Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary (53343 Views)

How Balafamo Bought The Itel S18 & Won 2 Million Naira In Itel Black Friday / Nigerian Lady Shares Photos From Her Simple Wedding Ceremony / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by famousbowale: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2018
I was privileged to officiate the wedding of this lovely couple from our church. Total attendance was around 20-25 people (Even though they are music ministers in our congregation). A simple celebration in a wonderful location with only closest friends and relatives. All gifts were mostly in form of cash in an envelope so that as they say in Russia, "the couple will count money all through the wedding night". All through the ceremony, I was just thinking, "I so wish weddings were this simple in my beloved country, Nigeria".

So many eligible bachelors can't get married because of the heavy load of cultural and traditional obligations. I suggest it's high time we review some of these things.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214263019823362&id=1051636033

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by famousbowale: 10:39am On Oct 18, 2018
Hello guyz, sorry for been the first to comment on my own post.

I'm currently planning for my wedding towards March next year. My self and my wife to be are trying to keep it as simple as possible, if possible just for family members and friends of about 250.
Believe it before I could say jack our budget is already hitting #3.2 million.

The post above was share by a Nigerian base abroad, this made me begin to wonder if it is necessary to even wed at all?
Why spend our hard earned money on wedding of a day?
That money can get us a land or start a little business.
Just thinking lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

240 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by princfred(m): 10:44am On Oct 18, 2018
All those local feminists no go see this one to emulate. Na after Nigerian men spend heavily to buy ...ehmm ...marry them finish then they will suddenly forget who should be primarily responsible for cooking.

167 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by famousbowale: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2018

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by princfred(m): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2018
famousbowale:
Hello guyz, sorry for been the first to comment on my own post.

I'm currently planning for my wedding towards March next year. My self and my wife to be are trying to keep it as simple as possible, if possible just for family members and friends of about 250.
Believe it before I could say jack our budget is already hitting #3.2 million.

The post above was share by a Nigerian base abroad, this made me begin to wonder it is necessary to even wed at all?
Why was that kind of our hard earned money on wedding of a day?
That money can get us a land or start a little business.
Just thinking lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

Better head to the nearest court with her and use that money to lay a solid base for your family. The amount you spent on the wedding may not be considered by her if things go sideways financially for you later. You can always do the red, white and brown marriage later if she proves worth it overtime in the marriage.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Derawiz(m): 10:55am On Oct 18, 2018
Life is very simple but people just complicate things unnecessarily, well my goal in life is to live a life of simplicity and my spouse must also be someone of like mind

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by GOFRONT(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2018
Slayqueens wont like this advise

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by MrPlato(m): 11:31am On Oct 18, 2018

My Wedding Will Be Done Out This Country... Will Also Be Very Simple With Very Important Persons To Me and My Woman in Attendance Only... No Loud Music! Soft Jazz, Blues, RnB...

Most Importantly The Joining Will Be Done At 00:00 of January 1st of What Ever Year... A Beautiful Mid-night Blissful Ceremony...

Going To Be Simple But Expensive. Its The Best Start I Can Give To A Woman of Geniune Virue Who Takes Part In My Success Pursuit to The End...

The Rest Part Of Our Lives Will Be Disney's Moto "Happily Ever After"

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by chiommy123(f): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2018
I don't think any sensible person that's still struggling should kill him/ her self cos of wedding. there's no guarantee you'll get back your money as gift or other things so better advice yourselves

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by ImaIma1(f): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
Most times it is family members...especially parents that make things difficult in planning a wedding. It is supposed to be the couple's wedding.

But then, as you are planning for 150 guests, your mum or MIL has her extra 100 guests. It can be really frustrating having issues over "show-off" motivated decisions.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by zionking10(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2018
imagine spending heavily on a ceremony then you go broke after the ceremony... it does not portray common sense

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
Modesty in celebration is not part of our culture oooooo

We do our things elaborately. From the Senegal to Egypt, to Somalia down to South Africa, we Africans celebrate conscientiously.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Get a sensible Woman and you are good to go. smiley

If you know, you know grin

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by flyca: 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2018
princfred:
All those local feminists no go see this one to emulate. Na after Nigerian men spend heavily to buy ...ehmm ...marry them finish then they will suddenly forget who should be primarily responsible for cooking.
E be like say them use this word swear for y'all pencil preeeeks undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by flyca: 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
OP, we and Russians (or any other) are different cultures, different ideologies, different religious principles. We have our own way of doing stuff.

We Africans have our heritage and we must be proud if it! We are tied into closely knitted family units. We love to celebrate together as communities. We also mourn together. Economic factors should not be the reason why we would not do what we are supposed to do, especially when we can.

My point is: We must not copy everything we see. We must not be like them!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by princfred(m): 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
flyca:

E be like say them use this word swear for y'all pencil preeeeks undecided
Am pained so has that made you happy and wet now. grin

If i catch you for one corner and unfold and roll out my tool for, in, at, within and on you ehh.......there will be damages and bandages afterwards.... cool

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
famousbowale:
I was privileged to officiate the wedding of this lovely couple from our church. Total attendance was around 20-25 people (Even though they are music ministers in our congregation). A simple celebration in a wonderful location with only closest friends and relatives. All gifts were mostly in form of cash in an envelope so that as they say in Russia, "the couple will count money all through the wedding night". All through the ceremony, I was just thinking, "I so wish weddings were this simple in my beloved country, Nigeria".
So many eligible bachelors can't get married because of the heavy load of cultural and traditional obligations. I suggest it's high time we review some of these things.
It’s POSSIBLE in NIGERIA.
Very Possible.
Discuss with ur wife-to-be, since the every lady’s problem remains how to “FLAUNT WHITE GOWN” on the social media.
Just book for a COURT WEDDING, ask her to come with her White Gown, get wedded and move your guests to a nice eatery.

However, what you call a SIMPLE WEDDING in the OVERSEAS is not applicable to what you have in Africa, especially for someone just coming from AFRICA where poverty is 2nd to none.

I had wanted to have to simple wedding in the US, went out to make inquiries only for me to be told that the least special car I could get for a simple wedding was an “old model Limousine “, which I was billed $1000 for.”
MEN, I ran away because it never sounded nice to me since I just relocated.
I had to discuss with my wife traveled back together and had a society wedding with that meagre cash I made in the US.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by brixton: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
You will think this is simple and cheap until you see the price to rent/lease this facility. Most of em resort will only let you bring cake from outside, every other thing will be sourced at the resort at high cost.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
Your choice.....

See ya Nairaland wink
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Kirchhoff01(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
Guy do wedding make guys come around... abi you wan do am lowkey... If you still wan do am lowkey, just make out a list of number of persons to invite say 50-100 cos the lower the number the better for you and it should be strictly by invitation...

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by ifyalways(f): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
We should stop blaming tradition abeg when in reality, the truth of the matter is that the couple most often than not are the architect of their own problem ; living a fake life, creating false impressions and going for a big societal wedding.

No one will kill you or stop you from having a small modest wedding ceremony. If you can comfortably afford 20M wedding,go for it. If your pocket says 50K, be bold and go for it too. Don't live to impress people who frankly no matter how.much you spend or hard you try, you never can genuinely impress. Mouth must talk.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by haconjy(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
Have started crying when my wife to be spend all the money I gave her to buy her bags and shoes at cost of 90k I bust into cry as a teacher, how will I get that amount again before DEC 8... Next time no wedding on my agenda o

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by 1stola: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
My dream type of wedding......

I don't want uninvited guests at my wedding

If I didn't invite you, don't fucklng show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by IMASTEX: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
Okay
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by highchief1: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
famousbowale:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214263019823362&id=1051636033
u Dey crase I spent over 12m on my wedding if u love your wife you will spend on ur wedding.my intro alone was over 1.5m

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by qanda: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by whytediamond(m): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
Y

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Prostitutes Twerk At Funeral Service Of Their Colleague (Pics, Video) / Professional Wedding & Event Coverage @ Affordable Rates! / "Are You Sure You Are 24 Or 42?" - Lady Who Celebrated Her 24th Birthday Asked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.