Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right (25851 Views)

World Bank Junior Professional Association (JPA) Global Based Program Graduates / Just Completed NYSC! Get Training And Job Placement In Solar Companies / Medical and Fitness Report By Corps Members Must Now Carry NMA Stamp - NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by sacajawea: 7:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hahahahaha
LMAO!!!!
I swear to God it is Finished in Zoogeria Haba. Etun Confuse laarin area yin buhaha see complete Incoherence
Oboy eh grin
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by shoboy9: 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
So many thieves with so many lies. So that they can go and be killing people up an down

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by DrP2000(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
I thought being graduate gives one a level of exposure and vast knowledge.

You just disappointed the school.you graduated from by this your write up

6 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by yokiti: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
The op failed to address the menace of the "Oluwole" medical certificate merchants.
Methinks, the NMA stamp is to authenticate the certificate because the doctors' integrity will be at stake. No one will like to lose his/her license because of that petty issue.
As for the fake medical certificates of fitness retailers, you will soon meet your Waterloo.
I know those retailers have devised means to operate multiple accounts in order to perpetrate your acts here on the forum but I assure you; you will still meet us there.

3 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jayloy:

Thanks. I guess the poster is a lab person hence, his position. We should look beyond inter professional rivalry and support the good of healthcare in this country. This is a welcome development if you ask me.

It is a welcome development but the timing is very poor

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by DrP2000(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
zubby4567:

NMA IS PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION NOT REGULATORY AGENCY NYSC GET IT RIGTH

Just like Pharmaceutiacal Society of Nigeria(PSN), Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria (AMLSN)etc, so also NMA.I just read it at the twitter handle of National Youth Service Corps that each Medical certificate /fitness most be accompanied with NMA stamp....."just to curb quackery ....."

My questions to NYSC are as follows

I. Where can I get NMA hospital NOT Federal, State or Any other Primary health care in this country?

II. Is the NMA responsible for the medical check up OR the hospitals?

Iii. Is the stamp from respective hospital managenents not enough ?

Iv. What really NMA members contributes in medical report/fitness

If we really know the answers to above questions I wonder if NYSC is not promoting Quackery rather than trying to Checkmate it because out of morthern 10 different investigations, non of them is been done by NMA member rather other medical professionals

All tests eg HbsAg, Genotype, Urine/stool analysis, Hb, PCV, HCV, TB etc are done and signed by qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists

X-rays and visual test are carried out by Radiographers and Optometrist respectively...

So in these case, What NYSC are they really telling us, is this not promoting quackery by accepting a signed document from the person who is not qualified and liecensed to carried it out?

Similarly, it will be a rediculous if a memeber of particular profession can sign a the document, it means that there will be no authentication, and the members might be deciding to accept or demand something and the aim is totally defeated.

THE WAY FORWARD

1.That Hospital Managements should be and the only way to get medical report/fitness as it comprises the input of different Health professionals

2. If any body most stamp it should be regulatory body Eg Medical laboratory Science Council of Nigeria(MLSCN) Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) etc not professional association who are not affiliate to any government parataltas.

3.If any Professional Association has to Sign, it should be of equal proportion by signing what your respective profession contribute

Finally I hope that the Government, NYSC and Other respective profession involve will figure out a workable solution to avoid any further rediculous way of fighting quackery.

ADAMU

You can sue NYSC if you wish. If you lack knowledge of a process, you better seek for one to explain and guide you. Not rushing to social media to write rubbish. If you like keep lamenting on nairaland, dont go and get your medical report signed and stamped from a certified doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by ozo13(m): 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
JoannaSedley:
There is nothing good about what NYSC posted. It enhances quackery instead of eliminating it.
how ma
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by yokiti: 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jayloy:
Your logic in that test are not being done by doctors is flawed. Who declares an individual fit, a doctor or other allied medical workers. The purpose of this is to curb quackery and proliferation of many fake health reports that our corrupt system has allowed. An hospital gate man would get you a medical health report so far he has the hospital letter head and impersonate a doctor or a non existing doctor and these many lab people do. So, what NMA is doing is to get a personalised stamp that can be traced to every doctor. This is to make it easy to hold someone that is the doctor responsible for these reports which only them are licensed to issue.
God bless you for this.
This is the point the NYSC management want to address.
On this forum alone, we have seen many Oluwole sales men marketing it like it is some kind of wares that can be purchased online.
A day doesn't pass without them advertising it on the various corps members thread on this forum, but no matter what, dem go dey meet us there.
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by ozo13(m): 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
DrP2000:
I thought being graduate gives one a level of exposure and vast knowledge.

You just disappointed the school.you graduated from by this your write up

lol
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by yokiti: 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
DrP2000:

You can sue NYSC if you wish. If you lack knowledge of a process, you better seek for one to explain and guide you. Not rushing to social media to write rubbish. If you like keep lamenting on nairaland, dont go and get your medical report signed and stamped from a certified doctor.
DrP2000, your response to the op was wrongly marked as spam by the anti-spam bot, hence the ban on your account but it has been unmarked and your ban has been undone.
Apologies!

2 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by shukudi(m): 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
dfrost:

Honestly I agree but on a more second thought, integration between tribes was the ideology by Gowon only that dumb heads are there that are only concerned about money.

No single innovation. During my three weeks orientation, it was two computer programmers that developed the software for posting corp members to various LGs based on demand made by schools, hospitals, companies et al.

@grammerNazi, where are you?
SOS, please!
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by speak2leo(m): 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
I think OP got it all wrong. First, NYSC needs medical fitness report which can only be issued by a qualified medical Dr after thorough examination and required investigations. As a way of curbing fake medical reports not endorsed by a Doctor, the NMA directed all Doctors in Nigeria to Obtain their personalised Stamp for issuance of medical reports and other necessary documentations. However most Doctors are reluctant to tow that part. NYSC is worse hit with ridiculous medical reports which the blind can even detect that such are not from a secondary school drop out let alone a Dr. In order to enforce the stamp and curb malpractice in the medical profession, NYSC is requesting that the issuing Dr endorses such report with his/her NMA stamp.
This I think is a welcome development. The only thing however is for people to plead for the current batch and encourage Drs to Obtain their stamp and save subsequent batch of Corp members the hurdles of stamp scarcity. That's all.
I hope this help.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by dfrost: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
shukudi:

@grammerNazi, where are you?
SOS, please!

Please get him in. I will appreciate his correction. Thank you.

PS:

1. more
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by capitalzero: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
JoannaSedley:
There is nothing good about what NYSC posted. It enhances quackery instead of eliminating it.

nma/mdcn stamp will checkmate fake doctors. stamps are individualized with each doctor name and registration number. It is a welcome development.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by yokiti: 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
speak2leo:
I think OP got it all wrong. First, NYSC needs medical fitness report which can only be issued by a qualified medical Dr after thorough examination and required investigations. As a way of curbing fake medical reports not endorsed by a Doctor, the NMA directed all Doctors in Nigeria to Obtain their personalised Stamp for issuance of medical reports and other necessary documentations. However most Doctors are reluctant to tow that part. NYSC is worse hit with ridiculous medical reports which the blind can even detect that such are not from a secondary school drop out let alone a Dr. In order to enforce the stamp and curb malpractice in the medical profession, NYSC is requesting that the issuing Dr endorses such report with his/her NMA stamp.
This I think is a welcome development. The only thing however is for people to plead for the current batch and encourage Drs to Obtain their stamp and save subsequent batch of Corp members the hurdles of stamp scarcity. That's all.
I hope this help.
May you be really blessed for this.
It addresses the situation succinctly.
Three hearty cheers for you.

5 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Bluffly: 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
When you live in an environment where people lacks understanding of how things should be manage. Over 70% of Nigerians have a quack thinking faculty

3 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Bluffly: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
yokiti:

May you be really blessed for this.
It addresses the situation succinctly.
Three hearty cheers for you.
Will the stamp be verified upon submission? If not it is only a waste of time. The only way to go about this is to have an online portal where such tests could be verified. Until then its just a bunch of time wasting exercise

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by yokiti: 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
B3njozy:
Great PCMs , For your medical certificate of fitness and medical report for relocation purpose. DM me on zero8zero6zero44185nine for legit work and thank me at end..
Some of the oluwole merchants.
Op, what do you have to say to this advertisement above?
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Such a myopic and irrational write up. Who has the right to write medical reports the world over?.

Why then does the Johesu touts always bring up immature and unintelligent write up to cause chaos?

5 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by mostbles(f): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
I hope this help. [/quote]
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jayloy:
Your logic in that test are not being done by doctors is flawed. Who declares an individual fit, a doctor or other allied medical workers. The purpose of this is to curb quackery and proliferation of many fake health reports that our corrupt system has allowed. An hospital gate man would get you a medical health report so far he has the hospital letter head and impersonate a doctor or a non existing doctor and these many lab people do. So, what NMA is doing is to get a personalised stamp that can be traced to every doctor. This is to make it easy to hold someone that is the doctor responsible for these reports which only them are licensed to issue.

Your position is also flawed and represents the notoriously resented over bearing attitude and bloated egos of medical doctors.

Medical certificates are always issued by recognised authorities (not individuals) - in most cases, govt hospital issued certificates are the ones recognised.

The certifying officer, who is usually a medical doctor (not necessarily the issuing officer) is only an employee of the above mentioned organisation; he therefore has no right to issue such certificate on his own as an individual nor does the NMA have the right to authenticate such certificate (as implied) by substitution of the organisational stamp of authority with the one given to its registered member i.e the medical doctor for his personal use.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by NoToPile: 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
Am I the only one thinking this might even be a waste of time.

The doctor will go through the various test results and based on that the prospective corper will be certified fit right?

Lets even assume no doctor will want to risk his seal because of small money, how sure are we about the results themselves? Is there a way to verify the results knowing money can open any door over here.

Just thinking like a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by yokiti: 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Bluffly:

Will the stamp be verified upon submission? If not it is only a waste of time. The only way to go about this is to have an online portal where such tests could be verified. Until then its just a bunch of time wasting exercise
It is a good departure from this existing norms of Oluwole medical certificate of fitness retailers.
As this progresses, the challenges you highlighted will be dealt it.

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
zubby4567:

Just like Pharmaceutiacal Society of Nigeria(PSN), Association of Medical Laboratory Scientist of Nigeria (AMLSN)etc, so also NMA.I just read it at the twitter handle of National Youth Service Corps that each Medical certificate /fitness most be accompanied with NMA stamp....."just to curb quackery ....."

I. Where can I get NMA hospital NOT Federal, State or Any other Primary health care in this country?

If we really know the answers to above questions I wonder if NYSC is not promoting Quackery rather than trying to Checkmate it because out of morthern 10 different investigations, non of them is been done by NMA member rather other medical professionals

All tests eg HbsAg, Genotype, Urine/stool analysis, Hb, PCV, HCV, TB etc are done and signed by qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists

X-rays and visual test are carried out by Radiographers and Optometrist respectively...

So in these case, What NYSC are they really telling us, is this not promoting quackery by accepting a signed document from the person who is not qualified and liecensed to carried it out?

Similarly, it will be a rediculous if a memeber of particular profession can sign a the document, it means that there will be no authentication, and the members might be deciding to accept or demand something and the aim is totally defeated.

THE WAY FORWARD

1.That Hospital Managements should be and the only way to get medical report/fitness as it comprises the input of different Health professionals

2. If any body most stamp it should be regulatory body Eg Medical laboratory Science Council of Nigeria(MLSCN) Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) etc not professional association who are not affiliate to any government parataltas.

3.If any Professional Association has to Sign, it should be of equal proportion by signing what your respective profession contribute

Finally I hope that the Government, NYSC and Other respective profession involve will figure out a workable solution to avoid any further rediculous way of fighting quackery.

ADAMU

Adamu is not only myopic but misinformed as well.

It's not the question of the "errand boy" or the subordinate who carries out a command, but about the "commander" who gives the order. Excuse my essential sarcasm. But it's needed to drive home my point.

If Adamu works in a standard hospital, he would be honest to admit, agree, affirm that patients present first to the medical doctor (MBBS/BDS HOLDERS) belonging to NMA/MDCN body, who determines the essential investigations required, fill out the said laboratory investigations in the appropriate forms, and sends the patients to the laboratory personnel.

Adamu should also be truthful to tell the public that after the whole investigations, the patient reports back to the medical doctor who makes the final decision based on the laboratory findings.

In the light of this, who should sign medical report? The doctor, of course.

Finally, Adamu seems to be unaware that WHEN A PATIENT LEAVES HOME, HE TELLS PEOPLE HE'S GONNA SEE HIS DOCTOR, not any of the appendages. That should strike a chord!

1 Like

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by FreeConCiencE: 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jayloy:

Your brain is working well
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by jennann(f): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
[quote author=zubby4567 post=72177153]

Your post reeks of ignorance and hatred for the medical profession. When you are not sure, you either get your facts right or just keep quiet!
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by otunbalahrry(m): 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
[quote author=dfrost post=72177654]

Honestly I agree but on a more second thought, integration between tribes was the ideology by Gowon only that dumb heads are there that are only concerned about money.

No single innovation. During my three weeks orientation, it was two computer programmers that developed the software for posting corp members to various LGs based on demand made by schools, hospitals, companies et al.

Did u served at Akwa ibom 2015?
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Gbelex(m): 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
The thing is how can someone get the NMA stamp?pls someone shud help?
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by sanerugwei: 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
So upon all the epistle the OP spewed up there, he could not spell ridiculous correctly.... shocked shocked shocked

No be only rediculous, browniculous nko...

Abi na charge and bail lawyer ni...

Did I make any spelling or grammatical errors...If so blame the OP...

Aboki Adamu...no vex o..na joke we dey o...

Buh in efri nansensi, dia mast bi sam sensi... you tried
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jayloy:

NYSC is ignorant (no one expects much from an organisation controlled by the Army anyways, look at the mess they made out of the entire country) but the thrust of what it's trying to to do, is to achieve a credible fitness certification process. NMA is a professional body but what NYSC left unsaid is that it needs reports signed-off by licensed medical doctors. I believe the MDCN does that, not NMA.

It takes a doctor who sees the overall picture of the human bodily functions and existing or possible malfunctions to issue such certificates, yet these technical laboratory characters will never agree because they are fighting for control of the govt hospitals and by extension, their share of the national cake.

Hospital administration is a professional discipline on its own in developed countries and you need not be a medical doctor to practice it and manage a hospital, but in the same vein doctors need not be MBAs to establish and run their own private businesses i.e. hospitals. Government hospitals should be an exception though, since those involve public money which needs to be professionally managed.

I'm yet to see a medical lab technician or a pharmacist establish and run a private hospital with his own resources anywhere in this country, why should they be handed our government clinics, is it simply because they also hunger for dirty money like most everyone else in this joke of a country?

4 Likes

Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by unitysheart(m): 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
zubby4567:

THE WAY FORWARD

ADAMU

The English construction is appalling.
Re: Nma Is A Professional Association Not Regulatory Agency.. Nysc Get It Right by Alzirida(f): 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
d33types:
Nonsense..

@zubby4567

All these tests you talked about can be performed by lab scientists, radiologists ,agrees. Unfortunately for you, NYSC didn't ask for a lab result .they asked for a fitness report which only a doctor can issue

Deal with your hatred

Doctors should just be very careful.
They have too many frustrated haters.

The write up is filled with envy.
Laboratory results cannot certify one fit. It is a doctor who has right to do so.
A complete medical fitness is made up of Laboratory investigations and physical examination.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Batch B 2014 : Posted To Adamawa State, Let's Meet Here / Best State For Prospective Corp Member To Serve In Nigeria / A thread for corpers posted to Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.