Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

KAJURU: Kaduna LG With Only One PHC (with Pictures) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / KAJURU: Kaduna LG With Only One PHC (with Pictures) (420 Views)

Obaseki Health Reforms: Edo Boost Telemedicine, Phc With Fibre Optic Internet... / Ogun LGA Where Residents Lack Access To Healthcare As PHC Lies Fallow / Amuwo Odofin LGA Reportedly Replace Medical Staff At PHC With Private Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

KAJURU: Kaduna LG With Only One PHC (with Pictures) by lolanews: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2018
https://tracereport.com.ng/2018/10/15/kajuru-kaduna-lg-with-only-one-phc-with-pictures/
**Cries out for standard Primary Health Care Centre

**Pregnant women in the locality at high risk of Maternal Mortality because of the collapsed bridge connecting Geyenyere town to ten communities

By Lola Seriki- Idahosa, Kaduna, North- West, Nigeria. ….Despite the 77 upgraded Primary Health Cares (PHCs) throughout Kaduna state in the last three years of Governor Nasir El- Rufai Kajuru Local Government Area with over three hundred and fifty thousand (350,000) population has appealed to the state government to upgrade, expand its hospital to a standard one and also pleads for professional doctors.

A visit to Kajuru Local Government Area by a team of heath reporters shows that the small hospital cannot meet the demands of over hundred thousand women leaving in the area and lack health personnels.

Speaking with the Emir of Kajuru, Alhassan Adamu, appealed to Governor Nasir El- Rufai to upgrade the only PHC to a standard hospital, adding that the Local Government lacks professional doctors.

According to him, “We are happy to receive you here in this town. We are now having much problem as the state government is doing a lot to improve the lives of our people especially in the area of Education and Health, As we speak, the only PHC we have is very small with few nurses which is not enough to certal for the Local Government ”

The Emir who was worried about the size of the hospital, the bad roads, the collapsed bridge that have cut off about ten communities from the Local Government, also appealed to the state government to look into the issue of their collapse bridge that collapsed two months ago.

According to The Emir “Only few of Our children goes to school although in the past we have security challenges but that too has reduced drastically due to the measures taken by the government and security agencies, I appealed to people in the local government to embrace peace so as to move the area forward.

Speaking with some women in the area, Aisha Sabitu 30 year old housewife said she has been married for 18 years and gave birth to 7 children. Two of her children were delivered at home because labour started in the night and they are twins.

According to her, ” we do go for ante natal care during pregnancy period. Women in this village take it serious because of its importance. ” the children I gave birth at home happened at night so there was no way I will be rushed to hospital. We need hospital in this town because the only facility closed to the Local government secretariat is not enough looking at our population

Another Housewife Rabi Mohammed 35 years explained, “We need hospital in this village because out of my six children 3 were delivered at home a‎nd 3 at hospital. Personally I prefer to deliver at home even though I make sure I attend antenatal care. During antenatal we are taught how to take care of ourselves and also the unborn baby. Why some women don’t like going for antenatal was due to our bad road ‎and so we are appealing to government to help us.

Hassana Saidu 45 years old TBS in the community said personally she gave birth to eight children. 7 were delivered at home and one at hospital. After I realize w‎omen in this village faced lot of challenges during childbirth I decided to help.

Now for the past five years I helped women to deliver their babies safely. We are being trained by some of the health workers at the clinic on how to assist pregnant women. Years back we lost so many women in this village during childbirths but that has reduced now because it has been years we have not lost any woman to childbirth in this village and we thank God for that.

Hadiza lukman gave birth through CS after she was rushed to hospital and the workers were not on duty. ” I almost lost my life because I was in labour and the health workers were not on duty. That was around 8 am that very day. So, I was rushed to another PHC located in another village.

For more details, kindly click on the link above..

(1) (Reply)

Man Donates Blood To Dying Neighbour’s Son In Port Harcourt / Who Knows This Woman Who Became Unconscious While In A Taxi In Akwa Ibom?(pics / Sir You Can Treat Prostate Enlargement Naturally Without Going For Surgery!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.