Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York (41050 Views)

Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Boeing 777X: Boeing Unveils World's Longest Passenger Plane(Pics) / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Automotive1(m): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2018

Singapore Airlines has reclaimed the title for the world’s longest commercial flight with the relaunch of its 9,534 mile Singapore to New York route.

The Airline cancelled the Singapore to New York direct flights in 2013 due to high oil prices .

The brand new A350-900 ULR (ULR for ultra-long-range) 161-passenger aircraft used for this record-breaking 18.45 hours non-stop journey (under normal condition) departed yesterday Oct. 11 with 150 passengers and 17 crew .

This flight time is over 45 minutes longer than Qatar Airways’ Doha to Auckland route - the previous longest non-stop journey . The distance and flight time varies with headwinds,tailwinds,weather condition and aircraft's model.

All 67 business class seats were fully booked while the 94 premium economy seats had limited number of seats left. Both classes of seats have a return flight that starts from £3,805 (N1.8m) and £1,230(N591k) per person respectively. There will be no economy class on this route .

The business class passengers will get a bed space, two meals they can request to eat at anytime and refreshments in between, while the Premium economy passengers will get two meals at fixed times plus snacks.

Free WiFi and an extra 200 hours of films and TV shows are available onboard each Singapore to New York flight that will initially run three times a week while daily operations starts on October 18 after a second Airbus A350-900 enters service.

What do you think?

https://autojosh.com/worlds-longest-non-stop-passenger-flight-takes-off-from-singapore-to-new-york/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Okpueze1(m): 11:25am On Oct 12, 2018
When you have progressive minds in the helm of affairs.
We don't even have a national carrier in Nigeria.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by izzou(m): 11:27am On Oct 12, 2018
angry

There would be no economy class on this route? angry angry

Rubbish angry

Let me go to Edo state and board something faster and cheaper

Nonsense angry

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Tinocosta17(m): 11:33am On Oct 12, 2018
Congrats....
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by kasynlives: 11:35am On Oct 12, 2018
that's massive mehn

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by matuskyoo7(m): 11:52am On Oct 12, 2018
O boy see journey

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Akorkor(f): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2018
Very long Journey. I recently flew Emirate to Los Angeles last week and its 16hrs long and it was hell. Whereas, Turkish airline was a just 12hrs distance to the same location.

Flying too long has a very bad side effect like swollen legs, high blood pressure et al. So I won't even recommend this to my enemy.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2018
Looong journey, better country with better mindset.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Timekeeper: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
Akorkor:
Very long Journey. I recently flew Emirate to Los Angeles last week and its 16hrs long and it was hell. Whereas, Turkish airline was a just 12hrs distance to the same location.

Flying too long has a very bad side effect like swollen legs, high blood pressure et al. So I won't even recommend this to my enemy.

Hmmmm

4 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by hisexcellency34: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
Nothing special. Normal thing here in Nigeria
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
Old News.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Timekeeper: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
For Singapore airline carrier, click like
For naija airline carrier, click share

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by rusher14: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
Akorkor:

Not so sure you were in Business class.

11 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Racoon(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
See the world already attained the peak of aviation technology & still advancing while Nigeria is spending a whooping #1.2B to launch the logo of a fraudulent imaginary national airline with the fraudsters still seated in government.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by bedspread: 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2018
Okpueze1:
When you have progressive minds in the helm of affairs.
We don't even have a national carrier in Nigeria.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by GOFRONT(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
When is it coming to Nigeria??
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Opinionated: 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
Flight for months without re-fueling is the Impulse II

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by dessz(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
Common from Lagos to Benin I vomited 3 times cos of motion sickness, just thinking of the 18hrs of non stop flight.. Makes me wanna throw up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by ijemishkisic(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
Wonderful!

On the morning of 9 August 1965, the Parliament of Malaysia voted 126–0 in favor of a constitutional amendment expelling Singapore from the federation due to political and economic dispute; hours later, the Parliament of Singapore passed the Republic of Singapore Independence Act, establishing the island as an independent and sovereign republic.

The vision of Lee Kuan Yew still on course. Singapore got independence in 1965 and transited from 3rd world to a 1st world nation, while "Naijigidiria" is still over-developing since 1960.... Chai!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by tabisegroup(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
How can I book for two.?
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by daben1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
Akorkor:

"akorkor" pepper?
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
They'd better have ping-pong or snooker tables in there otherwise I'd run mad out of boredom.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Tekecoms1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
Jetlag is there portion for that long flight.
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by wickyyolo: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
rusher14:

Not so sure you were in Business class.

Economy class and she is complaining grin

2 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by adeniyi3971(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
it must always involve the Americans

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by fishbone123(m): 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2018
one day and very soon i will travel to dubai by air.... God remember me now..

3 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
Akorkor:

From where did you took off ?
Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Atiku2019: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
Atiku hope you are watching?

2019 Sure
cool

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Ellixlimswag(m): 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2018
flew this thing last week mehn... you can even buy gala for air

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Afonja007: 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2018
izzou:
angry

There would be no economy class on this route? angry angry

Rubbish angry

Let me go to Edo state and board something faster and cheaper

Nonsense angry
edo airways na im me dey use their food good rice and human tongue

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
cool

Richard Quest of CNN is part of the flight.

2 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-stop Passenger Flight Takes Off From Singapore To New York by fishbone123(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
GOFRONT:
When is it coming to Nigeria??
,... coming to do wat in nigeria... i

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport / Tour Of Nigerian Ports Authority In Port Harcourt: Pix & Video / Mother In Tears As Speeding Vehicle Crushes Her Child To Death. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.