Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,454 members, 7,843,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

The Power In The Eucharist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power In The Eucharist (428 Views)

The Eucharist Is The Most Powerful Thing In The World / The Eucharist In The Catholic Church: Part 2(history) / The Eucharist In The Catholic Church: Part 1(origin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power In The Eucharist by chenkov(m): 12:57am On Oct 19, 2018
The Eucharist in the Catholic Church is the celebration of Mass,the Eucharistic liturgy.

The term Eucharist is also used for the bread and wine when transubstantiated(the substance having been changed into the body and blood,soul and divinity of Jesus Christ.
Christ himself instituted the sacrifice at the last supper on the night He was betrayed.

Consecrated hosts are kept in a tabernacle after mass so that the Blessed Sacrament can be brought to the sick and dying outside the time of mass.
This also makes possible for the practice of Eucharistic adoration.
A visit to the Blessed Sacrament is a proof of gratitude, an expression of love towards our lord Jesus Christ.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There had been various back and forth arguments across various faith denominations as to the truth of the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
But my aim here is to share my personal experience and that of my friends.
So here goes it.

Growing up as a young Catholic having passed through catechism and receiving my first holy communion.
My understanding of the Eucharist had been centered around head knowledge but not on a deeper level.

In 1998, I joined a pious group named " Pages of The Blessed Sacrament ".
We were taught to adore and worship Christ in the blessed sacrament.

Sometimes in 2003, I attended a retreat organised by same pious group.
The retreat master, a Priest shared a testimony of what happened in his parish.
He told us the story of a Muslim woman who was told by doctors that her only son had 72 hours to live.
The woman had tried all she could to keep her son alive, having exhausted all available options she had.
She remembered what her Catholic co-tenant used to say about the blessed sacrament.
She followed her to morning mass, received communion, removed it from her mouth, put it in a drug envelope and rushed to the hospital where her son was bedridden and gave him to eat.
It was a step of Faith.

Against the doctors prognosis, he did not die, instead he was healed miraculously and was discharged to the shock and amazement of the doctors.
They couldn't believe their eyes.
That was how the woman and her family became Catholics.

My friend Kenneth, a fellow Charismatic leader during our days on campus shared with me two testimonies.
He is also a devoted Legionary too (a Catholic lay apostolate).

While he was at home during the long semester break,
he was assigned to visit the Hospital and Pray for the sick. He ministered to a woman who was bedridden for weeks without responding to treatment.
The woman got well to the glory of God.

Guess what happened next?

A dreaded witchdoctor came to his house to threaten him, he was angry at my friend for healing the woman as he was the one responsible for her affliction.
The man gave him seven days to bring materials for appeasement or be struck dead.

Against the advise of his friends and some concerned family members.
He refused to yield.

He went on a Fast during the 7days visiting the Blessed Sacrament morning and evening committing himself to Christ.
On the 7th day, the native doctor died mysteriously.

He told another testimony again.
This one happened when we were on our six months Industrial training (it was during our 400L).
He happened to work in an hospital laboratory.
According to him, a young lady was diagnosed with HIV+.
She was weeping uncontrollably and rolling on the floor.
He was moved with pity at her hopelessness and helplessness. So he summoned courage and went to console her and told her to go wait for him in the Church, as he was not yet through for the day.
After work hours, he went to meet her in the church and started exhorting her with the Scriptures. He gave her a 9 day prayer to pray which also involve a visit to the blessed sacrament.
He joined her in the prayer too.

Guess what?
The HIV+ result turned HIV- to the glory of God.

Now to my own testimony.

When I was staying in the hostel, there used to be this guy who stays in a room adjacent mine.
He was in the Engineering department, he came in through direct entry.
We were in same level (200L) in second semester.
He is what I will call a reading and cramming machine.
This guy could read for hours nonstop without getting tired. I got to know him through one of my room mate because they attend same tutorial class.
He attends one of these Pentecostal churches.

I was leaving for lecture one day when this guy stopped me on the way with teary eyes and look of disappointment.
He held my hands begging me to please pray for him that he needed God's intervention desperately. I couldn't believe my eyes. In my mind,I was trying to imagine how a guy who studied so hard would be having a GPA of less than 1.
For a first timer,that's a very weak foundation to start with.
The second semester was all he had(his only lifeline) before he would kicked out of school(if he doesn't improve academically)

I gathered myself together. I was moved to tears too.
I asked him to write down his full names and Matric no on a sheet of paper and hand it to me.
So I collected it and left.
I went before the Tabernacle lying down prostrate, placed the paper on the floor, presented the case before Christ.
Only once and that was all. I forgot about it and moved on.

Fast forward to a year later. I had left school hostel and was living off campus.
We never met since then until we ran into each other one afternoon on my way back from lectures.

With smiles written all over his face he hailed me.
He broke the good news telling me how his results greatly improved from then on. I blessed God for his life.
One of our sisters in the charismatic came to me to complain that she was facing sexual harassment from one of her course lecturers. She told me she had been begging the man all to no avail and she was not ready to compromise her dignity. The Lecturer was threatening to fail her if she refused.
So I simply told her to visit the blessed sacrament and report the man to Jesus.
After which she would go again to see the lecturer in his office the next day.
She came back with testimonies the next day telling me how she went to meet the lecturer in his office and the man walked her out calling her a witch.
That He was no longer interested in her anymore.
I roared into laughter, giving her a warm handshake and asked her to teach others what she had learnt.
That was not all.
She had a distinction in that course.

CHRIST IS TRULY PRESENT IN THE BLESSED SACRAMENT AND HE STILL WORK WONDERS FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE.

I would have loved to share more but let me stop here.

See you again next time for a very powerful,inspiring, and soul lifting moment together.

https://chenkovwrites..com/2018/09/the-power-in-eucharist.html

1 Like

Re: The Power In The Eucharist by chiommy123(f): 2:50am On Oct 19, 2018
stop deceiving yourself with your blessed sacrament whatever. God answers prayers anywhere he wants

(1) (Reply)

The Secrets Of Exceedingly Growing Faith / How Do One Ask For Forgiveness? / Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.