Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) (29960 Views)

Joseph Yobo Officially Resumes Duty As New Super Eagles Assistant Coach (Photos) / Diego Maradona Dances In Dressing Room After First Win As Gimnasia Coach(Photos) / Diego Maradona In Tears As Thousands Of Fans Welcome Him As New Coach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Gisthoodng(m): 11:41am On Oct 13, 2018
Thierry Henry has been confirmed as the new manager of Ligue 1 club AS Monaco as he ventures in football management at his former club.

Monaco sacked Leonardo Jardim on Thursday and Henry rejected the offer to coach Aston Villa and will now leave his role as Belgium head coach assistant.

Monaco confirmed Henry is the new manager on Twitter on Saturday morning with Monaco posting a photo of him in the early stages of his playing career with the messages '#He'sComingHome' and '#ForeverMonaco'.

Jardim had led Monaco to the French title in 2017 but last year's Ligue 1 runners-up have struggled this season.

They currently sit 18th in the table having picked up only one win in all competitions.

In a club statement, Henry said: 'In the first place, I thank AS Monaco for giving me the opportunity to coach the team of this club which is so special to me.

'I am very happy to come back to AS Monaco and extremely determined to meet the challenges ahead. I can not wait to meet the players to start working together.'

Henry also posted a heartfelt message on Instagram.

He added: 'I was fortunate to receive some very attractive offers over the last few months but Monaco will also be close to my heart.

'Having started my footballing career with this great club, it seems like fate that I will now begin my managerial career here too.'

Source:>>https://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/10/forevermonaco-thierry-henry-confirmed.html

cc: lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 13, 2018
Igweeeeee!

May God be with you as you continue to gain vast coaching experience. Your resting place is at the Emirates where you will coach for many more years

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Valro(m): 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
Wish you success Igwe. I like people to succeed

14 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Valro(m): 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by ArchangeLucifer: 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2018
Valro:
I like people to succeed

Then you & I have nothing in common. angry

6 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Wasky101: 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
Igwe, what a fine young player he was, wished he spent most part of his career at a more successful club

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
Rubbish your mate started with a top notch team not underdogs Monaco

I wish you failure since you don't want to start your career in a big way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by rozayx5(m): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
Monaco just got thousands bof fans from arsenal

cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by rozayx5(m): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

Get a life or stfu

Is Monaco a small club?

23 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by pellyroger: 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
Good luck Henry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by millionboi2: 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
Good one
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
rozayx5:

Get a life or stfu

Is Monaco a small club?
is Monaco a big club? Nitwit

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by okotv(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
congratulations legend Henry, wish you success..

Monaco should not expect miracles though as he is still a rookie in the coaching arena

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by heed101(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

Didinrin

2 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by millionboi2: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

Champions starts small and rise to d top.

Mumu.

9 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2018
millionboi2:
Champions starts small and rise to d top.

Mumu.
where did Zidane started from? Oversabi
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by henrixx(m): 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2018
Cool my namesake

Samsung s9 plus for sale 165k
Check my signature
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by millionboi2: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
where did Zidane started from? Oversabi
he is Henry not Zidane

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by drshrewd: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2018
Igweeeeeee!!!
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
millionboi2:
he is Henry not Zidane
oversabi. I know but he should be like a champion not starting from underdogs

He's gonna fail
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by perdollar(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
Wasky101:
Igwe, what a fine young player he was, wished he spent most part of his career at a more successful club
wat do u mean? is arenal not successful than all d EPL clubs put together? mind ursef oga
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by allanphash7(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
Igwee
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2018
Gisthoodng:
Thierry Henry has been confirmed as the new manager of Ligue 1 club AS Monaco as he ventures in football management at his former club.

Monaco sacked Leonardo Jardim on Thursday and Henry rejected the offer to coach Aston Villa and will now leave his role as Belgium head coach assistant.

Monaco confirmed Henry is the new manager on Twitter on Saturday morning with Monaco posting a photo of him in the early stages of his playing career with the messages '#He'sComingHome' and '#ForeverMonaco'.

Jardim had led Monaco to the French title in 2017 but last year's Ligue 1 runners-up have struggled this season.

They currently sit 18th in the table having picked up only one win in all competitions.

In a club statement, Henry said: 'In the first place, I thank AS Monaco for giving me the opportunity to coach the team of this club which is so special to me.

'I am very happy to come back to AS Monaco and extremely determined to meet the challenges ahead. I can not wait to meet the players to start working together.'

Henry also posted a heartfelt message on Instagram.

He added: 'I was fortunate to receive some very attractive offers over the last few months but Monaco will also be close to my heart.

'Having started my footballing career with this great club, it seems like fate that I will now begin my managerial career here too.'

Source:>>https://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/10/forevermonaco-thierry-henry-confirmed.html

cc: lalasticlala

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by massingale(m): 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2018
Ode ni e!

Princeofnigeria:

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by mayze: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

His mate like lampard coaching derby,terry-Aston villa,giggs-Wales, Gerrard-rangers etc..you are yarning dust.sure u don't know anything about football

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Nbote(m): 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
Igwe of Monaco... Go make us proud
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by kenzysmith: 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

what is this one saying is monaco not his ist ever coaching job . when you finish for uni dem give you manager of a big company abi ,u no start from some were. with this comment self i doubt weda you even go sec school self , my guy better go find iron sponge and key soap make you carry razor blade barb your hair skin cut just run go the nearest river go wash your head weda sense go enter ode

4 Likes

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Horus(m): 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2018
Thierry Henry is the new Monaco manager

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Larryslim(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
Princeofnigeria:

Tell me his mates that started with a top notch team??
Asides Zidane,who else??..
And who told you Monaco is a small team??
They won Ligue1 title last season and went on to the SF of the UCL.
So what you saying?
Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Saheed9: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
Igweeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry Confirmed As New AS Monaco Coach (Photos) by Larryslim(m): 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2018
perdollar:
wat do u mean? is arenal not successful than all d EPL clubs put together? mind ursef oga
You're mad for this statement??
If ManU give arsenal half of their trophies,they'll still have more than them!..
Not to add L'pool and Chelsea..
You're mad but you don't have anyone to tell you!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam, Ahmed Musa's Daughter Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos) / EPL Bids Mike Dean Farewell / Nojim Maiyegun Nigerias 1st Ever Olympic Medalist Who Is Blind &Lives In Austria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.