Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa (29620 Views)

Agbor, Delta Road: Is This The Longest Traffic Jam In Nigeria? (Video) / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) / Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by AutoReportNG: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2018
[img]https://4.bp..com/-_8pZbmpgW6Q/W8hKr8wNHkI/AAAAAAAAVJo/VsyiyFSj4B0rB0-JUJQH5Bii1tY5uO4nwCEwYBhgL/s1600/Mohammed_VI_Bridge_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

That moment when you thought the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge has the best masterpiece in Africa, then you need to think again as you are yet mind blogging designs. The Mohammed VI Bridge has been adjourned as Africa's longest cable bridge not only that, it comes with ambiance and beauty.

Morocco recently celebrated the completion of the longest cable-stayed bridge in Africa, the Mohammed VI Bridge outside the country’s capital city of Rabat. The bridge, which pays homage to the King of Morocco, has become an iconic new landmark, thanks in part to Philips LED lighting which adorns the length of the bridge. The bridge’s operators can choose from 16 million colors or create a fantastic light show, all while operating at a cost-effective level of energy efficiency.

The Mohammed VI Bridge was inaugurated just two weeks ago by its namesake. The bridge spans a section of desert connecting Rabat to the city of Salé with 3,116 feet (950 meters) of roadway, making it the longest bridge of its kind on the African continent. The bridge carries six lanes of vehicle traffic and spans between two 650-foot (200-meter) tall towers. Some 160 cables lend strength to the bridge as well and provide the perfect support for the lighting system that illuminates the bridge’s cables and pillars high above the roadway.

The futuristic lighting system employs Philips Color Kinetics technology. It allows bridge officials to change up to 16 million colors and can be programmed to display elaborate light shows. In addition to the wow factor of the sight of the illuminated bridge, the LED lighting system can keep costs under control, operating at a level up to 75 percent more energy efficient other existing lighting systems.

The Build Up

[img]https://4.bp..com/-krk--JDf4vs/W8hKqHpd1VI/AAAAAAAAVJI/GcYHLFwLsAQZzv5NiiIpg8w7OvC3RoMgQCLcBGAs/s1600/Mohammed_VI_Bridge_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-oFTdQx7wLJ8/W8hKrElD4vI/AAAAAAAAVJY/5R85Ef8Kyc4CZqBeMNYZr7zphUR8ocnsgCLcBGAs/s1600/Mohammed_VI_Bridge_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-z447_nWBB0s/W8hKt_ozZjI/AAAAAAAAVKA/MvW8254ympkXpUqwFIgj-ovVmx80jF48ACLcBGAs/s1600/Mohammed_VI_Bridge_016_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-PuJBUaMLtEw/W8hKu1iJOqI/AAAAAAAAVKQ/0B1qNqOxhwg26ManEA8z8zqLG_g4kcwswCLcBGAs/s1600/Mohammed_VI_Bridge_019_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

The Finished Product

[img]https://2.bp..com/-SmqKi-kISqU/W8hKrr-EzAI/AAAAAAAAVKc/Sch19ycW2FQATLpPWIqu1uF_UORNxoA5QCEwYBhgL/s1600/Mohammed_VI_Bridge_008_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-v5x1Y-FORjA/W8hKs5SpyhI/AAAAAAAAVKg/2sZT7hyXoZUDS_cHWghSOXxVYG7CRIBZQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Mohammed_VI_Bridge_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-2oDvq7jspEQ/W8hKtJKeOzI/AAAAAAAAVKs/w_GXsgkXkEEphrA1HRwb5bmwkf6xXOuRwCEwYBhgL/s1600/Mohammed_VI_Bridge_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/this-is-longest-cable-stayed-bridge-in.html
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by AutoReportNG: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2018
When you thought Lekki is bad, this is badder

See more pictures

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/this-is-longest-cable-stayed-bridge-in.html

1 Like

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Generalkaycee(m): 10:19am On Oct 18, 2018
This job is a great scientific adventure. But it’s also a great human adventure.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by shortgun(m): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2018
I don't see this post making front page.
This is all of have to say.
Thank you.
Let me quickly add that if the post eventually makes front page don't think I can't see the future, just know that I used reversed psychology to it happen.
Thank you once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by itiswellandwell: 10:32am On Oct 18, 2018
It's not in Nigeria. Giant of Africa. So, it's a shame knowing that the Giant of Africa is by mouth but a dwarf of Africa in the real world.

Very cheap 64gb s6 edge. Check my signature.

16 Likes

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by jej3013(m): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2018
nice one
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by helphelp: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2018
Next
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Sirpaul(m): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2018
Wow!

Lekki Ikoyi Bridge no near am @all

1 Like

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Damoxy(m): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2018
shortgun:
I don't see this post making front page.
This is all of have to say.
Thank you.
Let me quickly add that if the post eventually makes front page don't think I can't see the future, just know that I used reversed psychology to it happen.
Thank you once again.

wake up o it has made FP o
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2018
cool
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by JeromeBlack: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2018

24 Likes

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Vixlot: 10:34am On Oct 18, 2018
grin
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by TheAngry1: 10:35am On Oct 18, 2018
ok
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by nifemi25(m): 10:35am On Oct 18, 2018
Only God knows when we are going to have such bridge � here in Nigeria? May God help us.
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by iamlahmee(m): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2018
this is cool...i think bubu get one for daura

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by hucienda: 10:36am On Oct 18, 2018
Beautiful.

Bi like di only difference for north africans and oyibo pipul bi religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by ademoladeji(m): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2018
Proudly Civil Engineer
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by AmazingELixir: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2018
lipsrsealed

I'm sure a construction cost analysis and comparison between this cable stay bridge in Morroco and the one in Lekki would throw open what Mr Lagos landlord has constituted himself to the Lagos state treasury....A massive drainage comparable only to the Galactic black hole.

North Africans have no businesses being part of Africa the only thing that has held them down is religion and extremism.

12 Likes

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by HarryDuce(m): 10:43am On Oct 18, 2018
Nice. The "First-In-Africa" crew should see this.
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by smokeyupu(m): 10:43am On Oct 18, 2018
I'm sire they don't charge tolls unlike out greedy folks over there in Nigeria.... Shameless.... After paying tax you are forced to pay for roads supposed to be built / maintained from that accrued revenue

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Keywordconcept(m): 10:46am On Oct 18, 2018
Beautiful
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:50am On Oct 18, 2018

4 Likes

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by pol23: 10:52am On Oct 18, 2018
I hope someday Africa will catch up with the rest of the world.
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 18, 2018
I know it can't be lekki ikoyi link bridge

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Rikidony(m): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2018
NICE ONE, THERE BEATIFULL MASTER PEACE, NIGERIA TOP POSITION IN ECOWAS IS IN A THREAT, WITH THE MORROCS COMING IN WITH THEIR MONEY
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by wendixx(f): 10:59am On Oct 18, 2018
WOW!! shocked So lovely. Unfortunately, I'm sure the engineers and designers were not African embarassed embarassed

Meanwhile..
Vacancy
Department: Information Systems and Technology
Title: Systems Support Technician

Duties
• Responsible for effective support provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
• Provide technical support for clients both remotely and on site
• Conduct training for users
• Research on new products and services

Qualification:
Minimum BSc. Degree Computer Science, Computer engineering, Statistics, Information technology/systems or any other related courses.

Required Skills:
• Strong knowledge of computers and how they operate, which includes having a broad understanding of hardware and software, operating systems and basic computer programming.
• Familiarity with electronic equipment, Internet applications and security.
• Familiarity of Networking tools and network infrastructure
• knowledge of Linux Operating System
• Any IT related certification will be an added advantage

SEND YOUR CV TO contactus@thecodecsystems.com
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by Rikidony(m): 10:59am On Oct 18, 2018
itiswellandwell:
It's not in Nigeria. Giant of Africa. So, it's a shame knowing that the Giant of Africa is by mouth but a dwarf of Africa in the real world.

Very cheap 64gb s6 edge. Check my signature.

JUST SHARRAP IF YOU GAT NOTHING TO SAY.

IS NIGERIA THE ONLY NATION IN AFRICA, CANT OTHER COUNTRIES DEVELOP THEIR INFRASTRUCTURE.
Re: This Is The Longest Cable-Stayed Bridge In Africa by jordyspices: 11:06am On Oct 18, 2018
How many metres is the lekki--ikoyi link bridge

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Student In Malaysia Dies In Car Accident (Photos) / Guidelines For Newcomers To Port Harcourt / Nigerian Migrants Cry Out After Being Locked Up In Prison In Libya. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.