Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,249 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) (5427 Views)

Enter The "King Of Lamba" Writing Competition- Writertain Writers' League / Writertain Writers League (entries And Judges Only) / Writertain Writers League .... Registration Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2018
This is the way the competition will go.

Nairaland Edition Sponsors

*To Be A Sponsor, please send an email to Writertain@gmail.com

There is a big benefit attached.

Judges

- Audreytimms
- Royver
- Shewrites

There are 30 contestants.
This competition would follow the format of The Voice competition.

Stage 1. Anecdote (250 words) — Blind Audition

Stage 2. Drabble (100 words)- Battle 

Stage 3 Twitterture- (140 characters)- Steals battle

Stage 4. 55 fiction (55 words)- Knockout Stage

Stage 5. Dribble (50 words)-

Stage 6. 25 words- 3 Judges and 1 vote

Stage 7. 6 words- 

Votes.

Stage 1. 250 words (Blind Audition Stage)- November 1-7 

— The contestants will send their works (A 250-word fiction) to a writertain@gmail.com before November 1 Judges will reveal their choices between November 1-7

— The contestants will be given a number immediately they send in their stories.

— I will post the stories immediately here without the writer's name. Each judge would pick their favourites 6.

— Immediately the judges pick their favourite 6, the contestants will be revealed. Note that the judges can pick the same number (that's the beauty)

— That does not mean all hopes are lost for the remaining contestants.

— There might be a conflict of interest. Then, the contestant selected by more than a judge will pick any judge of his/her choice.

— If there is a case as such, the judge(s) without the complete number of contestant would have to pick other contestant(s) to fill their slot(s).

Stage 2. Drabble (100 words)- Battle stage- 

November 8-15

- Contestants will post it themselves

— The judges would have paired contestants into groups before the battle starts and would pick one of each group. This mean, the judges would have 3 contestants left.

— The judges are allowed to steal any two contestants that lose from other judges.

Stage 3 Twitterture- (140 characters)- Steals battle. November 16-20

Twitterture is a 140-character story. It follows the pattern of those that type on twitter. All characters, including space, mean something.

— This stage is meant for only those that were stolen.

— The judges would pick a contestant here.

— This means the judges now have 4 contestants.

Stage 4: 55 fiction (55 words)- Knockout Stage. November 21-27

The stories would be in 55 words.

— Here, the judges would pick just 2 contestants, making us have 6 contestants left in the competition.

However, readers would be involved in this process. They would vote for the contestants. Two Contestants with the highest votes would be able to join the next stage, making us have 8 contestants.

Stage 5. Dribble (50 words)- November 28- December 3

— The judges would pick three contestants.

— Readers' votes would pick three more contestants.

This leaves us with 6 contestants.

Stage 6. 25 words- 3 Judges and 1 vote. December 4- 10

— Judges would pick 3 contestants

— Readers will vote one contestant.

Stage 7. 6 words- Votes only. December 11-17

— This stage is witty but is more of a publicity stunt for the writer.

The person with the highest vote gets to win.

Everyone is allowed to vote twice. Voting can only be done by Liking and Sharing.

In the voting processes, Judges are allowed to call for votes for their contestants.

The top 4 will proceed to compete on a National level with the grand prize. 

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 8:55am On Oct 10, 2018
Contestants

Youngzubi

juininho

MisterRuk

meneski

GSteve001

Heryordele94

Daysam007
devilmaycry
DrDreWise
Kusibe77
Missnande

Thewriter2018
peacesamuel94
Generica
Firstgentleman1
olatunyemi
KimberlyWest

Tbekz
duch12
Jazmiynne
Frankenstein
babtoundey

spidey77
vivypretty
Divineroyalty
SenhorSean
OluwabuqqyYOLO

EVarn
piroux
rafindo
Atayis
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hello. I was not mentioned.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 1:25am On Oct 12, 2018
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Hello. I was not mentioned.
Thanks for the corrections.

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:23am On Oct 12, 2018
Divepen1:
Thanks for the corrections.
You're welcome, sir.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Bluehaven(m): 6:44am On Oct 14, 2018
Ol'boy! This one would be tough...following it through and thoroughly.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 19, 2018
divepen1, are the competitors available cos this tread is in solitude? i think it is time each contestant commented to show the tenacity for participation.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2018
Atayis:
divepen1, are the competitors available cos this tread is in solitude? i think it is time each contestant commented to show the tenacity of participation.
Well, the waiting period was also like this last year. Their stories will soon start flowing in.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
10 days to submission deadline

Youngzubi juininho MisterRuk meneski GSteve001
Heryordele94 Daysam007 devilmaycry DrDreWise Kusibe77 Missnande
Thewriter2018 peacesamuel94 Generica Firstgentleman1 olatunyemi KimberlyWest Tbekz duch12
Jazmiynne Frankenstein babtoundey spidey77 vivypretty Divineroyalty SenhorSean OluwabuqqyYOLO
EVarn piroux rafindo Atayis
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Youngzubi(m): 9:05am On Oct 22, 2018
Ok, but i didnt get any notification
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
Sir Divepen sir, do the stories have to follow a particular theme?
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
juininho:
Sir Divepen sir, do the stories have to follow a particular theme?
Not necessarily ..
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Youngzubi(m): 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
Hello Divepen1 good evening sir, i suggest you push this thread to front page at least to get people attention, and again most of the contestants didnt get any notification regarding the name mentioned, am just suggesting though
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2018
Youngzubi:
Hello Divepen1 good evening sir, i suggest you push this thread to front page at least to get people attention, and again most of the contestants didnt get any notification regarding the name mentioned, am just suggesting though
Wowww.. I'll send a mail to everyone I can..
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by peacesamuel94(m): 6:50am On Oct 24, 2018
Divepen1:
jWowww.. I'll send a mail to everyone I can..
. Please sir send d mail to promisemed7. I lost my previous gmail.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 6:52am On Oct 24, 2018
peacesamuel94:
. Please sir send d mail to promisemed7. I lost my previous gmail.
So far you've seen this, there's no need to send a mail to you na
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by peacesamuel94(m): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2018
Divepen1:
So far you've seen this, there's no need to send a mail to you na

Ok then.thanks
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by OMA4U(m): 8:27am On Oct 24, 2018
Good morning, can I still join the competition? Divepen1
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2018
OMA4U:
Good morning, can I still join the competition? Divepen1
So sorry. Probably, the next one
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2018
I am missing here!
how I wish Drabeey was HERE!
please mention me to join next time, thanks
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by MissWrite(f): 10:20am On Oct 28, 2018
Nice one. This should be interesting.

Keenly following....
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 8:28am On Oct 30, 2018
Please,if you're yet to submit your entry, please do remember you have to Nov 2 ,( Grace period)..

Divepen1:
Contestants

Youngzubi

juininho

MisterRuk

meneski

GSteve001

Heryordele94

Daysam007
devilmaycry
DrDreWise
Kusibe77
Missnande

Thewriter2018
peacesamuel94
Generica
Firstgentleman1
olatunyemi
KimberlyWest

Tbekz
duch12
Jazmiynne
Frankenstein
babtoundey

spidey77
vivypretty
Divineroyalty
SenhorSean
OluwabuqqyYOLO

EVarn
piroux
rafindo
Atayis
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 11:15am On Nov 01, 2018
Divepen1:
Contestants
Youngzubi
juininho
MisterRuk
meneski
GSteve001
Heryordele94
Daysam007 devilmaycry DrDreWise Kusibe77 Missnande
Thewriter2018 peacesamuel94 Generica Firstgentleman1 olatunyemi KimberlyWest
Tbekz duch12 Jazmiynne Frankenstein babtoundey
spidey77 vivypretty Divineroyalty SenhorSean OluwabuqqyYOLO

Tomorrow is the final entry date..
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by lekkxydinho: 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2018
Divepen1:

Tomorrow is the final entry date..
Bro, i nominated TheBlessedman but you didn't include him in your call-up post . Why na

1 Like

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
lekkxydinho:
Bro, i nominated TheBlessedman but you didn't include him in your call-up post . Why na
Entry is not by nomination. It's by declaration.
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Divepen1(m): 6:00am On Nov 02, 2018
Divepen1:
Contestants
Youngzubi
juininho
MisterRuk
meneski
GSteve001
Heryordele94
Daysam007 devilmaycry DrDreWise Kusibe77 Missnande
Thewriter2018 peacesamuel94 Generica Firstgentleman1 olatunyemi KimberlyWest
Tbekz duch12 Jazmiynne Frankenstein babtoundey
spidey77 vivypretty Divineroyalty SenhorSean OluwabuqqyYOLO

You have till 11:59 Pm for your final submission
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Frankenstein: 8:41am On Nov 15, 2018
Fighter

“Clear!”

The defibrillator hummed and jolted me. My mind flashed.

Mummy had warned me about following strangers to their house, but it’d been Bayo who’d taught me fractions and called me ‘Liddle one'.

I’d tried to push him off, but my 9-year-old body proved weak. He’d pinned me on his mattress.

But something had roared in me; Something unnatural.

I’d then bit, scratched, screamed. I was being battered but I’d fought, and I’d won, while he fled scared.

Two weeks later, I woke up in the ICU. Bayo had been caught and the Media was calling me Fighter Girl.

Cc Divepen
Cc Royver

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
The guardian

“...don't do this Maggie! Have mercy on me..,” Ada pleaded-Tears streaming down her cheeks.

Maggie pulled the gun at her face and smirked, “I warned you to stay away from Paul; He is mine but you won't listen.”

“I won't talk to him ever.”

“Haha too late bitch- Just Say your last prayers.”

Ada fell to her knees expecting the worst.

Suddenly, a loud bang followed by a thud erupted.

Ada opened her eyes to see Maggie lying in her own pool of blood. Someone had shot maggie but she didn't see.

She rose up and took to her heels.

Cc Divepen1
Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by peacesamuel94(m): 3:25pm On Nov 15, 2018
CRIME PANGS.

The hunger I felt then was different, gnawing. It was the kind driven, not just by the benign lack of
food, but by the even deadlier absence of the hope for food. I sought salvation from the goodly
Illusions of sleep, it did not come.The torment layed open like engraving in stone.

"Hunger Cannot kill a man", Baba says. And I never doubted Until then. Sleep had forsaken me. And Baba too.

So I had gone out, bearing emptiness in my belly, the intention to steal in my mind.

It was how I ended in the Police net.

Cc Divepen1

AudreyTimms

3 Likes

Re: Writertain Writers League (instruction And Discussion Thread) by Generica(m): 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hundred Days of Thunder

It was the culture and practice of the Mulele people of the Red Forest. With red leaves wrapped around their waist, they danced in circles, chanting a tune. The song spoke of past ages, the time of long ago when brother knew brother and sky married earth. It was a strain that reminded one of the ancient time and its religion.

Ufundugu, the leader of the tribe, emerged from the trees. He sent out a terrifying ululation and there was an instant clap of thunder. So frightening were they that a woman often fell and died.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jacob's Curse / Best Nigerian Novel U Eva Read? / Short Fiction: Man’s Not Hot.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.