Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Help On Html - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On Html (876 Views)

Free New E-book On HTML And CSS / [HELP] False Image File Passed On HTML IMG / Need Help On Html Mailto Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Html by olusogo2(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2010
Pls help me, i have some questions to ask.
1. How can i create a search index on my webpage using html.?
2. How can i use mathematical symbols in html.?
3. Why is it that, if we type texts in notepad, without using any tags or attributes, it will appear the same way? Please reply, it is very urgent.
Re: Help On Html by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2010
1. How can i create a search index on my webpage using html.? answer: you need to customize google search for your website.
You may find this link very useful. http://www.javascriptkit.com/search/search.php?zoom_query=search&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_and=1&zoom_sort=0&zoom_cat[]=-1

2. How can i use mathematical symbols in html.? You can use it in javascript, an addon to html.

3. Why is it that, if we type texts in notepad, without using any tags or attributes, it will appear the same way? Please reply, it is very urgent.
You need to learn html to do that.

To learn html fast, check out this tutorial on my website - http://.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=11&task=view.download&cid=15
I think you need to register on my website to download it
Re: Help On Html by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2010
*dhtml:

I think you need to register on my website to download it

You no longer even know if he needs to register to download something on your site
Re: Help On Html by olusogo2(m): 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2010
Thanks, pls i still need more answers. They are assignments that carries 40% of my result.
Re: Help On Html by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
You can search using html only in 2 ways:
a. You can register a webpage google search engine that will index your site and use google to search your site.
b. You can make use of a client-sided javascript search engine which is on that site i showed you earlier.
c. You can get some php/server sided scripts that will index your site to a dbase and do a proper search.
d. You can design your website with a content management system, they come with search capabilities

You can use arithmetic symbols by using javascript on your page
<html>
<head>
<title>My Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<script>
sum2=(5+10) * (100/5);
document.write(sum2);
</script>
</body>
</html>

This is because html will make the text flow, and will only use a line break if you make use of the <br> tag. Then also html will not put more than
one space between word unless you make use of &nbsp;
I am &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tony<br>
This is a new line

I think that should suffice. Have a nice day.
Re: Help On Html by Jencejyde(m): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2010
*dhtml:

You can search using html only in 2 ways:
a. You can register a webpage google search engine that will index your site and use google to search your site.
b. You can make use of a client-sided javascript search engine which is on that site i showed you earlier.
c. You can get some php/server sided scripts that will index your site to a dbase and do a proper search.
d. You can design your website with a content management system, they come with search capabilities

You can use arithmetic symbols by using javascript on your page
<html>
<head>
<title>My Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<script>
sum2=(5+10) * (100/5);
document.write(sum2);
</script>
</body>
</html>

This is because html will make the text flow, and will only use a line break if you make use of the <br> tag. Then also html will not put more than
one space between word unless you make use of &nbsp;
I am &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tony<br>
This is a new line

I think that should suffice. Have a nice day.

took the words right out of my mouth. Nice!

(1) (Reply)

Federal Min Of Finance Website - Is This A Good Baseline For Other Fg Websites? / President Goodluck Threatened By Anonymous And Naija Cyber Hacktivists / Which One Is Better For News And Info Site WP Or Joomla?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.