Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle (2460 Views)

Bike Rider Spotted Towing An 18-Seater Bus With His Motorcycle In Lagos (Video) / Motorcyclist Used CD As The Side Mirror For His Motorcycle In Ondo State. / Five Tips For Riding A Motorcycle In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by debusy008(m): 3:53am On Oct 20, 2018
Currently I'm riding a 125cc clutchless Chinese motorcycle but very soon I'll be moving to Lagos where 125cc is not allowed on its major road.
Now I need another motorcycle within 400-750cc with comfort riding position for slow ride in traffic(10km/h) and for long distance ride like 150-250km(145km/h speed) to ibadan/Abuja once in a while with easy shifting( clutchless/auto gear or assisted clutch system), wind/weather protection, good fuel efficiency, light weight and a passenger seat. I'm looking at sport touring bike but they are kind of heavy
I need suggestion on motorcycle to buy that will suit my above needs and where to buy it ?

1 Like

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by kelvine(m): 4:52am On Oct 20, 2018
When you are ready PM me.
If you don't want to PM check Yamaha office in Apapa Oshodi Lagos

debusy008:
Currently I'm riding a 125cc clutchless Chinese motorcycle but very soon I'll be moving to Lagos where 125cc is not allowed on its major road.
Now I need another motorcycle within 400-750cc with comfort riding position for slow ride in traffic(10km/h) and for long distance ride like 150-250km(145km/h speed) to ibadan/Abuja once in a while with easy shifting( clutchless/auto gear or assisted clutch system), wind/weather protection, good fuel efficiency, light weight and a passenger seat. I'm looking at sport touring bike but they are kind of heavy
I need suggestion on motorcycle to buy that will suit my above needs and where to buy it ?
Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by nurey(m): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2018
debusy008:

cc shagati he is a known rider and can give you pointers

cc egunmogaji too though daddy is currently missing the change grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2018
nurey:

cc shagati he is a known rider and can give you pointers

cc egunmogaji too though daddy is currently missing the change grin

I enjoyed the change from September 15 to October 10. Did some wrenching too in the garage grin

1 Like

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by diportivo: 2:05pm On Oct 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I enjoyed the change from September 15 to October 10. Did some wrenching too in the garage grin

uncle

I am angry

how can u have so much disregard for a whole Goldberg bottle and have it sit by itself on the ground angry

a whole goldberg shocked

it is totally unacceptable sir

Goldberg na Baba anytime anyday and shldnt be disrespected........weda the bottle is empty or not grin

I see a good old portmanteau there too cool

1 Like

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2018
diportivo:

uncle

I am angry

how can u have so much disregard for a whole Goldberg bottle and have it sit by itself on the ground angry

a whole goldberg shocked

it is totally unacceptable sir

Goldberg na Baba anytime anyday and shldnt be disrespected........weda the bottle is empty or not grin

I see a good old portmanteau there too cool

I keep some good stuff locked in the portmanteau out of reach of my MaiGuard grin

Goldberg is for my Micra drivers - it’s their blood type. I’m a Star man myself.

OP, why an automatic motorcycle if I may ask?

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by debusy008(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I keep some good stuff locked in the portmanteau out of reach of my MaiGuard grin

Goldberg is for my Micra drivers - it’s their blood type. I’m a Star man myself.

OP, why an automatic motorcycle if I may ask?

I'm having issue riding clutch bikes, I stall them alot except if d bike is new

1 Like

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2018
debusy008:

I see.

I've never ridden a clutchless motorcycle before.

I'm not sure how popular hence feasible this might be in Nigeria.

I would suggest getting a used cheap okada type bike to practice shifting around the neighborhood. I think clutched bike will give you better control, at least in spirited riding.

Good luck. We meed more riders.

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by Shagati(m): 12:09am On Oct 21, 2018
debusy008:

Not sure you want to be riding a motorbike in Lagos traffic if you are still at the stage of stalling 'clutched' bikes.

Automatic options are mostly scooters
A Gilera GP 800 would be my choice if I absolutely had to.

There are some dual sport offerings from Honda with what they call the DCT with no clutch lever.
The VFR1200X Crosstourer sits here

EgunMogaji:

I would suggest getting a used cheap okada type bike to practice shifting around the neighborhood. I think clutched bike will give you better control, at least in spirited riding.

Good luck. We meed more riders.
As advised already, I would also advise you raise your competency level and get a mainstream 6-speed 1300cc 600cc bike when you're ready

4 Likes

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by debusy008(m): 12:48am On Oct 21, 2018
kelvine:
When you are ready PM me.
If you don't want to PM check Yamaha office in Apapa Oshodi Lagos

do you sell used bikes ?

Shagati:

Not sure you want to be riding a motorbike in Lagos traffic if you are still at the stage of stalling 'clutched' bikes.

Automatic options are mostly scooters
A Gilera GP 800 would be my choice if I absolutely had to.

As advised already, I would also advise you raise your competency level and get a mainstream 6-speed 1300cc 600cc bike when you're ready

Riding or raising my competency in clutch bike is not an issue to me but moving to a faster bike 400-750cc is what I need help with. Which bike do you suggest for the mainstream 600cc ? Pls no scooter(that gp800 looks very heavy on paper)
Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by debusy008(m): 12:51am On Oct 21, 2018
What is the difference btw assisted clutch, slippery clutch and easyshift/quickshift clutch

1 Like

Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by Shagati(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2018
debusy008:
What is the difference btw assisted clutch, slippery slipper clutch and easyshift/quickshift clutch

All one and the same thing/concept.
A system that allows you to upshift without engaging the clutch lever.
Some manufacturers now have one that assists downshifts (BMW I think.....)

This is however when you're in mid-to-full flight or racing mode and not applicable in traffic conditions.

So Bros, you will still use ya clutch grin
Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by debusy008(m): 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Shagati:

So Bros, you will still use ya clutch grin

I guess I have no option grin
I'm looking at Yamaha sport touring/standard bike or can you give me good bike recommendation with easy maintenance in lagos ?
Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by C505: 4:16am On Dec 05, 2018
Does anyone know where i can get a scooter 125CC? Particularly Honda farza scooter

Need it before next month
Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by nurey(m): 6:45am On Dec 05, 2018
C505:
Does anyone know where i can get a scooter 125CC? Particularly Honda farza scooter

Need it before next month

willouhby Ebuttemeta lagos. I don't know the real spelling of that willouhby
Re: Need Help In Buying A Motorcycle by joe10: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2020

(1) (Reply)

My 2012 Honda Accord Consumes Fuel And The Power Steering Cup Spills Oil / I Need A Very Good Painter To Paint My Car / infinity FX35 vs Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.