Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,601 members, 7,865,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

Despite My Age I Still Want To Study Medicine - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Despite My Age I Still Want To Study Medicine (692 Views)

Should I Apply For Medicine Considering My Age? / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite My Age I Still Want To Study Medicine by Handsme(m): 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2018
i am a graduate of biochemistry for over 5 years currently residing in Lagos. all my life i had always wanted to study medicine now i feel unfulfilled as the days goes by cos i feel am not doing what i really want to do with my life. am 28 years old . now i know a lot of you will wonder and say hey why not go for m.s.c and do Ur phd if all u crave for is just to be called a doctor, please before u say that kindly hold on do u know there is a room for dream satisfaction irrespective of how much u worth at the moment now am scared of growing old and regreting that i dint do what i really wanted i need honest advice from u all how do i go about it thanks all i look foward to ur positive responses
Re: Despite My Age I Still Want To Study Medicine by frbona: 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
Handsme:
i am a graduate of biochemistry for over 5 years currently residing in Lagos. all my life i had always wanted to study medicine now i feel unfulfilled as the days goes by cos i feel am not doing what i really want to do with my life. am 28 years old . now i know a lot of you will wonder and say hey why not go for m.s.c and do Ur phd if all u crave for is just to be called a doctor, please before u say that kindly hold on do u know there is a room for dream satisfaction irrespective of how much u worth at the moment now am scared of growing old and regreting that i dint do what i really wanted i need honest advice from u all how do i go about it thanks all i look foward to ur positive responses
follow your dreams nigga
Thank me after your induction
Re: Despite My Age I Still Want To Study Medicine by rentAcock(m): 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
Handsme:

You want to do medicine, what advice do you want again? Go and do it na, why should total strangers advice you on your career path? Matter of fact I wouldn't even want you being my doctor because your indecisiveness can result in a loss of life.

2 Likes

Re: Despite My Age I Still Want To Study Medicine by ifyalways(f): 10:46am On Nov 13, 2018
Handsme:
Interesting times
Re: Despite My Age I Still Want To Study Medicine by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2018
Bullshit!!better go and learn a trade.passion my ass
Will passion pay your bills?No!
At 28 you still wanna go and learn something that might take you 10 yrs to complete,are you normal?
If you don't wanna continue your original trade,forget school and enter streets.
Na money be the final answer o!not some childish fulfillment!
Lastly,u are not forced to take my advise,kindly suit yourself.
Thanks
Re: Despite My Age I Still Want To Study Medicine by Jman06(m): 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2018
Go for it if you have the resources. Never mind the age thing! What's more important is you starting. Once you get started you would be shocked at how time would fly.

I was in your shoes some 3yrs ago (though 2 years younger), and looking back now, I don't regret making that decision.

Nothing beats studying a course that has relevant practical application in the society. Never mind those that would say that it doesn't matter what one studies! That's the greatest fallacy of our time!

(1) (Reply)

If You Can Climb Any Step In The Ladder, Attempt That Shape (mr Shape) / Undergraduate And Postgraduate Programs In Caleb University, Lagos / Basic Genomics And Bioinformatics Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.