Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Please Advice... Certificate/bsc - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advice... Certificate/bsc (276 Views)

Please Advice, My 15years Old Son Was Rejected By LASU Based On Age / I Missed A Re-scheduled Exam Because I was Late. Please advice / Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice... Certificate/bsc by Bestatit: 6:14am On Oct 12, 2018
Good day everyone, please I'm in dilemma, I need advice from mature people.

I'm 38years old, married with 3 kids, a professional graphic designer with over 15years of experience. I'm running my own company (which I started last year) with annual income of about 2.5 to 3m.

It has always being my dreams to settle together with my family in Canada/USA. A friend of mine living in US advice me to come to the state, he assured me of making it over there in no time because of my professionalism in the field. Uncle of mine living in UK shared the same view. But asked if I have any certificates, he said without certificate I won't go far, stressing that no matter how good I am, I'll be under people who have certificate in the same field.

The issue now is this, I have no certificate in graphic design, no B.Sc (I didn't attend any university). Spent the time acquiring skills in graphic design which I thought was better for me then.

I visited NIIT ikeja on Monday. I asked one of the managers if it's possible for me to get certificate in graphic design without attending the classes, he said no.

I was contemplating of obtaining National Open University form but it would take me 4-5 years before I can acquire my BSc. I can't wait that far before travelling.

Please, I need serious advice, the best advice I could get. Is there any better approach /way to this issue? How do go about obtaining Certificate in Graphic Design and BSc?

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Please help a brother push this to the front page. I've been a member of this forum since 2005 (nairalist) this's first time I'm begging my post to be on fp.
Re: Please Advice... Certificate/bsc by beautygboel(f): 6:26am On Oct 12, 2018
Am a graphic designer too but not as good as you. I've not heard of any professional certificate in graphic design except all this online training like Linda.com. I think a certificate in computer science can cover for it but that is at least a four years course. If you really want to travel, you can work and school over there easily I guess, just ask your friend to find a school there for you.
Re: Please Advice... Certificate/bsc by Bestatit: 8:49am On Oct 12, 2018
beautygboel:
Am a graphic designer too but not as good as you. I've not heard of any professional certificate in graphic design except all this online training like Linda.com. I think a certificate in computer science can cover for it but that is at least a four years course. If you really want to travel, you can work and school over there easily I guess, just ask your friend to find a school there for you.

Thank you. There's certificate in multimedia course, graphic design is one of them.
Re: Please Advice... Certificate/bsc by Bestatit: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2018
Lalasticlala pls help a brother. I need more view

(1) (Reply)

Assignment / Application Of Mathematics To Daily Lives / Adamawa State University 2018/2019 Admission List,3rd Bacth Released Call 070373

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.