Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,596 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! (1792 Views)

Sold!!!corona awoof deal. my 2005 Acura MDX for only 750k buy n drive! / SOLD !!!!! Honda Accord 2005 EOD For Urgent Sale must go before friday / Very Clean 2005 EOD Honda Avail For Sale In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by charles009(m): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2018
Firstly I thank Almighty God for being alive today.

This post needs input of serious car experts to help me make an informed decision.

I was returning from Ikom enroute Uyo, a couple of bad roads here and there. On entering ikom town around 7pm, I heard a loud sound beneath the driver side of my car,(i was driving) and whatever happened after that is a story that will glorify God. I totally lost control of the vehicle and if I recall, I veered off the road for approximately 20 seconds before car came to a halt. Miraculously and almost impossible as it seemed, There was no incoming traffic in a very very busy road. Myself, Wify and baby are all safe.

THE ISSUE: I contacted a mechanic to ascertain the damage and he told me that the initial cause of the accident was *BALL JOINT PULLED* against contrary belief that this pull occurs only when car halts.(please guys how true is this excerpt)

secondly my wife owns a DC and as | speak i am considering putting it for sale almost immediately, will create another thread for that nonetheless.

Driving to work today, i was scared to the teeth, infact, the men in black followed me and asked for my driving license. lol. I have still not recovered from the weekend shock.

all inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by izuch(m): 10:43am On Oct 18, 2018
charles009:

This post needs input of serious car experts to help me make an informed decision.

I was returning from Ikom enroute Uyo, a couple of bad roads here and there. On entering ikom town around 7pm, I heard a loud sound beneath the driver side of my car,(i was driving) and whatever happened after that is a story that will glorify God. I totally lost control of the vehicle and if I recall, I veered off the road for approximately 20 seconds before car came to a halt. Miraculously and almost impossible as it seemed, There was no incoming traffic in a very very busy road. Myself, Wify and baby are all safe.

THE ISSUE: I contacted a mechanic to ascertain the damage and he told me that the initial cause of the accident was *BALL JOINT PULLED* against contrary belief that this pull occurs only when car halts.(please guys how true is this excerpt)

secondly my wife owns a DC and as | speak i am considering putting it for sale almost immediately, will create another thread for that nonetheless.

Driving to work today, i was scared to the teeth, infact, the men in black followed me and asked for my driving license. lol. I have still not recovered from the weekend shock.

Lemme take away the life threatening DC from you with 500k, your safety and that of your family is my priority grin grin

15 Likes

Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by charles009(m): 10:47am On Oct 18, 2018
izuch:

Lemme take away the life threatening DC from you with 500k, your safety and that of your family is a priority grin

yeye lol!!!

5 Likes

Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2018
Post the DC.. we Honda lovers wouldn't mind.

Thank God for keeping you sir. GOD bless.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by BeRightBack: 11:06am On Oct 18, 2018
Thank God for the miracle. The fear of ball point ish is the main reason I don't fancy Honda.
Please move to FP let's learn
Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by spice123(m): 3:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
Honda is never a reliable vehicle except for the CRVs. All Accords get serious comma. Thank God for your life bro.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by diportivo: 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2018
spice123:
Honda is never a reliable vehicle except for the CRVs. All Accords get serious comma. Thank God for your life bro.

oshey honda engineer

are u from the Nairobi honda regional headquarters?

izuch:

Lemme take away the life threatening DC from you with 500k, your safety and that of your family is my priority grin grin

I prefer the particular EOD

it's not good for my brother to be scared while driving

op,don't give urself hbp...sell the EOD

I offer 400k...ur life is more important

thebigkendo,how is ur DC surviving tho undecided

1 Like

Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by FLAKARIBE(m): 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
if you must a honda, pls a civic is better than the accord in terms of ball joint isshh!

2 Likes

Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by captainking(m): 6:47am On Dec 19, 2018
charles009:

Thank God for your life.. But let's me honest a bit.. It must have given you a sign you probably did not take serious... Honda Achilles heel is it's ball joints so you need to change it at least once in 6months.. And also listen for signs sometimes.. Been using Honda for 3 years and never had the joint pull issue
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by oladiran2(m): 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
You said it all.I love Honda and my CR-V before sold off never gave issues too.the problem is ignorance when we drive and don't always put ears to sound changes.thank for your life. Even if you change car and don't try to listen to change in sounds from your car issues like this can still happen. Remembered 2weeks while driving my dad thundra and suddenly start hearing sound from d driver side after entering a crack on d road. When I packed and checked, found out it three tire knots that lossen. If I had not paid attention to sound the tire will just pull off on speed.
captainking:

Thank God for your life.. But let's me honest a bit.. It must have given you a sign you probably did not take serious... Honda Achilles heel is it's ball joints so you need to change it at least once in 6months.. And also listen for signs sometimes.. Been using Honda for 3 years and never had the joint pull issue
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by mexxy1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
spice123:

Do you drive one? Don't say what you don't know.

Toyota 4Runners consistently have tyre pulling out as well. Even Toyota Camry's, yes, I've seen one happen right in front of me to a '03-'06 Camry.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by oladiran2(m): 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
Very true, that's wht I always tell pple that says Honda pulls. It still boils down to ignorance.I have seen Toyota pull off too.as long as you don't just change oil and filter always when doing servicing and ask your mechanic to always check the legs too once in awhile.
mexxy1:

Toyota 4Runners consistently have tyre pulling out as well. Even Toyota Camry's, yes, I've seen one happen right in front of me to a '03-'06 Camry.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by captainking(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2018
oladiran2:
You said it all.I love Honda and my CR-V before sold off never gave issues too.the problem is ignorance when we drive and don't always put ears to sound changes.thank for your life. Even if you change car and don't try to listen to change in sounds from your car issues like this can still happen. Remembered 2weeks while driving my dad thundra and suddenly start hearing sound from d driver side after entering a crack on d road. When I packed and checked, found out it three tire knots that lossen. If I had not paid attention to sound the tire will just pull off on speed.
exactly ..you said it well.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by seuncyrus(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2018
No be this same EOD you wan sell on the other thread ? angry undecided
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by charles009(m): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
seuncyrus:
No be this same EOD you wan sell on the other thread ? angry undecided

Bros, you dey high ni.

Does that EOD look freshly accidented? Or you just wan talk.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by spice123(m): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2018
mexxy1:

when you give vulcanizer your tyre to fix and he didn't tight the nuts well. Why won't the tyre pull out? Mind you I've been driving a 4 runner 2002 American spec for 5 years now and have never....I repeat never had any sort of tyre pulling out.

1 Like

Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by mexxy1(m): 12:57am On Dec 20, 2018
spice123:
when you give vulcanizer your tyre to fix and he didn't tight the nuts well. Why won't the tyre pull out? Mind you I've been driving a 4 runner 2002 American spec for 5 years now and have never....I repeat never had any sort of tyre pulling out.

Go back and read my post again. This time very slowly so you can understand. Don't rush to type without understanding.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by Alexgray(m): 1:14am On Dec 20, 2018
The spirit ministered to u to dispose the honda and move up to 2009 model to have more comfort and peace of mind..
Mind u, u can 'donate' the car for 350k to thank God for keep ing u and ur family. I am very sure the "church" can afford that. U can mention me when ready.
Best of luck. Drive with care. Compliments of the season.
Re: My 2005 EOD Nearly Killed Me And Wife. Clarification And Advise Please!! by coolh3ad(m): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2018
captainking:

As for me, e no dey reach 4 months before I carry go mechanic to change. That thing can embarrass person ehn.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2010 Hubrid Spider Selling Cheap @ 2.2m / Who Get N1.550m Now Now...take This Extremely Clean Faultless 2008 Camry Muscle / Superclean Pimped Golf4 Reg Auto Chilling Ac For Just 690k See Pix...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.