Messi

He thinks?. Huh?. He knows and He is saying nothing but the truth
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by vindisick: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
Wayne Rooney is a man of integrity. Just read that comment,“Ronaldo has gone from a winger to a striker and a goalscorer.
“Rather than taking players on all the time, he has gone more one or two touch, getting in the box and scoring goals.
“Messi a bit of everything - you see him scoring goals from playing probably a deep midfield role at times, and where I’m probably still walking on the pitch he’s scoring.
“So he is probably the best.” Now that is a comment from someone that really understand football. Good one Rooney

3 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by coolh3ad(m): 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
fredoooooo:
OLUWAMESSI AKANMUADE .... Omo kan soso bi mIllion grin

Gbayiiiiiiiiiii!!!

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2018
darkchild64:

Wrong,Lionel messi is an iconic player and would never be forgotten, his performances at the world cup would always be remembered, perhaps u forgot,Portugal won the finals of the euros without Ronaldo playing any meaningful part in the finals,Lionel messi was unlucky not to have won a copa america by the way,I hope he wins it in 2019 he deserves it

He took them to the finals, his tears in the final is used as meme till today, the passion, came out form the injury place to the field, gave them believe, faith, turn to coach. My brother see truth talk.. complete footballer. Both legs, head, yansh, passion, desire, anger, hunger, Give Ronaldo the credit, Messi is great, but respect Ronaldo, first to collect ballon d or in English football league. Respect a legend not hate
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by xfactor23: 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
No other player past or present has beaten the record of Pele the great.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2018
nelsonebby:
so you think Ronaldo actually plays better than Messi

Both are great , but My brother see truth talk.. complete footballer. Both legs, head, yansh, passion, desire, anger, hunger, Give Ronaldo the credit, Messi is great, but respect Ronaldo, first to collect ballon d or in English football league. Respect a legend not hate
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by oluwaahmed: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
uzolexis:

I feel the same way. It hurts me physically and emotionally when pple say Ronaldo is better, I mean what more do they want Messi to do to prove he's the best? He's done it all

The problem is that messi made greatness look simple. Most of the people supporting Ronaldo over messi are either kids or just hate barca in whole.
U know someone is great when he was scouted at the age of 15 and by 19 he had broken into a world class squad that had the likes of ronaldinho, eto'o xavi, puyol. He played big games then that featured, van nisterooy, beckham and was a torn in their flesh. What I say to most Ronaldo fans is open YouTube and watch best of Ronaldo and compare to messi. I give it to Ronaldo he has tried but Rooney, pep Guardiola and Luis Erinqe cannot be wrong these guys were great footballers in their time

6 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Beemhan(m): 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

Both are great , but My brother see truth talk.. complete footballer. Both legs, head, yansh, passion, desire, anger, hunger, Give Ronaldo the credit, Messi is great, but respect Ronaldo, first to collect ballon d or in English football league. Respect a legend not hate
You're just a biased and very unintelligent creature who probably doesn't even watch a lot of live football grin

2 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by ebig21(m): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2018
oluwaahmed:

The problem is that messi made greatness look simple. Most of the people supporting Ronaldo over messi are either kids or just hate barca in whole.
U know someone is great when he was scouted at the age of 15 and by 19 he had broken into a world class squad that had the likes of ronaldinho, eto'o xavi, puyol. He played big games then that featured, van nisterooy, beckham and was a torn in their flesh. What I say to most Ronaldo fans is open YouTube and watch best of Ronaldo and compare to messi. I give it to Ronaldo he has tried but Rooney, pep Guardiola and Luis Erinqe cannot be wrong these guys were great footballers in their time

Cristiano ronaldo also broke out in Manchester united at age 18, na struggling barca you dey call world class abi, Barca was a struggling team then, Cristiano broke the record of most expensive teenager then.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by moshino(m): 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
chiefolododo:
I think it is I

Tramadol is not your friend, say no to tramadol.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by oluwaahmed: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

Bring the best Ronaldo goal u have ever seen and compare it to the one messi dribbled from midfield to the goal. Only 3 players have done that in history (messi, maradona and George weah) and they all won world best. Let Ronaldo do his own since he is world best then come back let's talk. Mind u messi has scored all the types of goal that Ronaldo has scored but I can't say same for Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
Yes, Messi is one of the best, BUT definitely not the best ever!

Rooney just shared his opinion.

FIN!
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by chimadrid: 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2018
We all know Ronaldo, is d best.. He has proven himself in all d league. Not that short midget
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Bring the best Ronaldo goal u have ever seen and compare it to the one messi dribbled from midfield to the goal. Only 3 players have done that in history (messi, maradona and George weah) and they all won world best. Let Ronaldo do his own since he is world best then come back let's talk. Mind u messi has scored all the types of goal that Ronaldo has scored but I can't say same for Ronaldo.

Salah vs man city , bring Messi headed goals
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by oluwaahmed: 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
Comparing tapinaldo to messi, is like comparing king James to Michael Jordan.
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by Xkalaban(m): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
Nbote:
Everyone knows it naaa... He's in a competition with himself as he's no longer in d same league with any player... Midfielder and Striker and is exceptional at both at d same time

So 2 Copa finals and a world cup final where he won d best player awards in each of dem is not influence abi? So Ronaldo did it all himself at Madrid or United abi?

Dis it comment shows U know Little or nothing about football.. So Becos Rooney gave his opinion he's now an international flop? Man United's highest goal scorer, England and Everton Legend.. Rooney is a bigger legend dan Ronaldo is at United.. Messi has scored 22 goals against d biggest teams from England so is it d smaller clubs he won't score against? Messi is happy where he is and d club is making sure he stays happy so why must he leave to impress U? See keyboard warrior asking what a football legend knows about football

Correct person spotted..... cool
Re: Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2018
Beemhan:

You're just a biased and very unintelligent creature who probably doesn't even watch a lot of live football grin

Intelligent creature if you read my comment you would know I said both are great, but people should stop underrating Ronaldo, no comparisnC, great great players, but Ronaldo is more hungry and Much of a leader than Messi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) / Which Is More Painful Between Relationship Heartbreak & Betslip? / Higher Institution Games Kick-start In July (See List Of Participating Schools)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.