Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) (20584 Views)

Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) / Three Story Building Collapses In Jos, Many Feared Dead, Others Injured / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by janefblog: 11:54am On Oct 18, 2018
11 persons have been reportedly trapped under a three storey building that collapsed in Nnewi, Anambra.

The building which collapsed in the early hours of today, Thursday, 18th October is located in Okpuno, Otolo, in Nnewi North Local Government Area of the state, and belong to one Collins Avoyi.

According to the state police command’s spokesperson, SP Mohammed Haruna, nine of the trapped victims have been rescued and taken to hospital while effort was on to get the remaining two out of the rubbles. He said the trapped workers included foreign masons from the Republic of Togo and the site is being secured by police to prevent looters from taking advantage of the situation.

“A three storey building belonging to one Mr Avoyi Collins ‘m’ collapsed at Okpuno Otolo in Nnewi North LGA of Anambra.

https://janefblog.com/4218-2-11-trapped-as-three-story-building-collapses-in-anambra/

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by qwertyboss(m): 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
Shey na Architecture they supervise Engineer!

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by qwertyboss(m): 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Go for soil test. You no gree
Hire professional Engineering. You say their too expensive
Na all da money way you use don waste

I just pray that no. Live will be lost

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by kawaodne(m): 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
tongue tongue
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by Richdad50(m): 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
When the wicked is in power the people perish but the rule of the righteous brings forth joy and happiness to the people.
The reign of Buhari has brought untold hardship, killings, pain, and abject poverty to the people.
The rise of Atiku may well be nigeria's last chance to redeem itself from entering the abyss and the well of doom.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
h
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by holuwarlay08(m): 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
i rest my case!!!

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by KwoiZabo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
The weight of the parapet must have caused it. that is why i don't like that thing.

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by kennosklint(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
igbo amaka

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by Ogaga87(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
Poverty na bastard...
I pray for God's mercies for those trapped in this..
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by Benekruku(m): 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
Erosion washing off foundations of buildings

That state might be underground in 100years to come

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by Ogaga87(m): 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
qwertyboss:
Go for soil test. You no gree
Hire professional Engineering. You say their too expensive
Na all da money way you use don waste

Penny wise Palm mumu

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by Benekruku(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
Richdad50:
When the wicked is in power the people perish but the rule of the righteous brings forth joy and happiness to the people.
The reign of Buhari has brought untold hardship, killings, pain, and abject poverty to the people.
The rise of Atiku may well be nigeria's last chance to redeem itself from entering the abyss.

Is your head paining you?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by WebSurfer(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
Engineer must have runnaway now
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by LordKingsley: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
Igbo ama...

All they care about is how to drain life out of their tenants and employees and go about living large while people suffer, even maintainace they won't do.. undecided

Wicked landlords

2 Likes

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by BlueRayDick: 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
Richdad50:
The rise of Atiku may well be nigeria's last chance to redeem itself from entering the abyss and the well of doom.

So na Buhari buy substandard building materials give the man? Àbí na Buhari no consult professional engineers/ certified construction company? Later Una go say una go school. See how u dey reason undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2018
cool
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by 1stola: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
chai

osu criminal builders used inferior materials angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by chuks34(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2018
OMG
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by oshe111(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
qwertyboss:
Go for soil test. You no gree Hire professional Engineering. You say their too expensive Na all da money way you use don waste

Na so

Every Mason Man for street now claims to be an Engineer
Worse thing is most clients would rather patronise them cos they are cheap

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by perez100: 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
Honestly, Buhari is a failure.

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by deonlylastborn: 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
Anambra govt will automatically take that land.... Sorry to the owner

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
KwoiZabo:
The weight of the parapet must have caused it. that is why i don't like that thing.
Don't say what you don't know angry
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by queenbetsy(f): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
lord have mercy!!!!
cry cry cry cry cry cry

honestly, i don't like storey buildings undecided

I pray they are fine oh smiley smiley
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by perez100: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2018
People from Osun State are 'Osus'
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by joycluv: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2018
End-Time Building Construction Ltd! The mud houses built by our fore fathers are still standing in the villages. Remember: No 9" blocks, no 5" concrete footing, no iron rods, no German floor, no beams, no columns, no parapet, etc on these buildings yet they have not collapsed.
Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by perez100: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2018
People from Osun State are regarded as 'Osus'

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by harley88(m): 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
Richdad50:

See you putting that pic below ur idiotic statement like what you posted made any sense.

1 Like

Re: Three Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photo) by harley88(m): 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
perez100:
People from Osun State are 'Osus'

So was that meant to be funny.... cos it isn't at all.
How is it even related to the post

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PRIVATE HOSTEL INVESTMENT( UPDATE.) 119.58% 1NCOME PROJECTION IN 5 YEAR / Onye Eze: A Man We Helped Rented Out Our Property - Man Writes / I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.