Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) (986 Views)

My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? / Who Should Buy New Pumping Machine In A House The Landlord Isn't Occupying / The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by OXLANDOWN: 5:09am On Oct 19, 2018
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE GENERAL OVERSEER, RCCG, PASTOR E. ADEBOYE
I am a member of the RCCG who unfortunately has fallen victim of the whims and tricks of one of your pastors, Segun Odewunmi of the Restoration Parish, situated at 223A, Agege Motor Rd., Mushin, Lagos.
The above-mentioned building which has 4 floors was built by my late father, of which I own the 1st floor, one of my brothers own the ground floor and another, the 2nd and 3rd floors. The ground and 1st floors were earlier rented by Union Bank while the 2nd and 3rd floors were rented by Pastor Segun.
The pastor claims he has an agreement with my brother who owns the 2nd and 3rd floors to purchase those floors but has decided to forcefully take over the 1st floor which is mine. I called the Pastor severally to warn him to stay clear of my floor because if he has an agreement to purchase my brother’s assets, such an agreement cannot be extended to encompass me, as we are separate individuals. He rebuffed all my warnings and continued renovation work on the house which he started without notifying me and broke down my attached BQ also. I contacted several family members and some RCCG pastors to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone but to no avail. On July 3, 2018, after all pleas fell on deaf ears, I got my lawyer to write to Pastor Segun to stop work in and stay off my property. Still, he did not relent. He went ahead to fix floor tiles, install toilets and sinks, put up some windows. I figured it was best I install doors as he had taken the previous ones off. I bought 2 steel doors, bought materials for installation and paid workers to install them. On Sept 14, the workers got to my property, only to be mercilessly beaten by Pastor Segun and his thugs. The materials, including doors, bags of cement, bags of sand, blocks, tools and other were thrown outside the gate, where some have been taken by passers-by, and others still lie till today.
Being a Christian, I believed the issue could be resolved amicably and I instructed my lawyer to book a meeting with Pastor Segun to hear out the matter. They held a meeting on Sept 21, 2018, after which Pastor Segun brought up an expense list of over 30million naira with a 5million worth of damages included. He claims damages on the grounds that he planned to use my floor for a school and he has restructured the floor to suit that purpose (without my consent). At the meeting, Pastor Segun said he had spent 88million in the renovation of the whole building out of which I have to pay him over 30million for the renovation of my floor (which I never gave him permission to do) otherwise I have no option but to sell the floor to him.
On Oct. 4, 2018, after reporting the issue to the police, I decided to go ahead to install doors again. I bought materials and paid workers to carry out the job. On arrival, my workers discovered Pastor Segun has gone ahead to install his own doors on my floor, affirming his intent to usurp the property. Once again, Pastor Segun called upon his thugs to send my workers away and throw my materials outside the gate.
In light of all these, please Pastor Segun should be asked the following questions.
1. Has he ever had any agreement with me to purchase my property? If yes, when? Agreed price? Date of payment? Form of payment? Sale Agreement? Deed of Transfer?
2. Before he went ahead to start renovation work, did he inform me? Did he tell me the start and end date or the duration of the project? Did he notify me of the extent of work to be done? Did he obtain my consent to alter my floor plan? Did he seek my consent before destroying my BQ?
3. Pastor Segun should explain his intentions why he has refused to desist from working on my floor after being warned formally and informally to keep off the floor. I believe its all an attempt to extort money from me or forcefully make me give up the property to him.
4. The right Pastor Segun has to take over my property and bar my workers from gaining access to it. THE FLOOR IS LEGALLY MINE.
It seems unreasonable and unheard of, that, someone will spend 88million from the coffers of the church on a building that has not been purchased by the church. It is possible Pastor Segun could have made fraudulent presentations/misrepresentations to the church to have such money released to him for his own personal interests, as this still baffles me. I am pleading with the church to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone and refrain from using his thugs to beat up every worker I send to my property.
I humbly await on the G.O. and the pastors and elders in the church to intervene in the issue and restore my confidence in the church as I believe his intervention in this matter will be with the wisdom of King Solomon.
Thank you.
Your humble RCCG member.
October 12, 2018
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by Shookonekilla: 5:10am On Oct 19, 2018

Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by cooldipo(m): 5:22am On Oct 19, 2018
you put church name for very fast Solution grin

Don't you worry anymore Pastor Segun will hear from the powers that be shocked

If all you said are the complete truth, then this is another pointer to how weak our laws and justice system can be as the police and court seems too weak to settle the Civil case..... Which way Nigeria?
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by ipobarethieves: 5:22am On Oct 19, 2018
sad undecided most RCCG memba are crook, thieves .I stop reading at 88 million Take the matter to Yaba Military barrack,olosan police.and drag the useless bastard outta ur property .Dey are very ingrate pipu.
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by josephobaro(m): 5:24am On Oct 19, 2018
I now see why God said His judgement will start from the church.
If you have tried informal, formal, then use force(soldiers), just maybe he is acting on the scripture that the violent takes it by force.
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by ipobarethieves: 5:29am On Oct 19, 2018
Stop wasting ur time writing useless letter wey go end in trash can.Go and their Hq and cause commotion..They are thieves
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by cooldipo(m): 5:33am On Oct 19, 2018
ipobarethieves:
Stop wasting ur time writing useless letter wey go end in trash can.Go and their Hq and cause commotion..They are thieves

You know you can be sued for this shocked
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by OXLANDOWN: 5:41am On Oct 19, 2018
My people he has petitioned him and his thugs before the Lagos state commissioner of police and during several meetings it has been made clear to him that he is using the might of church to oppress my friend who is currently not around. How can this happen in this modern day despite the several attempts to make the headquarters intervene in the matter.
All letters and plea to the HQ have so far been ignored. But I believe the power of the voice of the people.

Make una help us shout please o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to RCCG

1 Like

Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by pussyeater(m): 5:42am On Oct 19, 2018
ipobarethieves:
Will you shut the hell up

Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by olaric(m): 5:47am On Oct 19, 2018
Go to the provincial headquarters of your parish to make a complain. Something however, doesn't add up here, why is your lawyer not advising you to go to court?
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by OXLANDOWN: 6:19am On Oct 19, 2018
His materials thrown out of the compound by the pastor and his thugs.

1 Like

Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by godfatherx: 6:25am On Oct 19, 2018
If after involving your lawyer, and he has taken the steps highlighted above yet hasn't file a suit in court, then there may be some lapses at your end which the pastor is exploiting.

This case need to be in court by now and all works stopped in the building.
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by chiommy123(f): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2018
rugged pastor. people don't appreciate peaceful talk they understand violence better so use that or visit okija and report him there since police no wan act those guys act faster and better
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 6:47am On Oct 19, 2018
OXLANDOWN:
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE GENERAL OVERSEER, RCCG, PASTOR E. ADEBOYE
I am a member of the RCCG who unfortunately has fallen victim of the whims and tricks of one of your pastors, Segun Odewunmi of the Restoration Parish, situated at 223A, Agege Motor Rd., Mushin, Lagos.
The above-mentioned building which has 4 floors was built by my late father, of which I own the 1st floor, one of my brothers own the ground floor and another, the 2nd and 3rd floors. The ground and 1st floors were earlier rented by Union Bank while the 2nd and 3rd floors were rented by Pastor Segun.
The pastor claims he has an agreement with my brother who owns the 2nd and 3rd floors to purchase those floors but has decided to forcefully take over the 1st floor which is mine. I called the Pastor severally to warn him to stay clear of my floor because if he has an agreement to purchase my brother’s assets, such an agreement cannot be extended to encompass me, as we are separate individuals. He rebuffed all my warnings and continued renovation work on the house which he started without notifying me and broke down my attached BQ also. I contacted several family members and some RCCG pastors to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone but to no avail. On July 3, 2018, after all pleas fell on deaf ears, I got my lawyer to write to Pastor Segun to stop work in and stay off my property. Still, he did not relent. He went ahead to fix floor tiles, install toilets and sinks, put up some windows. I figured it was best I install doors as he had taken the previous ones off. I bought 2 steel doors, bought materials for installation and paid workers to install them. On Sept 14, the workers got to my property, only to be mercilessly beaten by Pastor Segun and his thugs. The materials, including doors, bags of cement, bags of sand, blocks, tools and other were thrown outside the gate, where some have been taken by passers-by, and others still lie till today.
Being a Christian, I believed the issue could be resolved amicably and I instructed my lawyer to book a meeting with Pastor Segun to hear out the matter. They held a meeting on Sept 21, 2018, after which Pastor Segun brought up an expense list of over 30million naira with a 5million worth of damages included. He claims damages on the grounds that he planned to use my floor for a school and he has restructured the floor to suit that purpose (without my consent). At the meeting, Pastor Segun said he had spent 88million in the renovation of the whole building out of which I have to pay him over 30million for the renovation of my floor (which I never gave him permission to do) otherwise I have no option but to sell the floor to him.
On Oct. 4, 2018, after reporting the issue to the police, I decided to go ahead to install doors again. I bought materials and paid workers to carry out the job. On arrival, my workers discovered Pastor Segun has gone ahead to install his own doors on my floor, affirming his intent to usurp the property. Once again, Pastor Segun called upon his thugs to send my workers away and throw my materials outside the gate.
In light of all these, please Pastor Segun should be asked the following questions.
1. Has he ever had any agreement with me to purchase my property? If yes, when? Agreed price? Date of payment? Form of payment? Sale Agreement? Deed of Transfer?
2. Before he went ahead to start renovation work, did he inform me? Did he tell me the start and end date or the duration of the project? Did he notify me of the extent of work to be done? Did he obtain my consent to alter my floor plan? Did he seek my consent before destroying my BQ?
3. Pastor Segun should explain his intentions why he has refused to desist from working on my floor after being warned formally and informally to keep off the floor. I believe its all an attempt to extort money from me or forcefully make me give up the property to him.
4. The right Pastor Segun has to take over my property and bar my workers from gaining access to it. THE FLOOR IS LEGALLY MINE.
It seems unreasonable and unheard of, that, someone will spend 88million from the coffers of the church on a building that has not been purchased by the church. It is possible Pastor Segun could have made fraudulent presentations/misrepresentations to the church to have such money released to him for his own personal interests, as this still baffles me. I am pleading with the church to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone and refrain from using his thugs to beat up every worker I send to my property.
I humbly await on the G.O. and the pastors and elders in the church to intervene in the issue and restore my confidence in the church as I believe his intervention in this matter will be with the wisdom of King Solomon.
Thank you.
Your humble RCCG member.
October 12, 2018

Call on lala and admin to move this to front page ASAP
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by ipobarethieves: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2018
cooldipo:

You know you can be sued for this shocked
sue for shouting for help? Most of those RCCG pastors are criminals/ not clean.
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by ipobarethieves: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2018
pussyeater:
Will you shut the hell up
u can as well slap the Elderly ones above 48 in ur house.
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by CNN80: 3:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
If all this is true, then you better learn how to use social media to its full extent. Post this on RCCG twitter and facebook accounts, link to the police, radio and tv social media accounts, make sure you repeat the posts everyday.

Make noise there as obnoxiously as possible. If you have time repeat the posts every hour.

I have used this effectively with MTN and EKEDP and gotten my due.

Good luck.
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by OXLANDOWN: 5:13am On Oct 22, 2018
Thanks for all the responses. We are settled in our minds that it may only take time. The Pastor will have to return the property.
We received a bogus expense list for #30,000,000.00 full of dubious explanations.
A staff at the RCCG head office has requested for our contact(s) which we have sent to them. We hope they are able to control this pastor who has said he must use my property(My floor) for a school. He is tired of preaching now it is to become a principal for a school where the average member of the public cannot afford.

#Past. Segunodewumi leave the property alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will continue to update everyone as we have a meeting at the Lagos Police HQ in days to come. The police in all fairness so far despite all the external influences have kept to telling the truth that he does not have a case. And to all the powerhouse that they are calling to oppress us, please be aware that once we know your names they will be published for the public to know what you are doing. (Connection abi?)

Our Mumu don do.

1 Like

Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by OXLANDOWN: 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
My Dear Nairalanders,
If you expose the evil one, then they will get angry.
Pastor Segun Odewumi of RCCG. I know you have threatened our friends that you will or have influenced the police to arrest or even kill them . But remember that you or your agents will not leave your heads at home when you embark on such a journey. The Law will soon catch up with you.

Let it be on record that you made this statement today 23rd of October 2018.

The voice of the people is the voice of God.
Leave the property alone.
#segunodewumi leave the property alone and go about your yahoo work.
Re: HELP! RCCG Pst.segun Odewunmi Forcefully Occupying My Friend's Property (Mushin) by OXLANDOWN: 2:00am On Oct 30, 2018
While the pastor was busy deceiving everyone that he wants peace. In his normal dubious way, he went ahead to create an unapproved school in the said property. He made the exterior look like a construction site and inside a school enriching himself and putting the lives of little children at risk of falling off the first floor.

The Lagos state ministry of education should go and close that school before something terrible happens there.

This Franchise style of RCCG branches system must stop because the pastors have turned themselves into motivational speakers and businessmen.

(1) (Reply)

Plots Of Land For Sale In Ughelli / Bespoke Architectural Designs At Your Fingertips / Land For Sale In Osubi, Warri, Delta State 08034812701

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.