Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,139 members, 7,852,868 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund (11909 Views)

ISWAP Slaughters Member For Diverting Funds For Food To Personal Use In Borno / Hushpuppi Responsible For Diverting Money From SS Lazio / Ediozi Odi: Human Trafficker Bags 6 Life Sentences And An Additional 129 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by WetinConsignMe: 9:47am On Oct 17, 2018
Who writes these headlines!! And why does NL propagate the lie.

WITH OPTION OF N200,0000 FINE

The man will not serve a day in jail.
Stop propagating lies.

Somebody stole over N5m and u fine him N2.4m. The judge obviously took his own share.
This country will stay corrupt for ever
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by sisisioge: 9:47am On Oct 17, 2018
Chai! 2.4 m fine plus 5.4m restitution, plus his legal fee, plus his criminal record, plus the embarrassment to his families and friends, plus his likely ineligibility as a prospective employee...5.4m is too small for this nau grin
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by highchief1: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2018
happinesssssssss:

Funny enough, Atikulators have no voters card
if I put prik for ur Toto?u Dey mad?
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by Ogaga87(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2018
lisimmo:
lol

Mhen our Judiciary is slow sha! He diverted someone's money in 2011 and was convicted in 2018. Which means if that money was meant for the person's business it would have folded up.

Seven years interval, Dasuki case will mop a centenary before conviction if found guilty...
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 9:49am On Oct 17, 2018
Vjtimmzy:
See business steal 5.2 return 2.4 with balance of 2.8 haba make d guy use him head oo

But he's a convict, he cannot be saddled with any public responsibility. No serious country will issue their visa to a Nigerian ex-convict. No dealing with any corporate organization . His image is tarnished . Too bad for a young upcoming professional
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by segebase(m): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2018
atiku is working
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by naijapage(f): 9:52am On Oct 17, 2018
I Wonder what this Country is becoming everyday, May God Of Alph Lukau Help us

Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by ayorinde217(m): 9:55am On Oct 17, 2018
Contact me on 07030260488 if you are interested in learning web development at your home with a flexible schedule anywhere in lagos. HTML, CSS and Bootstrap costs 50K while JavaScript, jQuery, React and AngularJs costs 70K. Tfare not included #Lagos
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by sawut: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2018
ehn money everywhere...i suddenly want to work in the bank
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by KoeChz(m): 10:20am On Oct 17, 2018
lisimmo:
lol

Mhen our Judiciary is slow sha! He diverted someone's money in 2011 and was convicted in 2018. Which means if that money was meant for the person's business it would have folded up.
. He doesn't have case with the who diverted the money. The bank would already have refund the money

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by KoeChz(m): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2018
afolabia143:
If na me I no go return any thing
likely there is an option of 6years incarceration
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by KoeChz(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2018
Rijal:
It will serve as lessons to others with the same intention.
that they will make a profit of 2.8m with no capital investment
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by einsteine(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2018
Lol. The guy is free from the judgment. He must have been in custody during the trial, so he would be credited for time served. Also, he got option of fine o the charges at 200k each. he won't return the 5.2 million since he has served some time. He would pay the option of fine and go free. See judgment.
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by einsteine(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

But he's a convict, he cannot be saddled with any public responsibility. No serious country will issue their visa to a Nigerian ex-convict. No dealing with any corporate organization . His image is tarnished . Too bad for a young upcoming professional

he is a contract staff not an upcoming professional. The banks think they are being wise by making 80-90% of their staff on contract but the result is lots of internal fraud.
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
sirlekzy:
Justice J. Adepoju of the FCT High Court sitting in Abuja, on Friday, October 12, 2018 convicted and sentenced one Godfrey Ango, a support staff from Integrated Corporate Services attached to Access Bank to 6-years in prison on a 12-count charge bordering on diversion and misappropriation of depositors’ money.

Counsel to EFCC, D.M Nkwa, urged the court to convict the defendant so that it can serve as deterrent to him and others. In his judgment, Justice Adepoju found Ango guilty of all the 12 counts and sentenced him to 6months imprisonment with option of N200,000 fine on each of the counts.

OP please explain this
Is it 6 months or 6 years ?
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by tiger2080: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
stupid fool rot in jail or be fired by squad. They have no mercy for customers. That was how atm machine debited me of 60k.three withdrawl of 20k without dispense the money.I went to the bank lay complain an fill form they were trying to play pranks on me after several calls spent almost 3k cards for calling, almost 15k for fuel.I really followed the case up if not my 60k would have gone down the drain.it is my hard earn money so I have to follow up no matter what it takes.
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by naijajobx: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
smiley
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by thedondada(m): 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
KoeChz:
. He doesn't have case with the who diverted the money. The bank would already have refund the money

People think the bank won't be responsible after all the money was given to them and stolen while in thier custody.

They would have paid up since. The bank wants to drag the guy for the money not the depositors.

If people made away with cash like that who would bank. Reminds me of a case then the banks paid up immediately and started deductions from the people involved salaries.

It was a forged check
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by james1(m): 7:50am On Oct 09, 2020
ogunnoikitaiwo:
when I ear godfre I thought is Joffree in game of throne.. but when I ear ango haaa na there work ipobian...them no get boss.

You don't think it's best you contribute in a constructive manner and not bring tribe into it?we can't make meaningful development as a country with this type of approach.
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by james1(m): 7:53am On Oct 09, 2020
The judge was very thoughtful.
As for the guy that commited the crime,may he learn his lesson.
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by james1(m): 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
How many of those polithiefcians stealing billions that belong to us have bagged any jail term?hypocrites in courts.
Re: Access Bank Official Bags 6-Year-Jail Term For Diverting N5.2m Depositors’ Fund by Ohizman73(m): 5:53am On Nov 24, 2020
hmmm he was lucky oh. the judge was lient unlike the one that sentenced s 1st bank female bank to a whooping 98 yrs

(1) (2) (Reply)

56 Suspected Robbers, Cultists Arrested In Lagos / Updates On The Yahoo Cameroon Boy Who Ran Mad For Not Completing his rituals / Onuorah Caritas Onyinye 'Smart Beyoncé' Arrested With Cocaine At Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.