Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E (14635 Views)

Lesotho Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (2 - 4) Full Time / DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa / Libya Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 2 - 3 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by 13Ebiscoo: 7:01am On Oct 17, 2018
Super Eagles bid to qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Cameroon received another massive boost with 3-2 defeat of Mediterranean Knights of Libya in Sfax, Tunisia, yesterday.
The victory catapulted the three times African champions to top position in Group E following South Africa scoreless draw with Seychelles in the second match of the Group. The third successive win after a disappointing start against South Africa, means Coach Gernot Rohr-led squad are now closer to the 2019 AFCON finals in Cameroon. The third straight qualification victory – and the second on the road, takes Super Eagles’ points tally to nine, and one-point gap ahead of the second-place South Africa.

South Africa’s goalless draw against Seychelles at the Stade Linite in Victoria, Seychelles, had opened up the chance for the Super Eagles to move into a commanding position in the log and Ighalo’s clinical showing helped the West Africans’ hold off a much improved Meditteranean Knights side, which lost the first leg in Uyo 4-0. The Pirates of Seychelles were looking to avenge the 6-0 defeat to South Africa’s Bafana Bafana in an encounter which was played in Johannesburg over the weekend. Bafana were the better side in the opening stages of the game and they came close to scoring nine minutes into the game.
Lebohang Maboe’s goal-bound effort was blocked inside the Seychelles box with goalkeeper Jerome Dingwall well-beaten. Dingwall was then called into action by Percy Tau, whose cross was pushed away by the shot-stopper in the 25th minute. South Africa’s China-based centre forward Dino Ndlovu was working hard upfront as he looked to put his side into the lead. Ndlovu’s shot from the edge of the Pirates box was deflected out for a corner-kick just after the half-hour mark. The Seychelles’ defence looked organised and impenetrable most of the time in the first half.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/afcon-qualifiers-nigeria-beat-libya-3-2.html

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by kckings250: 7:05am On Oct 17, 2018
FTC, I dedicate it to God Almighty for giving me another opportunity to live today!.
You know, once there's live there's hope!..
Keep Atikulating OBIdiently for a better Nigeria.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by tuzle(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2018
Thank God, we don't need calculator for now

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Nwaohafia1: 7:06am On Oct 17, 2018
Ighalo for President and Musa for VP

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Btruth: 7:06am On Oct 17, 2018
Excellent.
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by iamlahmee(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2018
toh....make dem sha beat south africa..ftc oooo

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by madapcmod: 7:07am On Oct 17, 2018
Who we go play next? Seychelles? If so we don qualify
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Rebuke: 7:07am On Oct 17, 2018
Nice one though but I actually xpected much more from these guys.

Libya shld b so thrashed that each player goes home with a goal attached to his name.

I really hope they do well whn dey meet a stronger team though.

Not so impressed wit d score line, I must say.

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Racoon(m): 7:07am On Oct 17, 2018
Congrats boys! Congrats Nigeria! smiley smiley

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by GentleMoney: 7:07am On Oct 17, 2018
Thumbs up to the Super Eagles..
Well-done Guys...

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by iamlahmee(m): 7:08am On Oct 17, 2018
iamlahmee:
wish kain wahala be this when i thought i'm first parson to comment ehn

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by zuchyblink(m): 7:08am On Oct 17, 2018
Rohr is making easier for us. Most big teams are struggling in this qualifiers

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 17, 2018
Seychelles will pee in their pants cheesy

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by martineverest(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2018
iamlahmee:
a draw will be ok
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by sagitariusbaby(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2018
If you are atikulatedObi press like, if you are lifeless press share

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by oluwakayode25(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2018
Rebuke:
Nice though but I actually xpected much more

Like get 6 points from a single match

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Albinoflash(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2018
I just want them to beat south africa.we must revenge

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by jamaicabakare(m): 7:09am On Oct 17, 2018
Like for Super Eagles Share for Atiku grin grin grin

11 Likes 29 Shares

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Rebuke: 7:10am On Oct 17, 2018
oluwakayode25:

Like get 6 points from a single match

Lols. Yes, that I would hav appreciated so much.

Or beating them 3Nil.
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Pennykeyz(m): 7:11am On Oct 17, 2018
Rebuke:

Libya shld b so thrashed that each player goes home with a goal attached to his name.

what else do you want grin

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by opius: 7:11am On Oct 17, 2018
Things are getting better... Wonderful days ahead
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 17, 2018
Rebuke:

Ala i ni te lorun

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 17, 2018
Rebuke:

They won both home and away and you expected more? Seems u think Libya has zombies for players na huh

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by NIGHTMARE0O7: 7:12am On Oct 17, 2018
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by okotv(m): 7:12am On Oct 17, 2018
its all about that Edo boy Ighalo
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by MrBONE2(m): 7:13am On Oct 17, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
Ighalo for President and Musa for VP

Me for senate president while you for deputy senate president grin

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 17, 2018
Pennykeyz:
what else do you want grin
99-0 grin
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Fabulous7(m): 7:14am On Oct 17, 2018
Is some boby thinking what am thinking about mikel now.
Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 17, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
They won both home and away and you expected more? Seems u think Libya has zombies for players na huh

He thought the keeper would cross legs and be drinking stout while SE keep netting

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by Rebuke: 7:14am On Oct 17, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

I am just afraid a stronger team wil b hard for us to stand. Playing Libya 3:2 to me is a big concern.

Couldn't we beat dem away too jxt d way we beat dem at home?

Re: AFCON Qualifiers: Nigeria Beat Libya 3-2 To Top Group E by UgwuAghachi: 7:16am On Oct 17, 2018
Fabulous7:
Is some boby thinking what am thinking about mikel now.

Mikel sacrificed his career in Chelsea to go and play for Nigeria in the Olympics. He was never called into the chelsea team by the new coach because the coach didn't like that he went to the Olympics.

Mikel paid hotel bills for your Olympic team because your country couldn't and you're here typing nonsense

22 Likes 1 Share

Nigerian Scrabble Team - The World Champions - Denied Visa To France / Chelsea Reject £50m Offer From Barcelona For Willian / Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record