Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer (6030 Views)

Dangote Becomes $20m Wealthier, Maintains Spot As Africa’s Richest Man / South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man / Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
UNILEVER CERTIFIED AS AFRICA’S TOP EMPLOYER

Leading international FMCG company Unilever has been certified as the number one Top Employer in Africa for the fourth time. The prestigious accolade was announced at the Top Employer Institute award ceremony held at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Unilever has also been certified the number one Top Employer in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Zimbabwe. Unilever Vice President of Human Resources in Africa, Mechell Chetty, said the Top Employer Africa Certification for Unilever affirmed the company’s ability to deliver a world class employment experience consistently across the continent. “The Top Employer brand signals to talent that we are committed to staff development and helping our employees reach their personal ambitions. The certification also provides us with important feedback about how we can improve our HR practices.”

The countries were ranked in an extremely competitive HR best practices survey conducted by the Top Employers Institute. Criteria examined included Talent Strategy, On-boarding, Learning and Development, Performance Management, Career and Succession Management, and Leadership Development, Compensation & Benefits and Culture.

One of these initiatives is the Unilever Future Leaders Programme, which each year receives thousands of applications from graduates. The programme is designed to develop business leaders of tomorrow and provides on-the-job training, exposure to best in class thought leaders, international experiences, collaborative projects and practical experience in bringing Unilever’s sustainability agenda to life.

On her part, the Human Resources Director, Unilever Ghana Nigeria, Eniola Onimole, said that Unilever invests in its people through initiatives that contributes to their success in the organisation. “These initiatives include international careers exposure, mentorship programmes, flexible working patterns, graduate recruitment programme and a world class leadership development curriculum.”

Given the high unemployment rate in Africa, Unilever Africa’s HR purpose is to address youth unemployment through their Level up Programme. The programme is designed to prepare youth for the world of work. “To date Unilever Africa has reached over 80 000 youth across the continent through face to face connects and digital platforms delivering nine relevant impactful modules. We will not stop there, our ambition is to reach one million youth across the continent” said Chetty. Technology-enabled learning has allowed Unilever to enhance flexible learning to suit different learning styles, learning on the go, anywhere and anytime. “We have an online platform which provides learning courses, podcasts, videos, articles tailored to the employee’s individual’s needs,” concluded Chetty.

By being able to leverage global best practices, combined with expertise and understanding of Africa, Unilever has been able to continuously create an environment that allows people to thrive and perform with purpose.

https://www.unilever.co.za/news/press-releases/2018/unilever-certified-as-africas-top-employer.html

1 Like

Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by forgiveness: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
Hmmm! grin
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by pawesome(m): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by shugacaneman: 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2018
Atiku alone has employed more than 50k in Nigeria alone, as claimed.
Politicians and lies are like lighter and weed.

3 Likes

Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by spikemmy(m): 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2018
Una try oh
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by qanda: 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
Ok. I hope they have improved on their graduate recruiting process. Not just limiting it to multi interview phases and a final interview that is about 12 hours without supporting the shortlisted candidates with transport fare throughout the process. My perception after going through their interview process to the final stage saw me stop using any of their products, I realized I stopped using any of their products and traced it to the not so satisfactory final interview experience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by qanda: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by Simbaz(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
Cool

I want to buy a verified Nigerian AdSense
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by DaV8King(m): 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2018
I disagree............at least in Nigeria.

Not with the Dangote Group in existence.

Dangcem, Dangflour, NASCON, Alheri, DIL etc staff kindly show yourselves!
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by qanda: 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
DaV8King:
I disagree............at least in Nigeria.

Not with the Dangote Group in existence.

Dangcem, Dangflour, NASCON, Alheri, DIL etc staff kindly show yourselves!
You disagree because you work with these companies or you know people who work with them? You should back your statements with FACTs.
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by arilewo(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2018
Nigerians populace are very gullible and Nigerian politicians know how to lie very well. I once worked with a multinational company here who has like 3000 workers in it's yard and I know what it looks like to have 1000 employees. The so called company still has less than 100000 employees worldwide and Atiku is claiming 50000 employees in Nigeria. It is nothing but a big fat lie.
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by Toosure70: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2018
My former employer. Una well done o
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by CharlesJok3r: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2018
The best people to work with in this world are the dutch, so generous, nice, humble and intellegent.
Not suprised it unilever again this year. And they will be leading in more years to come.
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by Cdec(m): 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
Nice work!

IQ Express Nigeria Limited has been awarded a distributorship contract by FDK Corporation, the world largest manufacturer of Ni-MH batteries. The contract makes the company the ONLY distributor of Fujitsu consumer battery products in Nigeria and sub Saharan Africa. We are in need of distributors in Nigeria, South Africa and Ghana. interested persons should contact us on +234 7039458560 or send an email to emeka.nze@iqexpress.co.uk
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by IloveToMess: 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2018
Atikulating 2019 issa goal...
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by OlujobaSamuel: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2018
hmmmmm, are they the employer with the highest number of employee or the best?
If the number of staff, then a figure should be quoted with details of runnerup.
I think it's best employer and not highest.
btw, i saw that 80k figure but read well, it's a kinda csr programme and not their employee
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by OlujobaSamuel: 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2018
shugacaneman:
Atiku alone has employed more than 50k in Nigeria alone, as claimed.
Politicians and lies are like lighter and weed.
lol, you dey mind dem, an average nigerian not internet savvy cant name any of his company including INTEL, yet dem dey tell us sey e get 50k on his payroll
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by Ibro27: 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2018
What ever, PMB 2x
Re: Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer by Lifestyleof9ja(m): 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2018
Here are list of international companies looking for good business ideas to fund in nigeria
Click on this link to gain access
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunkanmivaughan.bizdir

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make Money Through Investing 70,000 On The Internet Business / New Biz/Entrepreneurship Club / Ragp Telecom Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.