Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Does A Small Scale Business Supposed To Pay Tax In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does A Small Scale Business Supposed To Pay Tax In Nigeria (207 Views)

Wema Records 196 Percent Profit Before Tax In 2023 Financial Report / Tax In Nigeria: How Is It Calculated? / Get Your Profitable Small Scale Business Easily Started And Successfully Managed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does A Small Scale Business Supposed To Pay Tax In Nigeria by Chestan(m): 12:04am On Oct 20, 2018
Last night I received a call that a friend of mine was arrested for not paying board of internal revenue in Enugu state.
I asked myself, a young man owning a small shop doing laundry, trying to find his feet and create a pathway for himself was arrested and taken to the police station even after trying to settle his way out with the sum of #5,000 (NGN[/i]) of which the cash was collected from him and pocketed and was still taken to the station. Upon getting there, he tried to reason out with them that he settled his way but was thrown behind the counter and was later thrown in the call.
After that night, he had to place some calls and friends came to his aide to spend another #10,000(NGN).[i]

This leave me to ask this question
DOES A SMALL SCALE BUSINESS PAY BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE TAX IN NIGERIA (ENUGU)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Sweep The South South In 2019 / Assessing Nigeria’s Gains From OPEC Output Deal / 3bed Semi Detached Duplex For Sale In Lagos State @orchid Hotel Rd.(3bed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.