Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics (71100 Views)

Driver Arrested For Stealing Boss N3.5m Van & Selling It For N450k / EFCC Returns $4040 To Brazilian Lady Scammed By Yahoo Boy / "I Still Love My Scammer" - White Lady Scammed By Ekpoma Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Springsdy456958(m): 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2018
wengerman:
let her report the case to efcc,if the culprit can't be arrested then the culprit will never use bank again because all his account will be flagged because of bvn.the culprit denied banking in this age and time will be the greatest punishment.
and you think that account provided is a legit account. It's a doom account opened using Fulani or beggars... You can't track the real identity of the person pulling out the money from the account.
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by nastynic(m): 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2018
Maga don Pay grin grin grin
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by pacificom: 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
CastedDude:
A Nigerian man has taken to social media to lament after his sister based in the United States was scammed by fraudsters. It was gathered that the Nigerian lady who lives, works and studies in California was duped her a total of $1300 (over N450,000) which she sent via a first bank account in Nigeria.

Below is the story of how the Nigerian lady was duped as shared by Remi Adeoye. 

My sis said the guy sent her Facebook friend request and went on to start sending her some messages. She cautioned him and even blocked him for about three weeks. She later decided to unblock him only for him to send her a message shortly afterwards. She asked him whom he was and he introduced himself as Desmond Akunwa from Ugwashiuku in Delta State.

He claimed to be living in the same state with my sister in the United States. He told a lot stories and claimed he was single He said he was interested in my sister. He equally claimed he was working with a company in California

He later brought a woman from Naija into the picture, claiming she was his mother. The supposed mother started calling my sister very regularly and they later brought a little girl of six into the picture too. The girl according to them was a child from a relationship he had when he came to Naija and just slept with the girl and got her pregnant.That the lady died while giving birth and the small girl now lives with his mom

The were always sounding so religious and pious

The woman was already talking to my sister like her daughter in-law. Too many stories. My sister asked the guy that they meet and he accepted to visit by 10th of this month. He claimed to be building house in his village and was sending his mom money for the house He said he sent some money to his mom for procuring tiles for the house and the mom went and withdrew the money on Wednesday.

Then on Thursday early morning, the mom called my sister and was crying that armed robbers came to their house, carted away the money, shot their gate-man dead, shot the small girl and made away with her car. She said the girl was bleeding profusely and needed to be rushed to the hospital. Mean while the guy had earlier claimed to be going on a training program outside his state of residence sent him by the company where he works and that he won't be very free because of the training.

I told my sister to let me know of any move she is making with the guy so I can advise her and we had been doing it that way. I told her they might be scammers but let us see where they were headed Even when she told me of the Armed robbery incident, I quickly alerted her that it was a pure scam. That this is their usual pattern. I warned her very strongly not to send any money.

But they continued pressuring her with the issue of the little girl's life being at stake, and the guy crying to her to help him send them the money that he would refund her when he came out from the training program. She later sent them the money into a Nigerian first bank account they gave her. They were even asking her for more money but she got angry and now told me a little about the more money and I warned her strongly not to yield. And she didn't send more money.

Since then both the supposed mother and the guy have stopped calling her. The guy only sends text once in a while. 
I asked her to tell the guy to refund her the money because she has emergency. The guy agreed but subsequently stopped picking her calls.

I feel bad because I encouraged her to give the guy a chance. I said so because I really want her to get married and she has been having wrong people coming into her life for too long. But I equally warned her not to do any financial dealings with them without letting me know.

It appears as if juju was involved (although I don't so much believe in juju). She said she was very restless when they were asking for that money because of the little girl's life being at stake, that it was after she sent the money that she then realized what she did.

The guy's fbk name is Akunwa Desmond. 

We have two foreign numbers he was using, his supposed mom's Nigerian number, the first bank account number that the monies were transferred to, and the little girls photograph.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/10/nigerian-lady-based-in-us-scammed-by-fraudsters-see-how-they-did-it.html
Love thy neighbour as thy self does not mean you must love up with one fuckin ghost you never met before. That's what they call love in the air. Stop being a love bird.
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Oyerinde16(m): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
Anyone that says he can't be scammed but lost money to MMM, GHWW, or PONZI is MÅDËR Than MĀD
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by andyanders: 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
An old story.
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by musicwriter(m): 12:19am On Oct 11, 2018
It appears as if juju was involved (although I don't so much believe in juju).

Of course, it is juju. But I wish people understood the science of juju.

Juju is a system of mind control, and that's what 419 is.

Our ancestors understood how the mind works and could make people believe certain things, but it's all an illusion. That practice is a science, but of course we have lost most of the knowledge.

I don't know who this happened to, but if you go using what you assume as the authentic "juju" you're in for another round of scam.

To control the mind of an African via language, education and religion is the worst thing that has ever happened on earth. It shouldn't be possible!!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Simbrixton(m): 12:53am On Oct 11, 2018
Igbo defraud yooba dese one loud
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Ategberoson(m): 1:02am On Oct 11, 2018
she had learnt her own lesson, she should move on already

a man you get married to can leave you talkless of faceless guy, she's really a dummy for sending money to a faceless guy and during the convo she didn't do video call to captured his face. why feel comfortable chatting with someone without insisting on video call? a learned and naija for that matter fall because of lack of sense
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by ndindiatu: 1:27am On Oct 11, 2018
I base in USA. A single lady. No try to mention money to me as per ask me for money. The girl Na ode. She dey crase. Me wey from South Africa enter USA which format u wan bring naw
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Tocco(m): 2:06am On Oct 11, 2018
Hmmm.. Get a police report and You can send a mail to First Bank and petition EFCC.. They'll freeze the account.. Start from there..

CastedDude:
A Nigerian man has taken to social media to lament after his sister based in the United States was scammed by fraudsters. It was gathered that the Nigerian lady who lives, works and studies in California was duped her a total of $1300 (over N450,000) which she sent via a first bank account in Nigeria.

My sis said the guy sent her Facebook friend request and went on to start sending her some messages. She cautioned him and even blocked him for about three weeks. She later decided to unblock him only for him to send her a message shortly afterwards. She asked him whom he was and he introduced himself as Desmond Akunwa from Ugwashiuku in Delta State.

He claimed to be living in the same state with my sister in the United States. He told a lot stories and claimed he was single He said he was interested in my sister. He equally claimed he was working with a company in California

He later brought a woman from Naija into the picture, claiming she was his mother. The supposed mother started calling my sister very regularly and they later brought a little girl of six into the picture too. The girl according to them was a child from a relationship he had when he came to Naija and just slept with the girl and got her pregnant.That the lady died while giving birth and the small girl now lives with his mom

The woman was already talking to my sister like her daughter in-law. Too many stories. My sister asked the guy that they meet and he accepted to visit by 10th of this month. He claimed to be building house in his village and was sending his mom money for the house He said he sent some money to his mom for procuring tiles for the house and the mom went and withdrew the money on Wednesday.

Then on Thursday early morning, the mom called my sister and was crying that armed robbers came to their house, carted away the money, shot their gate-man dead, shot the small girl and made away with her car. She said the girl was bleeding profusely and needed to be rushed to the hospital. Mean while the guy had earlier claimed to be going on a training program outside his state of residence sent him by the company where he works and that he won't be very free because of the training.

I told my sister to let me know of any move she is making with the guy so I can advise her and we had been doing it that way. I told her they might be scammers but let us see where they were headed Even when she told me of the Armed robbery incident, I quickly alerted her that it was a pure scam. That this is their usual pattern. I warned her very strongly not to send any money.

But they continued pressuring her with the issue of the little girl's life being at stake, and the guy crying to her to help him send them the money that he would refund her when he came out from the training program. She later sent them the money into a Nigerian first bank account they gave her. They were even asking her for more money but she got angry and now told me a little about the more money and I warned her strongly not to yield. And she didn't send more money.

Since then both the supposed mother and the guy have stopped calling her. The guy only sends text once in a while. 
I asked her to tell the guy to refund her the money because she has emergency. The guy agreed but subsequently stopped picking her calls.

I feel bad because I encouraged her to give the guy a chance. I said so because I really want her to get married and she has been having wrong people coming into her life for too long. But I equally warned her not to do any financial dealings with them without letting me know.

It appears as if juju was involved (although I don't so much believe in juju). She said she was very restless when they were asking for that money because of the little girl's life being at stake, that it was after she sent the money that she then realized what she did.

We have two foreign numbers he was using, his supposed mom's Nigerian number, the first bank account number that the monies were transferred to, and the little girls photograph.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/10/nigerian-lady-based-in-us-scammed-by-fraudsters-see-how-they-did-it.html
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Agugbadin: 2:22am On Oct 11, 2018
foreshore:

IPOB's doing what they know best

Report this case to police and EFCC
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by ojukwu2074: 3:32am On Oct 11, 2018
exactly
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by femi4: 4:39am On Oct 11, 2018
Genniez:
Thanks for the info..many of us would be saying "I can't be scammed" hmm I hear u all oo it takes God's Grace not to b a victim...cos we can't b wise at all times...
Only desperate people get scammed. She was DESPERATE to get married. That was her weak point.

Don't be DESPERATE to get anything in this life, that way.....you can't be scammed

3 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 11, 2018
What a world we are in! I really pity the lady, she trusted too much and it backfired. But then please don't bring FirstBank into this.... that's the best bank
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Just2endowed2(m): 6:19am On Oct 11, 2018
ndindiatu:
I base in USA. A single lady. No try to mention money to me as per ask me for money. The girl Na ode. She dey crase. Me wey from South Africa enter USA which format u wan bring naw

Anyone can fall for scam though it's a psychological way of manipulating the mind. We should pray not to encounter any of this cursed soul.

The victim should report to the police and efcc. That account need to be blacklisted first.

2 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 11, 2018
dominique:

This format had been in existence for over five years naa, I don't expect anybody to fall for it anymore this day and age.
Including desperados?
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by franchasng: 7:15am On Oct 11, 2018
She made a mistake. Since he said he lived in US also, she ought to have insisted they meet in person first before further relationship talks.

If he had said he lives in Nigeria or another far away country then it can be understood but someone living in the same country with u, hell no na!

Nowadays, it is advisable if u meet someone online for relationship or dating, try as much as u can to meet them in real life before doing any financial dealings with them.

How can it take u months to meet with a guy u are dating who lives in the same country with u; an advanced country like US for that matter that taking a flight isn't much of a big deal.

Even if the guy claims to be too busy to come, since u have made up your mind to date him for keeps, take the pains, make out time and get a ticket and fly to his state and meet him in an open mall or cafe or sth.

Video calls is also important. Not Skype or Facebook video call that can be manipulated but WhatsApp video call.

Lastly this is to all single ladies reading this, listen up!

When a guy is dating a lady and has future plans for her, he will never beg her for money or financial help. He will even reject such if the lady offers. All men have ego and men don't play with their ego. Once a man likes u and thinking future with u, he will hardly ask u for money, he would prefer to borrow from his male friends than from u his lady.

This is how majority of reasonable guys act.

Whenever u meet a guy and he's always complaining of being broke, asking u for one favor or another and always trying to lure u into spending on him, sister run u just met either a jigolo, a playboy or a scammer!

3 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Maket: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2018
Since you have the account no, go to EFCC and they will have his details through his BVN.
The phone no might be pre-registered and the picture might be that of a late child but the BVN can be of a great help
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by matinco5(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Robjnr(m): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2018
Chai...take heart oh
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 11, 2018
I have heard this story before from another victim only that she was here in Nigeria and the guy claimed to be abroad and his alleged mother was somewhere in a remote village . Sorry about her ordeal. Scammers are making it difficult to trust people these days and its saddening.

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Johnsown1(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2018
Send me your sister's contact let me give her a key to my heart
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by munas: 9:26am On Oct 11, 2018
franchasng:
She made a mistake. Since he said he lived in US also, she ought to have insisted they meet in person first before further relationship talks.

If he had said he lives in Nigeria or another far away country then it can be understood but someone living in the same country with u, hell no na!

Nowadays, it is advisable if u meet someone online for relationship or dating, try as much as u can to meet them in real life before doing any financial dealings with them.

How can it take u months to meet with a guy u are dating who lives in the same country with u; an advanced country like US for that matter that taking a flight isn't much of a big deal.

Even if the guy claims to be too busy to come, since u have made up your mind to date him for keeps, take the pains, make out time and get a ticket and fly to his state and meet him in an open mall or cafe or sth.

Video calls is also important. Not Skype or Facebook video call that can be manipulated but WhatsApp video call.

Lastly this is to all single ladies reading this, listen up!

When a guy is dating a lady and has future plans for her, he will never beg her for money or financial help. He will even reject such if the lady offers. All men have ego and men don't play with their ego. Once a man likes u and thinking future with u, he will hardly ask u for money, he would prefer to borrow from his male friends than from u his lady.

This is how majority of reasonable guys act.

Whenever u meet a guy and he's always complaining of being broke, asking u for one favor or another and always trying to lure u into spending on him, sister run u just met either a jigolo, a playboy or a scammer!

You do not understand how they operate...

This is a strong emotional scam.

Even if you like in the same country like say Nigeria,they can still scam the person,so far as they have your emotions.

Now...his mum(fake) is involved and his daughter(fake) from his late wife.

The fake daughter will start calling the lady mummy and beg her to marry her father and be her step mother.
She will be calling like 3 times a day,making same request.
The fake mum too will also be calling and say since her son lost his wife,he has never loved any woman apart from her.

With all this attention(women love attention) and words,she will become emotionally vulnerable.

Even if both of you are in Nigeria and you ask him to visit,he will agree.

On the agreed date,he will call and tell you he is on his way,driving to your city and both of you will even pray for safe journey
After like 4 hours,he will call to tell you that he had an accident at ore(example) and the keke/okada man involved is dead and the police are holding him.

He will claim to have spend all he has and cant withdraw.

He will beg you to help him kill the case with 250k or he goes to prison.
The account number of a police man will be sent to you(419 account)

The daughter and mum will be calling and crying.

Since the person is already emotionally attached,it is easy to send the money to save his ass.

The person gets scammed....

It is a very potent scam.

5 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by EazyMoh(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2018
SixDividedByTwo:
this can happen to anyone, especially if you've a kind heart
More like a kind heart and a gullible disposition.
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 11, 2018
can't dis people be traced with the alc name and number she paid d money into..... or is that an impossible thing to do?.... just asking though
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Bonapart(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2018
kenzysmith:
the question we should be asking is, who the nigerian lady base in us done epp??
you guys will never show pity... yahoo boy you are

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Mermaida(f): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2018
Seahawk:
Her kind heart made her a victim. Don’t insult her or make fun of her or call her desperate

Your right. Thank u
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Dearestme(f): 11:45am On Oct 11, 2018
CastedDude:

oh!my God this same bastard chatted me up on fb and told me almost exactly the same thing, but the name he used was micheal okafor....i gave it to him hot hot, because I knew he was a bloody scammer from the beginning, and im not desperate.... He said he's a single dad and the mother of his daughter died 3years back and his going fr training in the United States.... God will expose the idiot soon...i wish i could share our convo.... I gave him the insult of his life and he blocked me.... Sorry your sister fell fr it

2 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2018
If you come with a pure mind and willing to marry them, tell them you are in Nigeria and hoping to relocate to marry them, they will block your ass, two people have done that to me already and I decided to maintain my lane, but when a fraudster comes to them, they quickly jump at it! Then get disappointed and start crying foul!! Mtchew
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by TheCongo2: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2018
MajorJeffery:
The girl is a fool raised to power hundred. The guy said he lived in the same States with her yet she didn't bother to pay him a visit or he paid her. What phone number did he text her with or they were just doing everything on Facebook?

Do you know how big is California?
I have chatted with people for long time and never meet them but we live in the same city.
As for the phone number, didnt you know that you can have a number from anywhere in the world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Cameroonian Women Spotted Fighting Over A Man (Photos) / N525m Fraud: Court Sentences Scales Olatunji To 235 Years In Prison / POS Operator Receives Fake Bundles Of Money From A Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.