Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) (663 Views)

Meteorite In Somalia Turns Out To Have 2 Minerals That Are Not Found On Earth / 15-Year-Old Boy Hooks A Rare Giant Albino Catfish In Tennessee, US (Photos) / Rare Mutant Two-Headed Rattlesnake Found In Arizona, US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by Rickyrick: 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2018

A moon rock found in Mauritania, Africa weighing about 5.5kg (12lb), which is made up of six fragments, and the largest piece weighing about 3kg, and displays “partial fusion crust”, a coating created by the heat that sears the rock as it goes through the atmosphere.

It is to be auctioned in Boston, America, and is said to be one of the biggest pieces of the Moon to be put up for sale. The auction is going to be online and is going to run from 11th October – 18th October.

According to report, it could go for $500,000 (£380,000) or more in the US auction. It is said to have plunged into the Earth thousands of years ago.

RR’s executive vice-president, Robert Livingston said:

“This is the only way a private collector can get their hands on a piece of the Moon, because the Moon rocks brought back by astronauts are US government property.”
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2018/10/11/moon-meteorite-found-in-africa-to-be-auctioned-in-usphotos-7/

Re: Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by Rickyrick: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2018

1 Share

Re: Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by Shelloween(m): 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
Wow.

But God, why didn't this one mistakenly fall for my compound? Abi my forefathers juju no gree?
Re: Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by ArchangeLucifer: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
If it doesn't light up in the dark then it's fake. angry

How are we sure it's not the same rock Oduduwa shattered his conehead on when he was thrown out of Heaven for trying to mine an angel's skull?

*spits angry
Re: Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by nepapole(m): 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
waoowww
Re: Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by ArchangeLucifer: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
Shelloween:
Wow.

But God, why didn't this one mistakenly fall for my compound? Abi my forefathers juju no gree?

Even if it did, would you have recognized it as moonstone?

Abi you go don use am stone lizard since 1999... grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by Shelloween(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
ArchangeLucifer:

Even if it did, would you have recognized it as moonstone?

Abi you go don use am stone lizard since 1999... grin grin
Lol. You are right Lucifer.. But don't quote me next time. Last thing I need right now is Satan quoting me. I have enough trouble in my life already
BTW, how is Babangida?
Re: Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by kolafolabi(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2018
God is great...

2 Likes

Re: Moon Meteorite Found In Africa & To Be Auctioned In Us(photos) by announcement: 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2018
Shelloween:
Wow.

Even if it falls inside your kitchen na your hand you go take throw way am for dustbin because I doubt if u go sabi how a meteorite rock looks like. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Enjoy Glo N200 For 10gb And N100 For 5gb / OST To PST Converter Download Free / What Did Fermilab Discover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.